Dr. Colleen Allorto Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Colleen Allorto?

Great bedside manner, excellent diagnosis

Posted on November 18th, 2015

My children have been treated by Dr. Allorto for 3 years. Each time we visit, she is attentive and thorough, and her diagnosis is right every time. I appreciate her bedside manner, and know that she is going to do her best to treat my children. I don't always like the wait, but it is always worth it!

Horrible communication and bedside manner

Posted on September 7th, 2014

I left a previous practice because she was the new doctor, and she recommended horrible treatment for my asthmatic son. (Steam shower to "breakup his congestion") and that he wouldn't need antibiotics because she doesn't like to give them. I told her we would be back with a full blown infection if not treated, she insisted. 2 days later we were back and on meds. The practice I went to uses her practice as rotating on calls. Lucky for us he was on call this weekend. Not! My daughter is 8 weeks, and has a cold that has been getting increasingly worse. I called yesterday morning and told Dr. Allorto what was wrong. She said typicall she doesn't order meds this young, but sounded like she really needed them now. Asked my pharmacy, the number to the pharmacy and I have her my daughters current weight. She said to start the antibiotics and follow up with our pediatrician this Monday. I called the pharmacy last night to see if the Rx was ready, they said no. Went to get it today, still no Rx. Page the dr again and she yelled at me! Said, "She's only 8weeks! I would never call in medication this young!" Then said, um, it is 5 o'clock! Can't this wait until tomorrow by now!? More words followed including her telling me that I need to understand that other people are busy and I'm not the only person out there! I will be discussing this with my current pediatrician. Ridiculous!

A little harsh

Posted on December 19th, 2011

Waited in office for over an hour and my baby started crying. Was called back then and dr allorto said I had a fussy baby.

Posted on September 12th, 2008

I think she is the best

Posted on June 15th, 2008

She is an excellent doctor who takes time to explain things and answers all your questions and does not make you feel rushed

Posted on February 3rd, 2015