inactive

Corbin P Roudebush DO,MD Patient Reviews

3.6

January 24th, 2011
RIP, Dr. Roudebush! We will miss your excellence in care, exceptional advocacy, and charming bedside manner.

March 23rd, 2009
Now Deceased
I sometimes find it amazing just how many patients fail to recognize excellence in their physicians. Corbin Roudebush, now deceased, was highly regarded in Indiana, and the majority in his field regarded him as possibly the best endocrinologist in Indiana. When looking for an endocrinologist I asked several nurse practitioners who specialize in endocrinology and ALL of them gave me the same name.

January 8th, 2009
I Am Lucky That I Survived!
Years ago I was treated by this doctor for hypothyroidism. At that time he claimed to be an endocrinologist but is an internist. He allowed my blood pressure to remain hypertensive with persistent readings as high as 210/110.He did not prescribe any anti-hypertensive treatment for almost 8 months. He repeatedly tested my TSH levels but thought that he was testing my T4 level. My TSH level never changed because I have secondary hypothroidism. When I looked at my chart and pointed out that he was mistakenly not testing my T4, he sent me to the lab in his office building with the result that I was low on my T4. I had no reflex responses and was clinically hypothyroid but he did not recognize this but stated that I "could not be hypothyroid because I was slender in appearance." My hypertension was primary hypertension due to hypothyroidism. I gave a copy of a research article from "Primary Causes of Hypertension" obtained from the I.U.P.U.I. School of Medicine library. This article presented the latest results from mainstream medical studies demonstrating that about 50% of hypothyroid patients develop significant to severe hypertension and about 50% remain normotensive. He stated that I was incorrect because people "with hypothyroidism have hypotension," stated Dr. Roudebush. He demonstrated his lack of knowledge of the subject, and hypothyroidism in general. I was treated subsequently by another M.D. after leaving Dr. Roudebush's care, and within one day my blood pressure dropped to 115/70 with anti-hypertensive medication. Slowly, over several months of careful upward adjustment of my synthroid dosage, my blood pressure returned to normal levels and my reflexes improved. Many other hypothyroid clinical symptoms not described here also disappeared. These events occurred in the mid 1980's; since then my health has been excellent and my hypothroidism has been well-managed. However, my knee reflexes have never returned. My blood pressure has normalized. This doctor, who is celebrated for being an expert in thyroid dysfunction, demonstrated the poorest understanding of management of hypothyroidism of any M.D. or endocrinologist that I have seen. I do not write this comment to unfairly criticize this physician but to express how deficient and potentially dangerous his care was. At one point, I experienced a mild TIA with reduced vision in my left eye for a couple of minutes. I am very fortunate and extremely thankful that I did not suffer a CVA (stroke) while under his care due to lack of treatment. I sincerely hope that he has expanded his knowledge base and is now providing competent care to his patients. But based on my suffering while under his care and his egotistical attitude-he is the expert and as such, was not willing to alter his approach (even if it harmed the patient)- I would advise anyone who asked me to avoid Dr. Roudebush and seek care elsewhere.

June 17th, 2008
Very good doctor, just had a problem with the staff returning phone calls to set up treatment.

May 27th, 2008
Wait time is ridiculously long
Waited nearly two hours, never saw the doctor, finally had to leave to make another appointment.