Dr. Connie Campbell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Connie Campbell?

November 2nd, 2015

Dr. Campbell is compassionate, and a wonderful surgeon. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone who will listen.

September 11th, 2015

I came to Dr Cambell after moving from Florida in the middle of breast cancer treatment. I found her very compassionate and clearly explained my condition and treatment with out being condensending or showing a big ego which I find with many doctors. I found her very intelligent and very willing to discuss my questions and concerns.

January 26th, 2015

Simply stated, Dr. Campbell saved my life.

March 26th, 2014

Greatful Patient

I agree with several other responses about the office staff including the medical assistant and their rudeness. Dr Campbell is very knowledgeable and treated me with respect, listened to my concerns, and has done everything possible for me to assist in my weight loss. I highly recommend her to anyone considering bariatric surgery, with the understanding that you may not get the warm fuzzy surgeon but you will have good outcomes and a safe surgery. I also agree that the initial post op appointment should be with the surgeon and not the PA and this should be seriously considered by Dr Campbell. I also hope the office staff are aware of all the negative reviews they are receiving. Overall she is the best surgeon and highly recommended by this patient.

October 5th, 2013

Awful Awful Awful

I had gastric bypass surgery in 03. I was her second patient I had an issue with swallowing something by accident in some soup I was eating and was in extreme pain {dumping syndrome} for the first time, I was scared so I called her and all she did was insult and demean me for doing this by accident.As if I wanted to experience dumping syndrome on purpose.I have had to have bypass revision surgery since going to her and still have a lot of stomach and other health issues having to do with this surgery She offers no after surgery appointments to check on the health of her patients.She has 0 bedside manners .No compassion at all and I would give her a 0 rating if it was at all possible. I only hope she is better with her family than she is with her patients. How the higher ups at CMC are not seeing these awful reviews and still letting her perform these surgeries is beyond me. Shame on them also. If this wasn't MALPRACTICE I don't know what is. Terrible ordeal which will NEVER end for me .Avoid at all costs.

April 24th, 2013

Rethink this office LONG and HARD

Dr. Campbell is competent if all goes well. Of course you only see the PA’s after that, so can’t comment on her aftercare If you are “lucky” enough for her to lower herself to see you if a complication arises it’s as if she wants to DRIVE you away so it won’t affect her “center of excellence” rating. She actually refused to treat me further without helping to get me well again, with no recommendation of who to turn to. She barks orders and when you actually follow them, there is a list of them you have to jump through, before you can move forward, even then she dictates and does not LISTEN to the patient. Office staff….Nancy’s demeanor is reprehensible. She doesn’t “get” that the decision to have WLS is a life altering and difficult decision for most, her interaction with patients is disgraceful. It’s all about their schedule, there is NO accommodating a working professional. Cheryl did her job but nothing beyond that. I highly recommend you rethink engaging with this office.

February 4th, 2013

Dr. Campbell is one of the most compassionate Doctors I have ever met. I came to her as a highly complicated case. She is the first Doctor to care for my whole being. Her professionalism, bedside manners and follow up absolutely exceeded my expectations. I can only thank her and her staff for their consistent care and professionalism. I highly recommend her!

August 10th, 2012

Dr. Campbell was fantastic! I would highly recommend her if anyone is considering gastric by-pass surgery. Dr. Campbell is compassionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping people who struggle with weight issues choose the best surgical option for them once they have completed the very comprehensive pre-op program through CMC Obesity Clinic.

October 17th, 2011

What is most important to you?

I thought Dr. Campbell's manner to be professional and direct and had absolutely no concerns with her expertise or ability. My hospital stay was exactly as she predicted and I experienced very little pain and no immediate complications. I personally don't need a warm, fuzzy personality, so the fact that she isn't like that does not bother me. That said, I have major issues with this office. First, the office staff women are nasty. Not just unfriendly, but downright rude and demeaning. They apparently do not understand that they are there to provide service to the clientele, and act like you are a huge distraction in their life. If you ask any question, be prepared for short, tone-ridden answers peppered with sighs. I also dislike how there is no follow-up with the surgeon. While I saw her for the initial consultation and the 2 days in the hospital, after that, you only deal with PAs. While the PAs seem competent, when a complication did arise, I would have at least liked to have had some contact with the surgeon. As it was, not even the PAs explained the results of a diagnostic exam; I was just scheduled for another medical procedure with no explanation as to what the initial diagnostic test showed.If Dr. Campbell (and the other surgeons in the office) really want to improve their reputation, they should start with removing the two women who currently work behind the desk. If I could go elsewhere, I would. Had I known how horrible it is to try and deal with them, I would not have chosen that center, but have gone somewhere else. In summation, Dr. Campbell has an excellent reputation at CMC; I heard only glowing reports about her from the nursing staff and I had a remarkably pain-free and easy recovery. I think she is an excellent surgeon. However, be aware that you won't deal with her again after the surgery, but with her horrible office staff.

September 7th, 2011

I was impressed with the nurses & my PA. Overall I was happy with my surgery & I didn't question Dr Campbell's clinical skills, though she didn't do anything in the way of aftercare post-surgery & spent no time with me as a patient beyond the initial consultation & surgery. I also had a couple of negative experiences with the office staff where they lacked both professional comportment and manners.

July 21st, 2011

This office overall is quite unfriendly from the apppointment staff who actually yelled at me for expressing concern over my delayed surgery after a 4 hour delay, to Dr. Campbell herself who does not make eye contact or even follow up personally. So if you will require extended care and are not comfortable at the consult just know it does not get better.

January 12th, 2011

SOUR!!!

This woman has a nasty personality. She tried to ignore me, and when she finally had to talk to me, she looked down her nose with a sneer. Wouldn't send even a rat to her - no one should be treated like that!