Dr. Constantine Frantzides MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 29th, 2016
Amazing physician
Amazing Doctor- Gave me my life back!!

April 6th, 2016
Saved my Life!!!
I had prior two lap bands placed and both failed. As a matter of fact the last one eroded into my stomach. I consulted many surgeons who were reluctant to even operate on me the "open way". A friend of mine told me that a co-worker who had the same problem was operated by this surgeon in Chicago. I researched Dr. F and I was impressed with the testimonials he had at an obesity website. Though I had to travel to Chicago, I decided to consult with Dr. F. He spend at least two hours with me explaining all the options as well as the expected outcomes. Compared to the other Drs. I've seen before he appeared passionate, extremely knowledgeable, confident, and he didn't hesitate to offer me a laparoscopic approach to my problem. I knew that he was out of network with my insurance but that was of no concern to me. I wanted the best. I was operated 3 months ago. This was as expected difficult operation, and took several hours but Dr. F managed to do it laparoscopically. Part of my stomach had to be removed (where the band eroded into it) but still this brilliant and gifted surgeon managed to do it as promised. The nurses at St. Francis Hospital all rave about him, he is like a "rockstar"!! I stayed at the hospital for 1 day, and I was send home with some dietary restrictions. He even fixed my hiatal hernia. Now I have no reflux, and I lost 62 pounds so far. When I saw him a few days ago, I was trying to tell him how much I appreciate his work. The doctor said "if you want to thank somebody, thank the nurses and the team because without them I cannot do what I do". Anyhow, I take this opportunity to thank the doctor, the nurses, and his team but most importantly Teresa. I have to acknowledge that when I called the office I was in a desperate condition and I felt helpless. This young woman put me at ease and made the initial appointment and the follow ups so easy. She spend time after time on the phone and she checked on me almost every day the first week after my surgery. THANK YOU !!!!

January 2nd, 2016
Extraordinary!
Look no further, Dr. Frantzides is the best you will find. I had been searching for answers for months. I had been to 5 other physicians, with 5 different or wrong diagnoses. My health issues were consuming my life. I had pain and difficulty sitting, driving, and standing. I was unable to clear my bowels. Finally, a friend recommended Dr. Frantzides. I went for my first consult and he was the first doctor to order the appropriate diagnostic testing to determine the exact diagnosis and extent of my medical issues. His degree of knowledge and expertise is truly beyond compare. His level of compassion and professionalism is above and beyond. His office brings medical care to a whole new level. You will never be treated better, I guarantee. I cannot even begin to tell you how completely satisfied I am with the results of my extensive surgery. I feel like a new person. To think that he can accomplish the kinds of surgeries he does with his minimally invasive techniques, he is amazing. Dr. Frantzides' office manager, Teresa, is also exceptional. She is extremely helpful, equally compassionate and very organized and efficient. I have been working in the medical field myself, for 35 years. I have never seen such fabulous team work and care. They are truly concerned about their patients and you will feel that each and every time you walk through their door. The same is true for the actual hospital and surgical experience with them. The hospital experience was outstanding. Thank you Dr. Frantzides and Teresa! I am so grateful....You are the best!

April 23rd, 2015
I had multiple previous open surgery's and two months ago I had a bowel obstruction. I was diagnosed with a rare tumor of the small intestine. All of the doctors that I was referred to refused to operate laporoscopically or gave me small chances of accomplishing the removal of my tumor. Dr. Frantzides was recommended to me and I didn't hesitate to fly into Chicago from Cleveland for my surgery. He performed the surgery as promised. Today my tumor is gone and I have Dr. Frantzides to thank for this. He is an amazing surgeon that made me feel at ease with my life threatening health issues.

