Dr. Cortney White Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cortney White?

November 21st, 2015

She is a very very caring person, great. Listener and takes time to explain things to you! Wonderful person!

October 26th, 2013

Kind and Thoughtful

Dr. White removed a spot from my cheek after one of my pregnancies. She thought it was a good idea to look over the rest of my body to make sure there were not any other "interesting" spots. She found one that looked a little unusual so she removed that on my back. To me, it looked normal, so it was nice that she was proactive in removing this spot. She was very kind and professional and I will definitely keep her as my dermatologist.

October 14th, 2013

Trying to get an appointment

Was referred to this doctor and told she is not accepting new patients in spite of the fact that website says she is. Very frustrating.

September 6th, 2013

Very Professional and Thorough

I've been seeing dermatologists for skin cancer since 2004 and have been a patient at Dermatology Consultants for over 3 years. I started out with Dr. Kauls who I would rate as one of the best dermatologists I've had. When she left I decided to try Dr. White. I have been very happy with her and would say that she is as good as any dermatologist I've seen. She is very professional, does a very good job spotting cancers and potential cancers, and always provides me with very detailed procedures to follow. When you have had over 30 cancers removed as I have, you tend to be very selective in your dermatologist. I'm happy to say that I will be staying with Dr. White!

August 7th, 2013

I have seen Dr.White for acne and she cleared my skin up and gave me helpful suggestions to be able to tolerate the medications. I am so grateful for her care. She is a great Dermatologist.

August 1st, 2013

Disappointed and never going back

I went to see Dr. White about keloids. This was the first time I had ever gone in to see a dermatologist and had no idea what to expect. Dr. White answered a few questions that I had and then proceeded to treat my keloids, however, saw a mole on my back that looked "suspicious". She recommended that I have it remove which I agreed to. She removed the mole, put a band-aid over it and told me to come back in a few weeks. When I came back, I asked Dr. White to check the site where she had removed the mole from because it felt like the wound was now turning into another keloid (which was the last thing I wanted!). She confirmed that it was now forming into a keloid and "felt bad" [ for causing another keloid to form]. She told me that we could do another surgery to remove the newly formed keloid and with proper care (applying vaseline to the surgerical site), that prevent the keloid from coming back. Why didn't she give me the proper care instructions after she removed the mole? I agreed to come back a week later to get the surgery but then realized after the appointment that I hadn't asked about how much it would cost. I called and asked to speak with Dr. White but she didn't come to the phone. I ended up just asking the receptionist and she told me it was going to cost me $1200!!! This experience left such a bad taste in my mouth, I cancelled my appointment on the spot and will never see Dr. White again. Two things which would've made me feel better; as an expert, Dr. White should've 1) brought up the point that since I'm prone to keloids, removing the mole might prompt a new keloid to form. This would've made me think twice about getting the mole removed 2) given me care instructions for the incision after she removed the mole--maybe that would've helped the wound to heal properly. Lastly, if you truly felt bad about something that you did, charging me $1200 is not the best way to convey how you feel.

June 21st, 2012

didn't know, didn't care

My doctor referred me to a dermatologist after being unsure of a recurring rash that coincides with joint pain. Dr. White said she didn't know what it was, let's just try some cream. I can't believe I wasted my time and money on that. You expect a specialist to know what they're looking at, and if they don't know, to go the extra mile in figuring it out to arm you with information so you can make good choices about your health. Not impressed. Will not see her again.

May 10th, 2015