Dermatologist (skin)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Outstanding service  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2014

Outstanding Service! Great location and they offer so many services. They are very genuine and I will definitely return. Dr. Hartman was very personable and took his time. They were really busy but everyone was very composed and nice, normally people rush you in and out.. Not here, love it!!

|  I will not recommend Dr. Corey Hartman ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2014

My family has been with Dr. Hartman for a couple of years. I have referred many patients to him. However, my son missed an appointment and was charged a $50 "no show fee". However, I understand that this is the policy but some incidents to which one has no control over should be excused. I don't know how but all was paid for the exception of $7.50. My son had an emergency but was told he could not get an appointment until the $7.50 was paid. I offered to pay when I come in and the receptionist got very upset about this. They will not see me or my family again and I will tell every client that I have ever sent to them about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Officer Doug Kemp  |  show details
by Officer Doug Kemp on Feb 10th, 2014

Very nice office and office staff. Loved Dr. Hartman very polite & nice and was very nice to our 8 year old daughter. Diagnosis was correct and my daughters problem 100% better. We will refer all our friends and family to his office.

|  Hate to write a bad review, but  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2014

I have just seen Dr. Harman at his new office and was just not pleased. he is back to barely spending any time with his patiens. I waited 30 minutes and he was not in with me for 3 minutes. He was speaking very fast and as I asked questions he was making his exit. I have heard other people say he is very arrogant , he is, but in previous visits it seemed it wasn't as bad and he doesn't have to be warm and fuzzy but I do need him to listen to my questions and concerns. I also have a real bad issue with him having no african american people at the front office. I am not saying he has to have a african american in his entire support staff, but you can't tell me he can't find one person that is qualified. I go to him because he is african american and I feel that he would understand my skin better and I would like to see an african american upfront not just in the back, what's up with that! I just don't know if I will go again, I really loved his estectician Ty and know she is no longer there. Also his staff is nice but the young lady that checked me out was new and not nice at all

|  Outstanding  |  show details
by JG on Aug 27th, 2013

The staff is just awesome! Dr. Hartman is a nice, caring awsome doctor who is easy to talk to, he understands and helps you with your problems and concerns, and he is very prompt and courteous. I drive 200 miles to his office. Please go see him for your dermatology needs.

|  Arrogant Dr!!!  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2013

I would not recommend Dr Hartman ever! He himself called me about a missed appt that was cancelled and actually accused me of lying about cancelling the appt! He hung up in my face after i said i dont care what you think and i dont appreciate you calling my phone. He hung up in my face. He is very unprofessional, disrespectful and rude!

|  Who's writing these stellar reviews?  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2013

I had high hopes, having been referred by someone who knows him in a social setting. I found him to be very arrogant. He acted like he didn't even want to touch me. When I asked questions, his responses were very short and curt, making me feel like an idiot for asking. I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews. Maybe he just likes certain types of people??

Jun 3rd, 2013

I had my first visit with Dr. Hartman on last week and he is the first doctor to sit down and take the time to listen to my concerns, and I had a list. Dr. Hartman was very patient and that is something that is vastly overlooked in the medical field. The fact that he listened won me over big time. Looking forward to my next appointment. Thanks Dr. Hartman!

|  You never forget how a person makes you feel  |  show details
by Mrs. Davis on May 29th, 2013

