Emergency Physicians

Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
101 Hospital Rd
Patchogue, NY 11772
631-654-7763
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Bloody nose to near death experience.  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2009

11 hours in the emergency room. Seeing the emergency room "doctor" twice. FOUR horrific nose bleeds. My wife turned into a delirious patient due to the amount of blood lost. Feeling internal burning but she was COLD to the touch. This resulted in three units of blood transfused because the blood level was lower then 50%. Poor bedside manner and faulty treatment if any. A passing REMARK as my wife fell to the floor from a gurney after being there for 8 hours at that point, four massive nose bleeds filling towels to a point of saturation each time. He merely looked in and told what was believed to be an orderly and male nurse to, "document what you see and maybe that will justify admission to hospital". I was not even answered when I asked "why did it have to come to this?". He pretty much dismissed me. I had been hounding him to contact the surgeons to do more then just dam up her nose with nasal tampons. Let's not forget this was Christmas Eve so apparently his patient did not matter to him. I was not excited and I was calm enough to know he had shown no interest in my wife although she was bleeding. His lack of caring, or action has me wondering what his accountability IS. He just blew me off as his staff even questioned why he was letting the situation ESCALATE to the level it had.