Family Physicians

7 N Washington St
Ste 106
Plainville, CT 06062
860-747-5756
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Jeanne Hubbard on Apr 2nd, 2014

Dr. Collins is the best of the best. He is an awesome diagnostician who takes the time to listen and properly diagnose you. People complain about the wait time but he always gets you in if you need him and he truly cares and listens. I don't mind waiting knowing i'm getting the best treatment possible.

Mar 9th, 2012

long wait, too many tests ordered, too many follow up's, forgetfullness of doctor

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

My husband and I both see Dr. Collins. He is very caring and attentive.He diagnosed 3 different times serious health issues my husband had,though he had no symptoms each time.Diagnosis was made during routine exams.He spends as much time as needed,therefore,I can't fault the wait to get in to see him.We have complete faith in Dr. Collins, and would never think about leaving because of the wait in the office. I,ve always found his staff to be friendly and helpful.

|  Poor Customer Service  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

As a patient of Dr. Collins I called to schedule an appt what I believed to be was an allergic reaction. The uncaring and unfriendly staff informed me that Dr. Collins was not in the office on Fridays so I asked to be seen by another doctor at ANY available time. They told me that the next appt available for me would me Tuesday!! Great!! I could be dead by then. I then asked if they knew of any walk-in clinics nearby as I am newer to the area and was told, "NO." Needless to say, I will not be going back.

|  HORRIBLE OFFICE MANAGEMENT  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

The wait times have become interminable, especially, but not limited, to late in the day. I foolishly waited over an hour the first time, since then, I ask reception how late he is running on my arrival, often run local errands before returning. I have rescheduled 4 out of my last 6 appts due to wait times > 1 hour. Dr. C is a fine practitioner, but he scoffed when I expressed concern about how the office was managing appointments. He blamed the admin staff and emergency walk-ins. The office admins explained several times that HE is the problem. My daughter even waited an hour for a 9:30am appointment!

Jan 10th, 2011

Dr. Collins is a great doctor my entire family goes to him. The only bad thing is the secretarial staff are rude every time I call and I am in the office. The wait time to see the doctor is ridiculous. I had a re-scheduled appt and waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half and still hadn't seen the doctor at that point I decided to leave.

|  Getting healthier all the time  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2010

Dr. Collins always takes time to listen. He makes the correct diagnosis and offersthe right treatment. Always treated withrespect.

Jul 22nd, 2010

Always takes time, asks questions and wants you to ask question. Takes everyproblem seriously, ALWAYS wants to do theadditional test and the followuo exam. Very personable.

|  Didn't value my time  |  show details
May 19th, 2010

Waited over 90 minutes for last appointment without an explanation or apology - thanks but no thanks doc, I won't be returning.