Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

My Insurance was Milk Dry to The Bone show details My Insurance was Milk Dry to The Bone
by Mz Mary on Jun 18th, 2015

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes April 2014. I came to see Dr. Alder. she schedule me a fasting glucose test. This meant I had to come in the next morning. Taking a personal 1/2.. Then that turned in to Oh~ is a little high.. try fasting again tonight. Which meant another personal day off from work. We did 3 fasting test that week. Me not realizing my insurance wasn't going to cover that!! I came to see her at least 7 times that month in April. The lab tech finally pulled me to the side and advised me..one on one, That I did-not need to came that many times. I had a glucose meter and all I had to do was to keep a journal of my results and report to her in maybe 6 months. I used up most of my personal time and half my vacation because I was ignorant of the fact... And I don't think she is keeping up with the times. I have a IUD birth control device I asked her can she examine me to make sure its in place. She told me she had to set me up with an Ultrasound Really!!! My current document gave me an examine inserted 2 fingers and said.. Yep its in place!!!! Dr. Adler is very money hungry... She has a good friendly disposition so you would can get fooled by what she is really after... your co pay and to bill your insurance. I had to pay $20 at every visit... Even whens she was the one that set up all those follow ups.. one month alone I had $120 in co pays!!! ( I'm Shaking my head really hard SSSSMMMHHHH)... :-( ** I'm giving "Follows Up After Visits ( 5 Stars) because she makes you follow up so she can charge you!!! hahahaha

My worst experience with a physician EVER...a decade later, I finally had a chance to note it! show details My worst experience with a physician EVER...a decade later, I finally had a chance to note it!
Feb 23rd, 2015

I had a terrible experience with this physician a decade ago...so much so, that I looked her up to give her this rating...need I say more?

Dr Adler. show details Dr Adler.
by Unhappy Patient. on Jan 8th, 2014

I have been seeing this Dr for a few years now. I think she is more money hungry and more concerned with charging your insurance than taking care of you. When my medication Refill is due I have to come and see her for no reason. The reason she wants to see me every time for a prescription refill is to charge my insurance and take my co-pay. Not to mention the 2 to 3hr wait time. Who has time for this. Stay away from her. Just switched to a new Doctor. Again stay away. I can't believe I waited so long to make the switch. Stay away, stay away, stay away. If I could give her a negative 10 stars that would be the best rating.

Stay away Many un needed blood tests and X-Rays show details Stay away Many un needed blood tests and X-Rays
Jan 15th, 2013

Dr Adler ordered many tests and X-rays which got me worried. Later on I found out that she does this all the time to make referral money from labs and X-ray companies. Stay a way from this doctor

disappointed show details disappointed
Mar 8th, 2012

I did not look at others reviews on this webpage, but I was amazed to see that Doctor Adler had a reasonable rating on the other website. I was late to my first appointment, and she pushed the appointment to the very back of all the appointments for that day. I waited almost two hours. When I saw her, she explained that wait time can be long because she spends time to analyze and discuss her patients' problems and answer questions. I was looking forward to experiencing that type of care but never received it. Once I took work off for an appointment. I had a horrible pain in my throat but I began my appointment by asking for advice with my ongoing knee problem. When I asked for a throat swab, the main reason for my appointment, she told me I would have to schedule another visit. After persisting that I need one, she gave it to me. I have had several visits where she either attempted to wrap up the visit far before I had received any decent advice about an issue, or where she told me that I needed to come back for my second issue. Honestly most times I just needed to ask maybe 5 or 6 questions to feel comfortable. She is not a caring doctor.

Feb 16th, 2012

Doctor was very attentive, i was a new patient with a lot of problems. She took a lot of time with me and I did not feel rushed The staff was very friendly and courteous, really nice folks.

fraud show details fraud
Nov 14th, 2011

This doctor will charge your insurance company for asking for a referral, saying that she diagnosed you. She did not diagnose me cause I was seeing a specialist already and she knew it. Now I have bills coming in saying I owe for it. Please don't see her unless you want to be ripped off.

patient show details patient
Mar 28th, 2011

I waited 3 hours for the doctor to come in the room. I told her I am not lossing weight with extreme diet and excess exercise alone, and I asked her does she know what else I do? She replied,"Well I don't prescribe drugs to help to loss weight if that is what you mean? I said I didn't ask you for drugs I asked you if there is something else I can do?

Wait time is too long show details Wait time is too long
Mar 13th, 2009

I am satisfied with Dr. Adler in all aspects except for one - the wait time. On average I wait at least 45 minutes in the waiting room, and then another 30 in the room to wait for the doctor. There have been times when the wait was over two hours total. I do not believe she cares about punctuality, or perhaps schedules too many patients every day. Either way, this has become enough of a problem for me that I am going to switch PCPs, and it kind of makes me sad because otherwise I like the office.