Dr. Connie Campbell MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

November 1st, 2015
Dr. Campbell is compassionate, and a wonderful surgeon. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone who will listen.

November 1st, 2015

September 11th, 2015
I came to Dr Cambell after moving from Florida in the middle of breast cancer treatment. I found her very compassionate and clearly explained my condition and treatment with out being condensending or showing a big ego which I find with many doctors. I found her very intelligent and very willing to discuss my questions and concerns.

September 11th, 2015

January 25th, 2015
Simply stated, Dr. Campbell saved my life.

January 25th, 2015
Simply stated, Dr. Campbell saved my life.

March 26th, 2014
Greatful Patient
I agree with several other responses about the office staff including the medical assistant and their rudeness. Dr Campbell is very knowledgeable and treated me with respect, listened to my concerns, and has done everything possible for me to assist in my weight loss. I highly recommend her to anyone considering bariatric surgery, with the understanding that you may not get the warm fuzzy surgeon but you will have good outcomes and a safe surgery. I also agree that the initial post op appointment should be with the surgeon and not the PA and this should be seriously considered by Dr Campbell. I also hope the office staff are aware of all the negative reviews they are receiving. Overall she is the best surgeon and highly recommended by this patient.

March 26th, 2014
Greatful Patient

October 5th, 2013
Awful Awful Awful
I had gastric bypass surgery in 03. I was her second patient I had an issue with swallowing something by accident in some soup I was eating and was in extreme pain {dumping syndrome} for the first time, I was scared so I called her and all she did was insult and demean me for doing this by accident.As if I wanted to experience dumping syndrome on purpose.I have had to have bypass revision surgery since going to her and still have a lot of stomach and other health issues having to do with this surgery She offers no after surgery appointments to check on the health of her patients.She has 0 bedside manners .No compassion at all and I would give her a 0 rating if it was at all possible. I only hope she is better with her family than she is with her patients. How the higher ups at CMC are not seeing these awful reviews and still letting her perform these surgeries is beyond me. Shame on them also. If this wasn't MALPRACTICE I don't know what is. Terrible ordeal which will NEVER end for me .Avoid at all costs.

April 24th, 2013
Rethink this office LONG and HARD
Dr. Campbell is competent if all goes well. Of course you only see the PA’s after that, so can’t comment on her aftercare If you are “lucky” enough for her to lower herself to see you if a complication arises it’s as if she wants to DRIVE you away so it won’t affect her “center of excellence” rating. She actually refused to treat me further without helping to get me well again, with no recommendation of who to turn to. She barks orders and when you actually follow them, there is a list of them you have to jump through, before you can move forward, even then she dictates and does not LISTEN to the patient. Office staff….Nancy’s demeanor is reprehensible. She doesn’t “get” that the decision to have WLS is a life altering and difficult decision for most, her interaction with patients is disgraceful. It’s all about their schedule, there is NO accommodating a working professional. Cheryl did her job but nothing beyond that. I highly recommend you rethink engaging with this office.

April 24th, 2013
Rethink this office LONG and HARD
Dr. Campbell is competent if all goes well. Of course you only see the PAu00e2u0080u0099s after that, so canu00e2u0080u0099t comment on her aftercare If you are u00e2u0080u009cluckyu00e2u0080u009d enough for her to lower herself to see you if a complication arises itu00e2u0080u0099s as if she wants to DRIVE you away so it wonu00e2u0080u0099t affect her u00e2u0080u009ccenter of excellenceu00e2u0080u009d rating. She actually refused to treat me further without helping to get me well again, with no recommendation of who to turn to. She barks orders and when you actually follow them, there is a list of them you have to jump through, before you can move forward, even then she dictates and does not LISTEN to the patient. Office staffu00e2u0080u00a6.Nancyu00e2u0080u0099s demeanor is reprehensible. She doesnu00e2u0080u0099t u00e2u0080u009cgetu00e2u0080u009d that the decision to have WLS is a life altering and difficult decision for most, her interaction with patients is disgraceful. Itu00e2u0080u0099s all about their schedule, there is NO accommodating a working professional. Cheryl did her job but nothing beyond that. I highly recommend you rethink engaging with this office.

April 1st, 2013
A horrible experience
Was treated in a very condescending manner in regards to complications with my Lap Band.General feeling I get is DR Campbell does not want to deal with anyone who is not a weight loss superstar in her eyes.Follow up visits left me feeling uncomfortable,anxious depressed, I refuse to return even though I am in serious need to having this band removed.Curt comments,lack of compassion and apathetic to my health concerns.I will not go back,looking for a Surgeon who has the patience and compassion to hear me and not judge me.I encourage anyone who is considering getting Lap Band to rethink your decision,its a failed procedure,and this DR does not like to admit that.Look into the Sleeve or RNY,I wish I had.

Health Guides