Dr. Constantine Kroustos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 21st, 2016
Couldn't even get an appt VERY RUDE!
I am appalled at the lady's attitude who does scheduling. It is clear she does not like her job and has POOR listening skills at best. I'm glad I could not make an appt because after listening to her; I would not want to support this doctor's business regardless of his skills. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

March 13th, 2015
great doctor and great office staff
Dr Kroustos has helped me manage my thyroid issues for three years. I was having issues and he suggested another medication and it really helped me feel normal again. His office staff is wonderful. I have never had an issue with them. They call me 6 months in advance to make my yearly appointment. I appreciate all of the office staff and Dr Kroustos.

January 20th, 2014
Switching Doctors
I have been a patient for over a year and have seen the doctor once. It takes months to schedule an appointment and usually only can see the PA. They never follow up, never refill perscriptions untill you call 3-4 times, and spend less than 5 minutes with you at each appointment.

July 16th, 2013
I am a juvenile diabetic and had to switch physicians upon the retirement of Dr. Tallo. Dr. Krustos is pleasant and takes time to listen but I feel his assessment skills are lacking. He did not do a tuning fork test on my feet or a simple carotid artery check with a stethoscope which is standard practice with a type I diabetic. As a registered nurse I am concerned with this lack of professionalism and am sad I have to switch practices in order to change physicians.

June 5th, 2013
Terrible Experience, No Diagnosis, No Follow up
I had a horrible experience coming to this doctor. Firstly, his is supposedly licensed as an Endocrinologist but he had no idea what was wrong with me. I was experiencing symptoms of a thyroid disorder but he tried to convince me over and over again that it PCOS (my gynocologist cleared me of that within minutes). I was throughly disapointed that he did not make clear to me what tests he was going to run and I ended up with a $900 dollar lab bill and no test results or follow up to explain why! I'm a college student and don't have money to be spending re-doing tests I'd had done at an affiliated doctor and I certainly can't afford to be fleeced! I feel that their office took advantage of my youth and I never had any follow up and no attempt at a follow up appointment was made after he prescribed me a diabetes drug that made me vomit for 2 days! I spoke to many nurses and even a pharmacist none of whom had any explainations for why he would even prescribe such a drug to a non-diabetic 23 year old.

January 22nd, 2013
Dr Kroustos seems excellent, but...
I met with Dr. Kroustos for the first time with 10 yrs. of uncontrolled diabetes. Within the first visit he redid the doses on my meds and added a new one. One week later and for the first time in almost 10 years my sugars were in target! Unfortunately, a week later and I'm fighting with his staff about whose fault it was that no one returned a call to my pharmacy and why insurance papers were never filed. I'm now out of medicine and my sugars are back over 300. This is the Columbus office, I note from other reviews that I'm not the first one to have issues with this office. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Kroustos but yesterday I cancelled all my appointments and told his office I just couldn't work with them. I spent most of the day crying over the fact that I finally found a doctor who knew how to treat my diabetes and didn't blame me, but now I have to move on because his staff is so impossible.

August 10th, 2012
Dr. Kroustos
I highly recommend Dr. Kroustos. I have been thoroughly impressed at quick he is to get me results of blood work etc. Usually the same day, never more than a week. While he hasn't completed the diagnosis yet, he is on the right track and close to helping me forward with my health. I am so pleased that I was referred to him.

December 12th, 2011
Very pleases
As a medical profession myself, I have been very impressed with Dr. Droustos. He spends time educating and is very respectful while communicating. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for an endocrinologist.

November 29th, 2011
Long Distance Patient
I have to drive ~ 1 hour to see Dr Kroustos in his Delaware office. The staff at the Delaware office is great, but I don't like the staff in Columbus. They are rude, never answer the phone (I ALWAYS have to leave a message), and it's darn near impossible to make an appointment unless you call them at THEIR convenience (they don't return calls, either).

June 3rd, 2011
Great guy
Dr. Kroustos spent a lot of time with me my first visit and seemed to be very thorough. He really wanted me to understand everything he was saying. I felt like he would be a good partner in my health care.

January 21st, 2011
I really like the doctor. His approach is to educate the patient which I appreciate.The office staff at his Columbus branch however are not friendly or helpful,often talking down to the patient. Very disappointing. I have switched to the Delaware office where he is only available one day a week but the office staff treat you with respect and care.

December 13th, 2010
Unacceptable treatment
His policy is to wait two weeks to review blood work. I thought this was an oversight the first time it happened. The second time, I was informed that it was his policy. He did not document my medication changes. When I tried to discuss a problem with him, he just said he did not care what I did. Irresponsible to say the least. I will not go back there.