inactive

Dr. Conrad Collins MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Plainville, CT

September 2nd, 2015
Likes to push medicines
What started off as a normal physical turned into almost a year and a half of regular visits. Every time I came in for a "follow up" there was something new he found. Had man unnecessary procedures done and ended up on 3 different medications, that I ended up not even needing to take. Final straw was after having blood work done I was told my T count was extremely low. I was at risk of never having children. Funny part was my wife was 8 months pregnant at the time with my child. When I questioned about a skin problem I was having, I was told, its not big deal dont worry about it. Obviously I am worried if I am asking questions. There are treatments for my skin condition, but none involve medication/prescriptions so it wasn't of any importance to him. The wait times. No matter what time of day I booked my appointment I was going to wait a min of 45 min. One of my last appointment i had made there I left work early for my 3:30 appointment. at 6:15 I was given a room. at 6:45 Dr Collins finally made it in, checked my blood pressure, looked at my carts and told me to get the blood work done and come back in 2 weeks. He was with me for less than 5 min.

April 2nd, 2014
Dr. Collins is the best of the best. He is an awesome diagnostician who takes the time to listen and properly diagnose you. People complain about the wait time but he always gets you in if you need him and he truly cares and listens. I don't mind waiting knowing i'm getting the best treatment possible.

March 9th, 2012
long wait, too many tests ordered, too many follow up's, forgetfullness of doctor

January 22nd, 2012
Exceptional Doctor
My husband and I both see Dr. Collins. He is very caring and attentive.He diagnosed 3 different times serious health issues my husband had,though he had no symptoms each time.Diagnosis was made during routine exams.He spends as much time as needed,therefore,I can't fault the wait to get in to see him.We have complete faith in Dr. Collins, and would never think about leaving because of the wait in the office. I,ve always found his staff to be friendly and helpful.

August 12th, 2011
Poor Customer Service
As a patient of Dr. Collins I called to schedule an appt what I believed to be was an allergic reaction. The uncaring and unfriendly staff informed me that Dr. Collins was not in the office on Fridays so I asked to be seen by another doctor at ANY available time. They told me that the next appt available for me would me Tuesday!! Great!! I could be dead by then. I then asked if they knew of any walk-in clinics nearby as I am newer to the area and was told, "NO." Needless to say, I will not be going back.

August 11th, 2011
HORRIBLE OFFICE MANAGEMENT
The wait times have become interminable, especially, but not limited, to late in the day. I foolishly waited over an hour the first time, since then, I ask reception how late he is running on my arrival, often run local errands before returning. I have rescheduled 4 out of my last 6 appts due to wait times > 1 hour. Dr. C is a fine practitioner, but he scoffed when I expressed concern about how the office was managing appointments. He blamed the admin staff and emergency walk-ins. The office admins explained several times that HE is the problem. My daughter even waited an hour for a 9:30am appointment!

January 10th, 2011
Dr. Collins is a great doctor my entire family goes to him. The only bad thing is the secretarial staff are rude every time I call and I am in the office. The wait time to see the doctor is ridiculous. I had a re-scheduled appt and waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half and still hadn't seen the doctor at that point I decided to leave.

September 12th, 2010
Getting healthier all the time
Dr. Collins always takes time to listen. He makes the correct diagnosis and offersthe right treatment. Always treated withrespect.

July 22nd, 2010
Always takes time, asks questions and wants you to ask question. Takes everyproblem seriously, ALWAYS wants to do theadditional test and the followuo exam. Very personable.

May 19th, 2010
Didn't value my time
Waited over 90 minutes for last appointment without an explanation or apology - thanks but no thanks doc, I won't be returning.