As kind and compassionate, as he is skilled and accomplished. show details As kind and compassionate, as he is skilled and accomplished.
by Aubrey Doyle on Feb 22nd, 2015

Last year my life was taken away from me. I underwent a surgery that was sloppily done by a different surgeon. For eight months post-surgery, my life consisted of chronic pain. At just 26-years-old, I felt stripped of my life. The pain was so excruciating I could no longer work or be social. I was so desperate to be rid of this paralyzing pain that I tried everything. I had been to pain centers for injections, and even been to two “top” surgeons in two different states for second and third opinions. One surgeon refused to do the corrective surgery and the other told me that the surgery was so risky, he would have to do a full-on open surgery to cut my entire torso. Even after surgery, there was still a chance my leg would never be the same, and could possibly be amputated. I had lost all hope. Both in my life, and in the competence of surgeons—that is until Dr. Frantzides. Understanding the danger of the surgery, I researched until I found the best, Dr. Frantzides. I read the reviews listed below and tears came to my eyes. Hearing other patients refer to Dr. Frantzides as their “guardian angel” made me both cry at the thought of a surgeon who gives patients their lives back. But given my past experiences with other surgeons, I was still fearful of the worst case scenario. I decided it was worth the risk. I had two options at this point. Either accept my life was gone as I knew it at 26-years-old, or find the last shreds of hope in me and put faith in this “guardian angel” of a surgeon. Dr. Frantzides saved my life. Not only did he spend five hours on me in the operating room, being as meticulous as humanly possible, and fixing my body to a perfection—he did it laparoscopically! The scars are barely visible. Still, I cannot even believe it. It confounds me that he was able to fix the mess he did, let alone as without any invasive procedures. I was told that wasn’t possible. Maybe for every other surgeon in this world, but Dr. Frantzides is a maverick miracle. In just one week I was walking, laughing, and for the first time feeling incredible, like I was me again. Perhaps, dare I say, even a better version of me. Not only is Dr. Frantzides the most skilled surgeon I could ever imagine (and I have done my research!), he is also the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. Dr. Frantzides isn’t a machine, he’s a human being. When I was in chronic pain for eight months, the surgeon who put me in that pain and knew of that pain never called to check on me once. In the first week of recovery, Dr. Frantzides called me nearly every day, sometimes several times a day to check on my progress. He walked me through what I would be feeling, explained to me why I would be feeling it, and also told me what to expect. Despite his brilliance, he broke things down for me in a language I could understand. Prior to Dr. Frantzides, what I had been through and was going through shook me emotionally. But once under Dr. Frantzides care he reminded me in the most kind, warm-hearted way that I was his patient now. He was there for me, and would be there for me any day any time, every step of the way.

by Beth H on Jan 15th, 2015

I have nothing but spectacular things to say about this highly skilled, extremely caring and compassionate physician... 8 years ago he performed a very complicated surgery on my abdomen and it went without a single complication... Last week I needed another complex surgery and once again, the surgery was beyond a success and dr F literally gave me my life back... He is available 24 hours a day.. And was patient, understanding and extremely professional..not a surprise that he is in the top 100 physicians in the country... I recommend him without hesitation.. A class act physican and human being!!!! Thank you thank you!!

by Beth on Dec 19th, 2014

Incredibly Knowledgeable Physician.. I Would recommend him without hesitation.. Warm,friendly bedside manner

