Colorectal Surgeons, Surgical Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer), Family Practitioner

Skokie
Chicago Inst Minimally Invasive Surg
4905 Old Orchard Ctr
Ste 409
Skokie, IL 60077
847-676-2200
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.7619047619048 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7619047619048 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.6190476190476 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.6190476190476 of 4 stars
 |  show details
by Patricia on Apr 23rd, 2014

After meeting with Dr.Frantzides it is easy to see why he is named one of America's top doctors. Dr.Frantzides answered all of my questions and made me feel at ease with his calm bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Frantzides to anyone looking for an amazing doctor.

|  He is my savior- edit  |  show details
by Jessica on Feb 7th, 2014

I have learned a lesson on not reviewing something when your upset over something that is not in control of the doctor. He was beyond sincere; compassionate and very knowledgable to my condition and situation. I am currently in position to raise money for the surgery I would only allow him to do :) as he is the only surgeon who shows that he cares enough to take the time and do the surgery. I have written to vitals to remove my previous post which was written out of a misunderstanding of my own regarding my out of network benefits. I would recommend Dr. F to anyone who needs someone who understands: and will take you on not only as a patient but as friend.

|  Divericulitis cured by Laparoscopic Colectomy  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2012

Dr. Frantzides DOES what other's only CLAIM they can do, and what they claim "CAN'T be done"It was not untill recently that faith has led me to Dr.Frantzides, and I thank God for it everyday. I have been diagnosed with irritabble bowel syndrome for years. I was also diagnosed with Divericulitis, placed on antibiotics, underwent a Ct scan, was told that my sigmoid colon was inflamed, was told that I needed surgery, and worst of all was told by several surgeons that due to my previous surgeries it could not be done laparoscopically and would be done opeon. Well, Dr. Frantzides promised that he has done others and he will do mine laparoscopically, and so he did. I have only 2 punctures on my abdomen and one in my belly button. I was HOME the NEXT DAY, today I am 1 month after surgery, my bowels function has stabilized, and what was thought to be irritable bowel syndrome seems to have beed diverticulitis misdiagnosed for too many years. I will repeat, Dr. Frantzides does the impossible, I am still amazed with the minimal hopsital stay, the minimal pain, the amazingly fast recovery, and the GREAT outcome, and so is my family, and all my doctors.

|  Confident  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2011

I finally went to see Dr. Frantzides after he was recommended to me by two of my physicians that don't know each other. I thought it was worth checking him out. I called the office, made an appointment, had to wait a little because he was in Europe doing surgeries. I finally met him this week, and totally love him. My kind of guy. I have no doubt whatsoever who will do my gastric bypass. He is very knowledgeable, very confident, very friendly, and when you are with him you feel as if you are the only one that matters. I have been thinking about this surgery for a long time, after the meeting with Dr. Frantzides I feel that I found the place, the doctor, and this is the time, it feels right.

|  Pleasant Dr.'s appointment  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2011

It was a pleasure meeting Dr. Frantzides. I came to talk to him about a hernia that I developed that I need to take care of. I was so pleasantly surprised with the way Dr. Frantzides treats his patients. Having had open heart surgery in the past and not ever meeting the surgeon that performed it, I am sure I will not have open surgery if only I can find a doctor that can do it the minimally invasive way. It was so different and nice to be able to sit down with Dr. Frantzides and his fellow in the office and just talk about me and my situation. I did not feel rushed and I had things explained to me more than I could ever ask. Dr. Frantzides told me things I would never even think to ask about. Doctor appointments are never pleasant but this one was. I feel confident that my surgery will be done laparoscopically and I feel confident that Dr. Frantzides will take care of me.

|  Genuine  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

Being a nurse I deal with a lot of doctors and I found Dr. Frantzides not only charming but professional, genuine, and caring person for his patients.

|  Guardian Angel  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

t's been a year since Dr. Frantzides performed my surgery on January 22, 2010 and I'm feeling wonderful. I went to him when I had lost all hope of improving my quality of life. I had previously had an open hiatal hernia repair that failed and I was diagnosed as morbidly obese. I was in constant pain, choking on everything I ate, had difficulty in breathing and just walking had become an effort. Several other doctors had told me that they wouldn't accept me as their patient due to my medical history and prior surgeries. One of the doctor's at the University of Illinois told me that I would possibly die if I proceeded with this surgery.From the time my husband and I met with Dr. Frantzides in his office, he explained everything he could to give us the hope and understanding of the risks involved in the surgery. It was an extremely difficult and long surgery and I know that he was probably more worried than we were. I told my husband and family that with all the risks involved I was putting myself in God's hands and his skills and no matter what happened it was what I wanted to do. I'm sure that God was with all of us during the surgery. Dr. Frantzides managed to do the operation laparoscopically though other doctors wouldn't even attempt it open. He repaired my hiatal hernia and also did a gastric bypass. I feel that Dr. Frantzides was the guardian angel at my side as God guided his hands. I don't think there is a day that I don't appreciate the change in my life. I look forward to each day as I probably wouldn't have without his help and caring. He is an inspiration to me and I am sure to many others. Words can't express the admiration and love we have for him. I would also like to express my appreciation to his office staff who made us feel so comfortable as they treated us like family.