February 22nd, 2015
As kind and compassionate, as he is skilled and accomplished.
Last year my life was taken away from me. I underwent a surgery that was sloppily done by a different surgeon. For eight months post-surgery, my life consisted of chronic pain. At just 26-years-old, I felt stripped of my life. The pain was so excruciating I could no longer work or be social. I was so desperate to be rid of this paralyzing pain that I tried everything. I had been to pain centers for injections, and even been to two “top” surgeons in two different states for second and third opinions. One surgeon refused to do the corrective surgery and the other told me that the surgery was so risky, he would have to do a full-on open surgery to cut my entire torso. Even after surgery, there was still a chance my leg would never be the same, and could possibly be amputated. I had lost all hope. Both in my life, and in the competence of surgeons—that is until Dr. Frantzides. Understanding the danger of the surgery, I researched until I found the best, Dr. Frantzides. I read the reviews listed below and tears came to my eyes. Hearing other patients refer to Dr. Frantzides as their “guardian angel” made me both cry at the thought of a surgeon who gives patients their lives back. But given my past experiences with other surgeons, I was still fearful of the worst case scenario. I decided it was worth the risk. I had two options at this point. Either accept my life was gone as I knew it at 26-years-old, or find the last shreds of hope in me and put faith in this “guardian angel” of a surgeon. Dr. Frantzides saved my life. Not only did he spend five hours on me in the operating room, being as meticulous as humanly possible, and fixing my body to a perfection—he did it laparoscopically! The scars are barely visible. Still, I cannot even believe it. It confounds me that he was able to fix the mess he did, let alone as without any invasive procedures. I was told that wasn’t possible. Maybe for every other surgeon in this world, but Dr. Frantzides is a maverick miracle. In just one week I was walking, laughing, and for the first time feeling incredible, like I was me again. Perhaps, dare I say, even a better version of me. Not only is Dr. Frantzides the most skilled surgeon I could ever imagine (and I have done my research!), he is also the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. Dr. Frantzides isn’t a machine, he’s a human being. When I was in chronic pain for eight months, the surgeon who put me in that pain and knew of that pain never called to check on me once. In the first week of recovery, Dr. Frantzides called me nearly every day, sometimes several times a day to check on my progress. He walked me through what I would be feeling, explained to me why I would be feeling it, and also told me what to expect. Despite his brilliance, he broke things down for me in a language I could understand. Prior to Dr. Frantzides, what I had been through and was going through shook me emotionally. But once under Dr. Frantzides care he reminded me in the most kind, warm-hearted way that I was his patient now. He was there for me, and would be there for me any day any time, every step of the way.

January 15th, 2015
I have nothing but spectacular things to say about this highly skilled, extremely caring and compassionate physician... 8 years ago he performed a very complicated surgery on my abdomen and it went without a single complication... Last week I needed another complex surgery and once again, the surgery was beyond a success and dr F literally gave me my life back... He is available 24 hours a day.. And was patient, understanding and extremely professional..not a surprise that he is in the top 100 physicians in the country... I recommend him without hesitation.. A class act physican and human being!!!! Thank you thank you!!

December 19th, 2014
Incredibly Knowledgeable Physician.. I Would recommend him without hesitation.. Warm,friendly bedside manner

April 23rd, 2014
After meeting with Dr.Frantzides it is easy to see why he is named one of America's top doctors. Dr.Frantzides answered all of my questions and made me feel at ease with his calm bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Frantzides to anyone looking for an amazing doctor.

February 7th, 2014
He is my savior- edit
I have learned a lesson on not reviewing something when your upset over something that is not in control of the doctor. He was beyond sincere; compassionate and very knowledgable to my condition and situation. I am currently in position to raise money for the surgery I would only allow him to do :) as he is the only surgeon who shows that he cares enough to take the time and do the surgery. I have written to vitals to remove my previous post which was written out of a misunderstanding of my own regarding my out of network benefits. I would recommend Dr. F to anyone who needs someone who understands: and will take you on not only as a patient but as friend.

November 3rd, 2013
He's my savior... But he can't save me
Dr. Frantzides is the most knowledgable doctor I've ever met. He knew of my condition and was very confident in giving me the surgery I need! I felt relieved... A miracle!! Until... His assistant notified me that he is out of network with my insurance and it would be $10,000 up front for my surgery!!!! I cried!! And then as we were leaving it was $400 for his consultation fee! I feel very cheated and disappointed... I asked before making the appointment if they accepted Cigna and I was told Yes! But then I wasn't told until AFTER the appointment he was out of network!!! My husband and I drove 4 hours at $100 in gas and toll roads and then $400 to see him for a crushed dream :( we're currently trying to raise money for the surgery... But his little office assistant is a nasty little thing! Who does that to. Young couple who is just starting out in life with a new baby!!!! And avoids telling them the cost... I cried the whole way home...

November 26th, 2011
Confident
I finally went to see Dr. Frantzides after he was recommended to me by two of my physicians that don't know each other. I thought it was worth checking him out. I called the office, made an appointment, had to wait a little because he was in Europe doing surgeries. I finally met him this week, and totally love him. My kind of guy. I have no doubt whatsoever who will do my gastric bypass. He is very knowledgeable, very confident, very friendly, and when you are with him you feel as if you are the only one that matters. I have been thinking about this surgery for a long time, after the meeting with Dr. Frantzides I feel that I found the place, the doctor, and this is the time, it feels right.

August 28th, 2011
Pleasant Dr.'s appointment
It was a pleasure meeting Dr. Frantzides. I came to talk to him about a hernia that I developed that I need to take care of. I was so pleasantly surprised with the way Dr. Frantzides treats his patients. Having had open heart surgery in the past and not ever meeting the surgeon that performed it, I am sure I will not have open surgery if only I can find a doctor that can do it the minimally invasive way. It was so different and nice to be able to sit down with Dr. Frantzides and his fellow in the office and just talk about me and my situation. I did not feel rushed and I had things explained to me more than I could ever ask. Dr. Frantzides told me things I would never even think to ask about. Doctor appointments are never pleasant but this one was. I feel confident that my surgery will be done laparoscopically and I feel confident that Dr. Frantzides will take care of me.