My adhesion show details My adhesion
by Aneta Jarosz on Nov 10th, 2014

My name is Aneta Jarosz and I am 21 years old. When I was 10, my appendix burst and had emergency open surgery. I thought everything was fine until some years ago when I developed pain at the left side of my stomach. It felt like knives were poking me. First it would hurt a day or two then it would go away for a few months. At the end of May 2014 it started hurting again; I thought after a day or two it would go away. More days have passed and it was still hurting. I could not eat because it hurt and I was nauseas. I did not know what was going on so I went to my PCP. He gave me a check up and ran some tests and concluded that I had an “infection in my liver”. I was really confused. I went to the next doctor; he said I “ripped something in my stomach” and that he would be in touch. That was the last time I ever heard from him. At work I told one of my coworkers my story and she told me about Dr. Constantine Frantzides and how he helped her. She gave me the number and I called that same day. I was greeted by Teresa who works with Doctor Frantzides. Teresa set an appointment for me with the doctor; she was so nice and friendly. When I arrived at the doctor’s office I found it to be really nice, calm and there was music playing in the background; articles and awards for Dr. Frantzides’ work were displayed on the walls. I was greeted by a big smile from Teresa and asked how I felt that day. I went to the examining room where I was greeted by the Doctor, who was extremely nice. We talked about my medical history and after a few minutes he knew what was going on. I had a “partial bowel obstruction due to abdominal adhesions”. He prescribed for me to undergo a radiology test to confirm his suspicion of my ailment. When it was concluded that surgery was the best answer both Dr. Frantzides and Teresa explained everything from start to finish. I was not worried at all; I knew I was in good hands. The day before surgery Teresa called to see how I was feeling and if I had any other questions and assured me that everything will be okay. The day of my surgery Dr. Frantzides came to talk to me to see how I was feeling and if I had any questions. I met Dr. Frantzides entire team before I was taken to the operating room; they were also extremely nice. I had my surgery laparoscopically; the doctor freed up my intestine of all the adhesions through only three little punctures on my abdomen. I stayed in the hospital only overnight. Next day I was discharged after Dr. Frantzides examined me. I am currently one month after surgery and I feel great. I have no pain in my stomach and life is wonderful again. I do not need to leave school or work anymore because of the pain and nausea. Dr. Frantzides truly saved my life. I wanted to thank Doctor Frantzides and Teresa from the bottom of my heart for their help. They were with me every step of the way and were extraordinarily nice and patient with me. Words cannot describe how thankful I am.

by Patricia on Apr 23rd, 2014

After meeting with Dr.Frantzides it is easy to see why he is named one of America's top doctors. Dr.Frantzides answered all of my questions and made me feel at ease with his calm bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Frantzides to anyone looking for an amazing doctor.

He is my savior- edit show details He is my savior- edit
by Jessica on Feb 7th, 2014

I have learned a lesson on not reviewing something when your upset over something that is not in control of the doctor. He was beyond sincere; compassionate and very knowledgable to my condition and situation. I am currently in position to raise money for the surgery I would only allow him to do :) as he is the only surgeon who shows that he cares enough to take the time and do the surgery. I have written to vitals to remove my previous post which was written out of a misunderstanding of my own regarding my out of network benefits. I would recommend Dr. F to anyone who needs someone who understands: and will take you on not only as a patient but as friend.

He's my savior... But he can't save me show details He's my savior... But he can't save me
by Disappointed on Nov 3rd, 2013

Dr. Frantzides is the most knowledgable doctor I've ever met. He knew of my condition and was very confident in giving me the surgery I need! I felt relieved... A miracle!! Until... His assistant notified me that he is out of network with my insurance and it would be $10,000 up front for my surgery!!!! I cried!! And then as we were leaving it was $400 for his consultation fee! I feel very cheated and disappointed... I asked before making the appointment if they accepted Cigna and I was told Yes! But then I wasn't told until AFTER the appointment he was out of network!!! My husband and I drove 4 hours at $100 in gas and toll roads and then $400 to see him for a crushed dream :( we're currently trying to raise money for the surgery... But his little office assistant is a nasty little thing! Who does that to. Young couple who is just starting out in life with a new baby!!!! And avoids telling them the cost... I cried the whole way home...

Divericulitis cured by Laparoscopic Colectomy show details Divericulitis cured by Laparoscopic Colectomy
Dec 29th, 2012

Dr. Frantzides DOES what other's only CLAIM they can do, and what they claim "CAN'T be done"It was not untill recently that faith has led me to Dr.Frantzides, and I thank God for it everyday. I have been diagnosed with irritabble bowel syndrome for years. I was also diagnosed with Divericulitis, placed on antibiotics, underwent a Ct scan, was told that my sigmoid colon was inflamed, was told that I needed surgery, and worst of all was told by several surgeons that due to my previous surgeries it could not be done laparoscopically and would be done opeon. Well, Dr. Frantzides promised that he has done others and he will do mine laparoscopically, and so he did. I have only 2 punctures on my abdomen and one in my belly button. I was HOME the NEXT DAY, today I am 1 month after surgery, my bowels function has stabilized, and what was thought to be irritable bowel syndrome seems to have beed diverticulitis misdiagnosed for too many years. I will repeat, Dr. Frantzides does the impossible, I am still amazed with the minimal hopsital stay, the minimal pain, the amazingly fast recovery, and the GREAT outcome, and so is my family, and all my doctors.

