Dr. Corrine Welt MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2013
Worst physician I've EVER seen!
Dr. Welt, without question - belongs in a research lab and not interacting with/or treating patients. My experience as a new patient of Dr. Welt, literally was one that left me in tears. I felt she had no time or tolerance for questions or explanations. She was cold, condescending, uncaring, rude - and as another patient mentioned here - when I had to call her for test results, she was actually nasty. Dr. Welt is very thin, I am overweight but not obese. Her attitude toward my weight was exceptionally judgemental and incredibly upsetting. Because I was overweight - and without any labs tests or results to base her opinion on - she said that my endocrine issue was within my control and I was wasting her time. I honestly felt that she had disgust for my not being thin - and thereby, not worthy of her time. I've seen many physicians in my life. This experience, without question - was the worst I've ever experienced. I don't care how "brilliant" she may be portrayed - she is not someone I would EVER even remotely recommend to anyone. Her alleged "talent" as a researcher and/or physician is lost because her attitude and demeanor with patients is so atrocious - it overshadows any help she may be able to offer. That is, if she feels like helping - and you are deserving of her time. The WORST, hands down.

July 3rd, 2012
Great physician
I have had nothing but positive interactions with Dr. Welt. She has been accommodating when I've arrived late, patient, and willing to listen to questions I have - and take my concerns seriously. She is extremely smart, professional and caring. I rate her as among the best doctors I've had.

December 16th, 2011
Do NOT use this woman!
I had a horrible experience with this doctor. My mother has been at MGH for many, many surgeries. She's encountered the Chiefs of Oncology, Brain Surgery, Thorasics, and more. NEVER was she treated as rudely as I was. I went in a first time and spent over 30 minutes going over every detail of my life with one of her interns...who never looked at me, only the computer screen. They did one test and it was inconclusive. I should also mention that I had to call them to find out the results. I made a second appointment to see what other options I had. Considering MGH is a teaming hospital, I assumed my case had been discussed amongst the team. It was very apparent that this was not so. At the start of my next appointment, her intern attempted to ask me the exact same questions she had asked two months prior, then wanted to take my height and weight. I declined and asked if she could just go get the doctor. "Dr." Welt come in and said "well, to be honest, I'm not sure why you're back here...there's nothing we can do for you". I asked if she could recommend another doctor. She said no. I asked if she knew anyone else who had this issue and if she might contact them and ask if they could call me. I said this issue is somthing that's starting to take a mental toll on me. She simply looked at me. My mother was in the appointment with me and asked if there was some sort of support group for people with my symptoms and she said "oh yeah, there's a website". At this point, I was crying and we left. People go to MGH for the best care. Part of giving someone the best care is understanding the emotional as well as phyical effects that a problem has on a person. This woman was heartless and emotionless at best.

February 4th, 2011
Cold, uncaring and arrogant
Not a doctor I would recommend.

September 4th, 2010
Very kind and knowlegdeable Doctor
I highly recommend Dr. Welt. She has fit me in and followed up personally via telephone with test results. It is worth the trip to Boston.

March 1st, 2016