Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

La Cañada Flintridge
Verdugo Hills Med GRP IPA
1818 Verdugo Blvd
Ste 108
Glendale, CA 91208
818-790-1145
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Always Efficient and Professional  |  show details
by Jim K. on Mar 6th, 2014

Doctor Cooper listens and has the expertise that only comes with many years of experience treating patients.

Sep 24th, 2013

The physician himself is not a bad man, but staffs at this place are RUDE, reckless and discourteous and have gotten worse over the years! You cannot help it not to hold the physician himself and the office manager accountable for the terrible way the staffs at this place treat you. The guy (doctor) is just TOO OLD to care or to be at top of things! Of course he takes it on himself to do a lot of crap works where other places, physicians leave it to the office staffs to do. His receptionist is one of the worst - incompetent, nonsense and careless. His nurse (Melba) USED to be good, but now she has turned sour as well. They (staffs) seem overworked and perhaps under paid, hence for not caring. Of course you can say the same for many other physicians and dentists in this country particularly here in California. It is a shame, because we used to have the BEST healthcare system in the WORLD. Asking me, there is really no system of checks and balances and there is really no system of oversight to monitor the healthcare providers. Of course, blame it ALL on the blood sucking insurance companies for ruining it for everybody, patients as well as physicians. We really need a major overhaul!

Nov 17th, 2012

dr. cooper is my family physician for almost 30 years. He takes excellent care of his patients and I recommend him highly

|  No Help  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

We made an appt for 4pm. I called ahead to get the new patient paperwork completed as I couldn't get there 20 minutes early due to work. Staff refused to send it saying it was unncessary that the forms took 2 minutes. Got there - forms took me 10 min as they wanted history, meds, etc. At 4:15, they said that the doctor will not see us at all and it was my fault for not getting there 30 minutes ahead to complete the paperwork. Staff was rude and it was terrible to be treated that way when I tried everything to avoid it. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

|  Outstanding, Knowledgeable, Caring MD  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I began seeing Dr. Cooper when my MD retired. He is very thorough, professional, and concerned about the patient, and ALWAYS takes the time to explain exactly what is going on w/one's illness or condition. Dr. Cooper has always been "right on" regarding diagnosis and prognosis. I pray that he never retires! Doctors like Cooper are few and far between these days.

|  Filling in for my Dr.  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

This is not my regular Doctor, thankfully, since he wouldn't take any time to look at my file that clearly shows I am on a medication that can NOT be abruptly stopped. Yet he denied to write it when I sat in the reception waiting to pick it up, as is normal with my doctor. The staff had no alternative for me and I even asked what was his reason for not writing this script, they said he had none.Having to be thrown into witdrawls at 57 is inhuman and irresponsible to another persons health.I ended up calling the service demanding to get a message to my doctor, and low and behold Dr.Cooper called back and acted like there was no issue that he had said to the staff he wouldn't write the prescription without seeing me.. Either the staff is worthless or he is a liar.. I know he didn't realize I was sitting right there when the receptionist came back after talking to him and refused my treatment.. Otherwise she would have said I was there and could he see me then... This has been a nightmare and especially when I just came out of the cardiologists office before going and wanting to pick up my medication.. This Dr. is reckless while filling in for other Dr.s.

Jan 27th, 2012

This is an excellent doctor, however, it is next to impossible to get anyone to return a phone call. If you call to get the results for tests, blood work etc. Good luck.

|  The Extra Mile  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

This doctor has always gone the extra mile for me. At a young age, I had some complications from diabetes. He was on vacation in Hawaii and was on the phone daily to check my progress. I believe he flew home early. He also helped me be able to pay my emergency and overall medical expenses. An excellent, trustworthy and capable physician.

May 18th, 2010

I was not impressed by either Dr. Cooper or his office staff. Four different times his staff said they would call and never did. He did not seem knowledgable nor up to date. He did not pay attention to me when I spoke.

|  User review from Citysearch  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 17th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

The nice thing about this group is that they have an urgent care center. I was going to the family practice people for awhile but got frust...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com