Confident show details Confident
Nov 26th, 2011

I finally went to see Dr. Frantzides after he was recommended to me by two of my physicians that don't know each other. I thought it was worth checking him out. I called the office, made an appointment, had to wait a little because he was in Europe doing surgeries. I finally met him this week, and totally love him. My kind of guy. I have no doubt whatsoever who will do my gastric bypass. He is very knowledgeable, very confident, very friendly, and when you are with him you feel as if you are the only one that matters. I have been thinking about this surgery for a long time, after the meeting with Dr. Frantzides I feel that I found the place, the doctor, and this is the time, it feels right.

Pleasant Dr.'s appointment show details Pleasant Dr.'s appointment
Aug 28th, 2011

It was a pleasure meeting Dr. Frantzides. I came to talk to him about a hernia that I developed that I need to take care of. I was so pleasantly surprised with the way Dr. Frantzides treats his patients. Having had open heart surgery in the past and not ever meeting the surgeon that performed it, I am sure I will not have open surgery if only I can find a doctor that can do it the minimally invasive way. It was so different and nice to be able to sit down with Dr. Frantzides and his fellow in the office and just talk about me and my situation. I did not feel rushed and I had things explained to me more than I could ever ask. Dr. Frantzides told me things I would never even think to ask about. Doctor appointments are never pleasant but this one was. I feel confident that my surgery will be done laparoscopically and I feel confident that Dr. Frantzides will take care of me.

Genuine show details Genuine
Mar 11th, 2011

Being a nurse I deal with a lot of doctors and I found Dr. Frantzides not only charming but professional, genuine, and caring person for his patients.

Guardian Angel show details Guardian Angel
Jan 28th, 2011

t's been a year since Dr. Frantzides performed my surgery on January 22, 2010 and I'm feeling wonderful. I went to him when I had lost all hope of improving my quality of life. I had previously had an open hiatal hernia repair that failed and I was diagnosed as morbidly obese. I was in constant pain, choking on everything I ate, had difficulty in breathing and just walking had become an effort. Several other doctors had told me that they wouldn't accept me as their patient due to my medical history and prior surgeries. One of the doctor's at the University of Illinois told me that I would possibly die if I proceeded with this surgery.From the time my husband and I met with Dr. Frantzides in his office, he explained everything he could to give us the hope and understanding of the risks involved in the surgery. It was an extremely difficult and long surgery and I know that he was probably more worried than we were. I told my husband and family that with all the risks involved I was putting myself in God's hands and his skills and no matter what happened it was what I wanted to do. I'm sure that God was with all of us during the surgery. Dr. Frantzides managed to do the operation laparoscopically though other doctors wouldn't even attempt it open. He repaired my hiatal hernia and also did a gastric bypass. I feel that Dr. Frantzides was the guardian angel at my side as God guided his hands. I don't think there is a day that I don't appreciate the change in my life. I look forward to each day as I probably wouldn't have without his help and caring. He is an inspiration to me and I am sure to many others. Words can't express the admiration and love we have for him. I would also like to express my appreciation to his office staff who made us feel so comfortable as they treated us like family.

Quality of life show details Quality of life
Dec 15th, 2010

It has been 6 months since Dr. Frantzides saved me from having to live the rest of my life with a bag attached to my body. The prognosis I was given before I walked into Dr. Frantzides office was horrible, I had a hard time making peace with the fact that there was no other option as that was what I was being told surgeon after surgeon. Everyone told me that I would have to be open up and I would unfortunatly have to carry a bag. My case was so complex. As I was fortunate to learn no case is too complex for Dr. Frantzides. He was the last surgeon I saw and the only surgeon that offered me laparoscopic surgery and did not talk to me about the bag as he told me I wouldn't need it. I cannot put into words what impact Dr. Frantzides has had on my life and how greatful to God I am that faith has led me to him, he truly gave me a second life because he gave quality of life. Dr. Frantzides love for people and skill truly are a gift from God and I was fortunate to have received it from him.Thank you

VIP patient show details VIP patient
by Sylvia on Apr 14th, 2010

I have never had a doctors visit like the one I had with Dr. Frantzides. I came into the office and from the beginning I didn't feel like I was in a doctor's office. It was very nicely decorated and it smelled even better (not the weird smell that doctors offices tend to have). The staff is very professional and the doctor, I still can't get over him. I learned about him from my primary doctor wo told me that if I want the best I want to see him. To be honest I was expecting something very different from what I got. At no point did I feel rushed (which is how we usualy feel talking to doctors)and and the attantion that I received really made me feel like a VIP. It is a little strange to say that about a doctors visit, but that's how I felt. Obviously I was there because I have a problem, and I want to say that I have full confidance that I will be in the hands of "THE BEST". I know it from what I heard, from what I read, and the confidence that this man gives off is pretty powerful too. I got my surgery date today, and I feel good, I feel that soon I will have a new life. I will keep you posted.

