inactive

Costas Hadjipanayis MD,PHD Patient Reviews

September 10th, 2015
He removed a meningioma
The best neurosurgeon there is.

April 26th, 2012
Best of luck
I hope others a much, much better outcome. Please be sure to reiterate to all to properly wash up before the surgery.

April 7th, 2012
Great surgeon
My mother had a fusion done by Costas Hadjipanayis. The day of the 1st surgery he cancelled it as she was feeling ill and he didn't want to risk it as she wouldn't survive it in his opinion. At first I didn't understand the issue. He took the time to explain it to me in depth. She was rescheduled rather quickly. The surgery was a great success. I would have no reservations in recommending him. Whoever gave to bad review I find hard to believe them. Everyone has a bad day, but that just doesn't reflect what I saw in this man. He came by several times and if he couldn't come in, he had a team that came in place of him. There were some pain medication issues post surgery. Too much at one time for her. We spoke with him and suggested the hospital change the dosing so that the different medications were spread out over several hours instead of at the same time. This helped greatly. I had a similar surgery several years ago done by a group in FL. It has failed and causing horrible pain. I am going to be contacting Dr. Hadji to check on my situation after Easter.

March 22nd, 2011
Removal of tumor in the pituary gland
My father was having seizures. He was diagnosed with a tumor in the pituary gland by Dr. Hadjipanysis. The problem was diagnosed promptly, surgery schedule within a week. His nurse Ellen was the best. Dr. Hadjipanaysis's bedside manor although all business was caring and compassionate. The surgery was done successfully. Thank You Dr. Hadjipanaysis.

August 16th, 2009
Awful
Dr. Hadjipanayis was assigned to my mother when she was brought in to Emory Midtown hospital with a fractured C2. She came in on a Sunday night and was there until Friday night. During that time he only went to her room once. He didn't even speak with her. My father and I both called him many times to discuss her treatment and not 1 time did this man ever call one of us back. She was there 6 days and not one returned call. She didn't have any idea what was going on. We never found out what she was suppose to do for her care when she left the hospital, what the prognosis was etc.. We took her to another Neurologist over at Northside and finally found out what is going on and what she needs to be doing. I have never dealt with a Doctor like this and hope to never again. I would never let another of my loved ones go to this doctor.

May 8th, 2009
Neurosurgical master!
"Dr. H" treated my wife for a Grade II atypical meningimoa primary brain tumor in a very nasty location. He used state of the art microsurgical and computer aided techniques to remove this tumor. The results were a success and my Wife is doing very well! Thank you!