A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Colin Scher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Colin Scher is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Colin Scher, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Scher graduated from University Of Cape Town. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Scher has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scher accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Community Health Group - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Colin A. Scher practice?
Dr. Colin Scher practices Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, and Surgery near Encinitas, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA and Escondido, CA.
See Encinitas Ophthalmologists, Encinitas Pediatric Specialists, and Encinitas Surgeons.