Laparoscopic Surgery for Colon Cancer show details Laparoscopic Surgery for Colon Cancer
by James R. on Apr 13th, 2010

I was diagnosed with colon cancer almost six months ago. At that time I was in Florida, and I was offered only the option for open surgery because of my obeisity and previous open surgeries. I came across Dr. Moore who was trained by Dr. Frantzides and he recommended that I fly to Chicago to consult with him. To make a long story short, this man did my surgery laparoscopicly and I flew back to Florida in a week after my surgery! I find no words to express my gratitude to Dr. Frantzides and his staff.

No More Pain/No More Medication show details No More Pain/No More Medication
by AKW on Apr 13th, 2010

I was told I had a hiatal hernia/GERD 4 years ago by my GI doctor. I can not tell you how many medications I have tried. My GI doctor never told me that I had options other than medication. It was not until I met a woman at a birthday party who was talking about Dr. Frantzides and how wonderful it was to no longer take any medications for her GERD that there were other options. After hearing her story I went online and read everything I could about Dr.Frantzides. I learned that he is a pioneer in the field of hiatel hernias. I also learned that he is a laparoscopic surgeon. I made an appointment, but was worried that with my new development of ulcers I would not be a canidate for surgery. Meeting Dr. Frantzides was such a breath of fresh air. He explained the surgery to me and for the first time I had hope that I could live without pain and medication. My surgey was 6 weeks ago and my quality of life has improved in so many ways.

Gratefull show details Gratefull
by Hana on Apr 4th, 2010

Last week I was admitted to the hospital with small bowel obstruction. That being one of my many medical problems . Despite my condition I was thinking about the future, it was a big concern for me that I was facing a surgery that would leave me with a sizable scar afterward. My primary physician told me that if scars were my concern my option was laparoscopic surgery. He gave me two names, but told me that at this stage it would be very difficult for anyone to do it laparoscopically. I consulted with both doctors and sure enough only one of them was confident enough for me to feel confident. Dr. Frantzides came in late afternoon to see me in the hospital and next day at the same time I was after my operation, no longer obstructed and with only small puncures in my belly. What I learned later was that Dr. Frantzides is a pioneer in laparoscopy and I was very lucky that one of the names given to me was his.

Very pleased show details Very pleased
by Jennifer R. on Apr 3rd, 2010

This week I had my first visit with Dr. Frantzides. I think just like everyone I was very nervous about having any surgery performed on me. Dr.Frantzides put all that to rest in just one meeting. His experience is something that would be hard to match, and I knew that before I went to see him. Despite that I was still nervous. It was not until I actually met with him that I felt better. His personality, his confidence, and manner put all the gitters to rest. My impression about the doctor and his staff was that they will be attentive to me after my surgery just the same as before my surgery. I know that because while in his office I saw how the staff was treating the existing patients. It was very comforting.

SO EXCITED!!! show details SO EXCITED!!!
by KLJ on Mar 7th, 2010

OMG!! I had my consultation with Dr. Frantzides today. I am a very difficult patient due to several previous open surgeries. I have Crohn's disease and I have had 2 previous open surgeries at Evanston Hospital by 2 other surgeons and since I have been having bowel obstructions. Dr. Frantzides came highly recommended by my Gastroenterologist and my primary care doctor. I also did my own research simply by doing a google search. It is quite obvious that he is a top notch surgeon and on the cutting edge of laparoscopic surgery.

Very excited show details Very excited
Feb 19th, 2010

I had an apointment with Dr. Frantzides today to talk about weight loss surgery. I was very nervous until I met him, all of that went away. He is so easy to talk to, and his staff was very informed as well. I went to my apointment knowing very little about the surgery, but left well informed and confident about going forward. Dr. Frantzides spent so much time with me answering all of my questions I never felt rushed.

Non-Network show details Non-Network
by Still Struggling on Nov 30th, 2009

A non-network provider, although his website says he works with all insurances. Had I known the consult fee would cost me $450, I would never have scheduled an appointment. Also, I had to chase the staff down for info despite being told they would get back to me. The most unfortunate part was the fact that, during my appointment, they gave me the impression that they truly cared about my health. After the appointment, it was nothing but dollars.