A friend's child attended school with Dr. Hartman. They highly recommended Dr. Hartman. The first visit was disappointing. Hartman performed biopsy without explaining. Hartman never allowed my daughter a chance to question or say no. My friend urged us to try again, perhaps interjecting more. This time, I went back with her. The next visit was equally disappointing for her. Hartman refused to hear most patient feedback. Much of the information that he does repeat back is inaccurate, including some of the symptoms. As my daughter had described, Hartman again refused to introduce himself, Never acknowledged my presence, as I sat close enough to touch him, in the small exam room. Finally, I introduced myself. He dismissively nodded, never pausing to look me in the eye, quipping, "I thought I had already met you". Yet, never took a moment to be courteous or professional. When I asked if he had performed another test to rule out another condition which causes similar symptoms, Hartman stated that he assumed that the biopsy would most likely have shown it. Then finally looked me in the eye and sarcastically asked, "Are you a doctor?" "No", I replied, mumbling to myself, "just a concerned parent". I've watched my child battle this for nearly a decade. Before I could ask how this procedure would help my daughter, he had already begun injecting her scalp with Kenalog. With her chronic illness & the medications she has been on, I have now discovered that he could have potentially put my daughter at risk. In fact, the beginnings of her problems started with what her specialist referred to as potential side effects from steroid therapy. It is one thing to be dismissive and rude to me. However, having little to no regard for patients is unacceptable. The amount of money paid by our insurance and the coinsurance we are responsible for is not worth the treatment we received. With all that I have going on in my life from a chronically ill child to family members battling cancer & an extremely demanding career; I am taking the time to ask patients to hold Hartman and all healthcare professionals accountable to the level of care which most patients deserve. I updated my friend who had referred us to this man. They conceded that he often "came across" as arrogant. I explained that I have many physicians in my family & as close friends who are indeed arrogant. Often brilliance & arrogance are mates. However, Hartman is not "simply arrogant". Hartman treats some of his patients in a rude, dismissive, unprofessional manner. I apologize to my daughter for not listening when she begged me to just try another physician after the 1st visit. She has already been through enough. I pray that this man learns that talent and popularity will only get you as far as your reputation can carry you.

|  Great experiences  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

I have received both Botox and Dysport and I have been so pleased with the results. Dr. Hartman is very professional, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. The staff is professional and courteous. Every time I call or come in the office I am greeted with a sincere and friendly hello. I wish every doctors office was like Dr. Hartmans. I have never been unhappy with any services I received. Also, I am so thankful for the time Dr. Hartman spends with me every time I visit. I know he is a busy man, but when its my appointment time he treats me like I am the only one in the office.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Aug 13th, 2011

Great experience. My problem cleared right up as he stated. The office staff was professional and helpful.

|  wonderful ..  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

Dr. Hartman has it all. Knowledge, bedside maner, personality, and a very plesant staff. He is amazing with a needle, he has that special knack that is a special blessing. My only complaint is that I can not use him for my "EVERYTHING" doctor.

|  Great dermatologist  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

Whenever I see Dr. Hartman, I always leave the office with all of my questions answered and concerns addressed. Great bedside manner!

Mar 4th, 2011

My PCP referred me to Dr. Hartman after I expressed dissatisfaction with another dermatologist. Best referral ever. Always prompt, always caring. Everyone I've referred says the same.

|  Juvederm looks natural  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. Hartman did my Juvederm injections and this is the most natural that it has ever looked. Everyone keeps telling me how refreshed I look, but can't figure out what it is. I love it!

|  Caring and concerned  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Hartman for an embarassing skin condition that I've dealt with for many years after seeing several dermatologists in Birmingham that were unable to help me. He took the time to listen to my concerns and explained the treatment and disease in words that I could understand. My skin is now better than it's been in years. Everyone should be so lucky to have a compassionate physician like Dr. Hartman.

|  Dr. Hartman is an insensitive doctor!  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

I would never recommend Dr. Hartman to anyone. He engages in business practices that call into question his integrity. He also fails to spend any amount of time with the patient and refuses to review his own records before treating you at followup appointments.

Sep 3rd, 2010

Wonderful physician! No complaints!

by Melissa R. Williams on Aug 3rd, 2010

Dr. Hartman was very good at diagnosing my sons sever acne problem. He tried to clear it up with a medicine that he realized was not working and immediately changed him to something that has done wonders for his skin. My son and I both are pleased.

Jan 7th, 2010

Keep up the good work. Love the new office.

|  Exceeded expectations  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2009

Great visits each time. I love the fact that they offer early morning appointments (e.g., 6:30am)!

Apr 15th, 2008

Dr. Hartman was warm and receptive to all my concerns. I sent my sister and co-workers and they all had similar experiences.