Dr. Corinne Tuckey-Larus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 11th, 2016
Disrespectful and Rude!
This woman was so unprofessional. She argued with me anytime I asked her a question, she moved my due date up almost two weeks without telling me, causing me to induce my son too early and giving him problems, then to top it off, she checked my cervix after she was aggravated with me and purposely used no lubrication on her gloved fingers and shoved it in me very forcefully. I bled for days after she was unusually aggressive with that exam. I was only 16. I don't know how many other poor women/girls she has done this to and I can only hope I'm the only one. It still affects me 3 years later. I would not recommend this woman to anybody.

July 28th, 2016
great with me and my teenage daughter!

November 19th, 2015
Started off good
I was going to Dr. Turkey for a few years now, but as the years have gone I she hasn't been the same. She has somewhat of an attitude when you ask questions, she's in and out very quickly. There have been several times I have had to wait because she has an emergency and needs to go to the hospital next door. I have waited over an hour for her to come back, explaining why I was so late to work didn't go well on those days. She has a very high disfavor about affordable health care and will tell you how she feels about it. There are people out there that have this because their job does not provide them with health care. What else does she expect a person to do. My patients with her has gone far enough from the comments, attitude, waiting ect. It seems as tho she is not humble anymore and I pay to be seen and not rushed. I have also had surgery done twice by her on the same problem which was supposed to have been corrected the first time.

November 19th, 2015
Unbelievable
Tuckey-Larus has been practing for many years. Sometimes people get about themselves when they are successful in their profession. My annual was approximately 7 min. after an hour wait. She has so many patients that she is in and out. No compassion about my feelings or what's going on with me and very sarcastic. Her professionalism is very poor. I'll never go to her again.

October 1st, 2015
Excellent Doctor!! Have been going to her for years and she has always been thorough in her exams and always shown compassion over my health. She has always followed up with me when needed and has an excellent bed side manner. If you want a good female doctor she is one of the best!

September 14th, 2015
Dr. Tuckey Larus brings passion and a caring attitude to her patients.

February 26th, 2015
Assembly-line "care"
Assembly-line philosophy of care. Will tell you to go the ER if you're having a medication side effect, but won't speak to you directly for even one minute (or her nurse), since she's too busy seeing other patents for your chest pains, and for you to ask her a question. Viriginia Physicians for Women, where she is a doctor, has taken on so many patients, it's like a healthcare drive-thru. If that's the kind of "care" you're looking for, then by all means, go there. If you end up having a problem that doesn't fit all the medical books and tests, you will not get the care and kindness you are seeking that may cause you a lot of pain or worse. Follow-up care doesn't exist, even if she tells you to go to the ER.

September 22nd, 2010
Stay away!
She withheld my osteoporosis medication because I hadn't been in for my yearly. She said my health is her responsibility. Funny, I thought it was mine! She refused to talk to my insurance company when they balked at paying for a test SHE said I needed. I AM concerned about my health, and I do try to take care of myself. In fact, I paid out of pocket for that very expensive test. Because of that, I couldn't afford my yearly and put it off. When I mentioned to her that I was upset that she had withheld my meds, she said she hadn't, that she had merely given me a reminder by not refilling it. Huh? Double talk, and she was extremely patronizing, arrogant, and unprofessional about it, blowing up at me as I sat there naked and she stood there sticking her face right into mine! When I asked a nurse friend for the name of someone better, she shrieked when I told her I was going to Tuchey-Larus and said she has the worst reputation of all among the nurses. There are others in this practice who are good, caring doctors. Stay far, far away!

March 17th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor-fast and thorough!