Dr. Colin Ma MD Patient Reviews

2.6

September 23rd, 2016
My mother has been going to Dr. Ma for almost 10 years and has always received excellent care. He has always had the time that she has needed. She has been getting these shots for that entire time and it has saved her eyesight. Now at the age of 86, things are not as easy as the used to be, but she still goes. And only to him.

July 7th, 2016
Happy with the care
I have to admit to reading the reviews before I went and actually thinking about going elsewhere, but I'm very glad that I didn't. I honeslry can't imagine what must have gone on for the other comments to have been written, but I have been seeing Dr. Ma for only a few short months and have already seen him 8 times or so and have had nothing but excellent service. I've never been good with people touching my eyes, they must be more sensitive than most, but the staff has been more than patient and accommodating to me and my needs. They say to allow 2-4 hours for your appointment but so far I have yet to exceed 1.5 hours, and that's including laser surgery and all that fun stuff. It's not a spa, and I don't go there expecting to be pampered, but like I said, I've been very happy with the service and his work it yet to be seen (pun intended) by me but I hear from doctors I trust that he is very good at what he does.

November 12th, 2015
Dump NW Retina and go to Casey!
This clinic is a "Lucendes" shop. They push a herd of patients thru and inject them with this extremely expensive drug when the same manufacturer that makes Lucendes makes Avantas which is the same thing. The cost difference is . $2000 per eye injection vs $50 per eye injection. Dr MA, hates people and his job by his awful bedside manner. They literally jam people in and its take a minimum of 3-4 hours sitting in a waiting room only to be treated like the doctor cant stand teh sight of you. I fired them and went to Casey and it was a night and day experience. The doctors there treat the underlying problem and shy away from unnecessary injections of expensive drugs. My eyesight is restored and the doctor Thomas Hwang was the absolute best of all the doctors I have visited. Do yourself a favor, go to Casey. Retina NW is getting a reputation that their overcrowding and bedside manner is the best thing for Casey.

April 14th, 2015
God Doc, bad bedside manner
Good Doc, horrible bedside manner. Be prepared to pull answers out of him and he getting testy when doing so.

April 17th, 2014
Worst doctor I've ever interacted with. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!!! Don't understand how he assumes that his patients have the same background knowledge as a trained physician. If he cannot help his patients understand what the cause of their vision problems are, why practice?? Find anyone but him for yourself or loved one!!!

January 17th, 2014
Questions Irritate him BADLY ! He could care less .
Dr.Ma is the ABSOLUTE worst Dr. I have EVER encountered ! It seems he could care less to your questions , get irritated when you press him further to get answers . DOES NOT meet the needs of Elders that may not understand , or hear well . WILL NEVER visit him again . I DO NOT recommend him to anyone , He can go back to China , all I care !

June 23rd, 2013
While I trust this doctor medically, his bedside manner was possibly the worst I have ever encountered. With just the smallest amount of consideration for the patient's stress level when potentially having a retinal emergency, the whole appointment could have been positive. Instead, he was impatient and unsympathetic. Too bad...

June 21st, 2012
Worst doctor ever
This is the worst doctors office I have ever had the displeasure of going to. We have been waiting over 2 hours and they just estimated another hour and a half wait. They over book and then leave the patients to deal with the excessive wait with no compassion or consideration for the inconvenience they are causing. It took less time for me to drive him to Salem and back for an appointment than an appointment takes at this clinic. I will never return here and I would not recommend this office to anyone.

August 30th, 2011
Terse and uncaring
Dr. Ma diagnosed a devastating condition for my daughter. He was terse and uncaring and our experience that day eleven years ago continues to be what I think of as the worst day of my life. His diagnosis was completely accurate though so we quickly moved on to the caring professionals at Casey Eye Institute. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Ma under any circumstances.

January 10th, 2011
A True Expert and a Passionate Physician
My wife have been seen by Dr. Ma for many years, and I have to say that Dr. Ma is a true expert on Retinal problems. He is very passionate on what he does and always patient in anwering our long list of questions.

November 15th, 2010
Uncaring Doctor
Dr. Ma has a very poor bedside manner. He acts annoyed when patients ask questions and when immediate family members ask questions after their loved one has come out of surgery. Although he may have technical skills his lack of interpersonal communication skills over shadows this. He is also unwilling to work with patients who may have low income or financial issues due to the high cost of the speciality care his practice provides.

April 26th, 2010
Easy to talk toAnswered all my questionsHas good knowledge of eyeDidn't like my music in OR