Dr. Colum Amory Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Colum Amory?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2016

Dismissive

My mom was admitted on a Friday morning having two mini strokes. Tests were done at admittance and 2 others ordered but not completed untill Monday because it was the weekend. The nurses at Albany med were great and kept calling the echo techs who didn't answer the page. Alvaro came in on Monday morning spoke to my mom, she then had the tests. Was told by the nurse she was going to be discharged after she had the tests. Oh I forgot to mention she had two more minis while in the hospital. Long and short of it at least 7 hours later she was discharged and all they could tell us is she has mini strokes...no cause?? To top it I was told after specifically asking any med change. The nurse said no. There was and it was never phoned in so she went without two doses. I also asked to speak with the Alvaro and he went home! We spoke to an intern who also did not know or seem to care nothing was found and said there was little damage. Basically wait until you have another one. Shameful. I can only wish the same care for him.

June 12th, 2015

Hurried & already made up his mind BEFORE actually listening to me

I came in thru the ER with the symptoms of a mini stroke. As I had had this happen several years before, I was aware of the symptoms. This "very" young man came in and insisted I was having a migraine ! My left side was weak. My face drooped on one side. I was slurring my words and my vision was blurred. The symptoms resolved in about an hour. He came in and said "He often had migraines with NO symptoms" (which made no sense at all) and tried to convince me that this was all I had going on, despite what my husband told him had been going on prior to his "diagnosis". We left the ER and found a good doctor who immediately recognized the symptoms of a mini-stroke with appropriate assistance and instructions. AVOID this doctor until (hopefully) he can get past comparing all symptoms to his "own health experiences" and making blanket statements which do not take into account the patient's symptoms! If there was less than 1 star rating... that's what we would have given him.

February 1st, 2015