|  Quality of life  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

It has been 6 months since Dr. Frantzides saved me from having to live the rest of my life with a bag attached to my body. The prognosis I was given before I walked into Dr. Frantzides office was horrible, I had a hard time making peace with the fact that there was no other option as that was what I was being told surgeon after surgeon. Everyone told me that I would have to be open up and I would unfortunatly have to carry a bag. My case was so complex. As I was fortunate to learn no case is too complex for Dr. Frantzides. He was the last surgeon I saw and the only surgeon that offered me laparoscopic surgery and did not talk to me about the bag as he told me I wouldn't need it. I cannot put into words what impact Dr. Frantzides has had on my life and how greatful to God I am that faith has led me to him, he truly gave me a second life because he gave quality of life. Dr. Frantzides love for people and skill truly are a gift from God and I was fortunate to have received it from him.Thank you

|  VIP patient  |  show details
by Sylvia on Apr 14th, 2010

I have never had a doctors visit like the one I had with Dr. Frantzides. I came into the office and from the beginning I didn't feel like I was in a doctor's office. It was very nicely decorated and it smelled even better (not the weird smell that doctors offices tend to have). The staff is very professional and the doctor, I still can't get over him. I learned about him from my primary doctor wo told me that if I want the best I want to see him. To be honest I was expecting something very different from what I got. At no point did I feel rushed (which is how we usualy feel talking to doctors)and and the attantion that I received really made me feel like a VIP. It is a little strange to say that about a doctors visit, but that's how I felt. Obviously I was there because I have a problem, and I want to say that I have full confidance that I will be in the hands of "THE BEST". I know it from what I heard, from what I read, and the confidence that this man gives off is pretty powerful too. I got my surgery date today, and I feel good, I feel that soon I will have a new life. I will keep you posted.

|  Laparoscopic Surgery for Colon Cancer  |  show details
by James R. on Apr 13th, 2010

I was diagnosed with colon cancer almost six months ago. At that time I was in Florida, and I was offered only the option for open surgery because of my obeisity and previous open surgeries. I came across Dr. Moore who was trained by Dr. Frantzides and he recommended that I fly to Chicago to consult with him. To make a long story short, this man did my surgery laparoscopicly and I flew back to Florida in a week after my surgery! I find no words to express my gratitude to Dr. Frantzides and his staff.

|  No More Pain/No More Medication  |  show details
by AKW on Apr 13th, 2010

I was told I had a hiatal hernia/GERD 4 years ago by my GI doctor. I can not tell you how many medications I have tried. My GI doctor never told me that I had options other than medication. It was not until I met a woman at a birthday party who was talking about Dr. Frantzides and how wonderful it was to no longer take any medications for her GERD that there were other options. After hearing her story I went online and read everything I could about Dr.Frantzides. I learned that he is a pioneer in the field of hiatel hernias. I also learned that he is a laparoscopic surgeon. I made an appointment, but was worried that with my new development of ulcers I would not be a canidate for surgery. Meeting Dr. Frantzides was such a breath of fresh air. He explained the surgery to me and for the first time I had hope that I could live without pain and medication. My surgey was 6 weeks ago and my quality of life has improved in so many ways.

|  Gratefull  |  show details
by Hana on Apr 4th, 2010

Last week I was admitted to the hospital with small bowel obstruction. That being one of my many medical problems . Despite my condition I was thinking about the future, it was a big concern for me that I was facing a surgery that would leave me with a sizable scar afterward. My primary physician told me that if scars were my concern my option was laparoscopic surgery. He gave me two names, but told me that at this stage it would be very difficult for anyone to do it laparoscopically. I consulted with both doctors and sure enough only one of them was confident enough for me to feel confident. Dr. Frantzides came in late afternoon to see me in the hospital and next day at the same time I was after my operation, no longer obstructed and with only small puncures in my belly. What I learned later was that Dr. Frantzides is a pioneer in laparoscopy and I was very lucky that one of the names given to me was his.

|  Very pleased  |  show details
by Jennifer R. on Apr 3rd, 2010

This week I had my first visit with Dr. Frantzides. I think just like everyone I was very nervous about having any surgery performed on me. Dr.Frantzides put all that to rest in just one meeting. His experience is something that would be hard to match, and I knew that before I went to see him. Despite that I was still nervous. It was not until I actually met with him that I felt better. His personality, his confidence, and manner put all the gitters to rest. My impression about the doctor and his staff was that they will be attentive to me after my surgery just the same as before my surgery. I know that because while in his office I saw how the staff was treating the existing patients. It was very comforting.

|  SO EXCITED!!!  |  show details
by KLJ on Mar 7th, 2010

OMG!! I had my consultation with Dr. Frantzides today. I am a very difficult patient due to several previous open surgeries. I have Crohn's disease and I have had 2 previous open surgeries at Evanston Hospital by 2 other surgeons and since I have been having bowel obstructions. Dr. Frantzides came highly recommended by my Gastroenterologist and my primary care doctor. I also did my own research simply by doing a google search. It is quite obvious that he is a top notch surgeon and on the cutting edge of laparoscopic surgery.

|  Very excited  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2010

I had an apointment with Dr. Frantzides today to talk about weight loss surgery. I was very nervous until I met him, all of that went away. He is so easy to talk to, and his staff was very informed as well. I went to my apointment knowing very little about the surgery, but left well informed and confident about going forward. Dr. Frantzides spent so much time with me answering all of my questions I never felt rushed.

|  Non-Network  |  show details
by Still Struggling on Nov 30th, 2009

A non-network provider, although his website says he works with all insurances. Had I known the consult fee would cost me $450, I would never have scheduled an appointment. Also, I had to chase the staff down for info despite being told they would get back to me. The most unfortunate part was the fact that, during my appointment, they gave me the impression that they truly cared about my health. After the appointment, it was nothing but dollars.