Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Happy with the care show details Happy with the care
by Lexine on Jul 7th, 2016

I have to admit to reading the reviews before I went and actually thinking about going elsewhere, but I'm very glad that I didn't. I honeslry can't imagine what must have gone on for the other comments to have been written, but I have been seeing Dr. Ma for only a few short months and have already seen him 8 times or so and have had nothing but excellent service. I've never been good with people touching my eyes, they must be more sensitive than most, but the staff has been more than patient and accommodating to me and my needs. They say to allow 2-4 hours for your appointment but so far I have yet to exceed 1.5 hours, and that's including laser surgery and all that fun stuff. It's not a spa, and I don't go there expecting to be pampered, but like I said, I've been very happy with the service and his work it yet to be seen (pun intended) by me but I hear from doctors I trust that he is very good at what he does.

Dump NW Retina and go to Casey! show details Dump NW Retina and go to Casey!
by Restored Vision! on Nov 12th, 2015

This clinic is a "Lucendes" shop. They push a herd of patients thru and inject them with this extremely expensive drug when the same manufacturer that makes Lucendes makes Avantas which is the same thing. The cost difference is . $2000 per eye injection vs $50 per eye injection. Dr MA, hates people and his job by his awful bedside manner. They literally jam people in and its take a minimum of 3-4 hours sitting in a waiting room only to be treated like the doctor cant stand teh sight of you. I fired them and went to Casey and it was a night and day experience. The doctors there treat the underlying problem and shy away from unnecessary injections of expensive drugs. My eyesight is restored and the doctor Thomas Hwang was the absolute best of all the doctors I have visited. Do yourself a favor, go to Casey. Retina NW is getting a reputation that their overcrowding and bedside manner is the best thing for Casey.

God Doc, bad bedside manner show details God Doc, bad bedside manner
Apr 14th, 2015

Good Doc, horrible bedside manner. Be prepared to pull answers out of him and he getting testy when doing so.

Apr 17th, 2014

Worst doctor I've ever interacted with. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!!! Don't understand how he assumes that his patients have the same background knowledge as a trained physician. If he cannot help his patients understand what the cause of their vision problems are, why practice?? Find anyone but him for yourself or loved one!!!

Questions Irritate him BADLY ! He could care less . show details Questions Irritate him BADLY ! He could care less .
by J.K. Bonn on Jan 17th, 2014

Dr.Ma is the ABSOLUTE worst Dr. I have EVER encountered ! It seems he could care less to your questions , get irritated when you press him further to get answers . DOES NOT meet the needs of Elders that may not understand , or hear well . WILL NEVER visit him again . I DO NOT recommend him to anyone , He can go back to China , all I care !

Jun 23rd, 2013

While I trust this doctor medically, his bedside manner was possibly the worst I have ever encountered. With just the smallest amount of consideration for the patient's stress level when potentially having a retinal emergency, the whole appointment could have been positive. Instead, he was impatient and unsympathetic. Too bad...

Worst doctor ever show details Worst doctor ever
Jun 21st, 2012

This is the worst doctors office I have ever had the displeasure of going to. We have been waiting over 2 hours and they just estimated another hour and a half wait. They over book and then leave the patients to deal with the excessive wait with no compassion or consideration for the inconvenience they are causing. It took less time for me to drive him to Salem and back for an appointment than an appointment takes at this clinic. I will never return here and I would not recommend this office to anyone.

Terse and uncaring show details Terse and uncaring
Aug 30th, 2011

Dr. Ma diagnosed a devastating condition for my daughter. He was terse and uncaring and our experience that day eleven years ago continues to be what I think of as the worst day of my life. His diagnosis was completely accurate though so we quickly moved on to the caring professionals at Casey Eye Institute. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Ma under any circumstances.

A True Expert and a Passionate Physician show details A True Expert and a Passionate Physician
Jan 10th, 2011

My wife have been seen by Dr. Ma for many years, and I have to say that Dr. Ma is a true expert on Retinal problems. He is very passionate on what he does and always patient in anwering our long list of questions.

Uncaring Doctor show details Uncaring Doctor
Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Ma has a very poor bedside manner. He acts annoyed when patients ask questions and when immediate family members ask questions after their loved one has come out of surgery. Although he may have technical skills his lack of interpersonal communication skills over shadows this. He is also unwilling to work with patients who may have low income or financial issues due to the high cost of the speciality care his practice provides.

Apr 26th, 2010

Easy to talk toAnswered all my questionsHas good knowledge of eyeDidn't like my music in OR

No bedside manner show details No bedside manner
Mar 31st, 2010

Dr. Ma the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever gone to. He was curt and seemed annoyed when asked any questions. I have never felt afraid of angering a doctor until Dr. Ma. He may be highly skilled medically, but he really needs help with his interpersonal skills!