Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 2nd, 2015

Great family doctor!

Son of patient show details Son of patient
by Jeff on Feb 2nd, 2015

Doctor seems nice and is patient. Office staff is another story. They do not return phone calls. Even if it is an urgent call. I do not even think anyone answers the phone. One day left 5 voice mails that father is in hospital and no return call. If I let my employees run like this I would not have a business. It was interesting that others have had similar issues with the office not answering the phone or returning calls. Ultimately the doctor is responsible for their staff and should be held responsible.

Better doctors elsewhere show details Better doctors elsewhere
Dec 13th, 2014

This is one of those doctors that believe that quantity is better than quality.

Too much front desk drama! show details Too much front desk drama!
Oct 27th, 2014

When you are put on hold 4 times for over 47 minutes, NOT GOOD!

Mediocre Care show details Mediocre Care
by Dissatisfied Patient on May 24th, 2013

Dr. Barton is a nice and pleasant person. That is not what I am looking for in a doctor. I want someone to actively take care of me and not just throw prescription drugs at me (a pill for your ill). I will ask her questions and she will respond with a vague and generic answer. Regardless of how I tell her I feel she has already made her decision on what care route she will take. I have had abnormal lab results because I was deficient in a particular vitamin which explains some but not all my symptoms. She didn't seem the least bit concerned and I already take a vitamin supplement and eat a healthy diet so I shouldn't be deficient. She didn't even discuss the results she just sent a prescription to the pharmacy to attempt to correct the deficiency. She does not listen to my concerns nor does she explore why I am ill or feel tired all of the time. If you have a complicated issue don't expect her to help you resolve the situation. She will just prescribe you medication to suppress your symptoms and not truly improve your health. We are in charge of our own health so if you are a dissatisfied patient like me continue your search in finding a physician that will have a health partnership with you and not just negate mediocre care like doctors that are like Dr. Barton.

Nov 27th, 2012

Dr Barton is Great. The front office staff on the other hand is not. They do not even acknowledge your there. "sign in" is all they say. Not how is your day, have a seat we will be right there. Nothing. I mean can i get a smile, something.

Aug 11th, 2012

This was a very friendly office, her nurse practitioner was excellent

Jul 14th, 2012

Very nice. Not sure how long she's been a doctor but her diagnostic skills and critical thinking seem as if they need development.

Sep 18th, 2011

Dr. Barton is wonderful, but the office staff and her Nurse Practitioner are not.

Jan 6th, 2011

I've seen Dr. Barton for a little over 5 years. She spends the time with you to make sure every part of you is ok. She is kind and understanding. She has always found answers for all my ailments. I highly recommend Dr Barton.

Jul 30th, 2010

always shows concern for patient, and family members. spends the time necessaryto listen and communicate.really enjoy her bed side manner and friendliness. very through when doingexams to be able to diagnois your problem.

Less than a pleasant office visit show details Less than a pleasant office visit
Aug 6th, 2009

I am new to Denton and in the process of looking for a family doctor. I searched my medical insurance book, called Dr. Barton's office to confirm that they accepted Humana and made an appointment. Upon arriving filled out the new patient forms, paid my deductible and waited. After I was called back to an exam room, I waited more time. Finally Dr. Barton arrived and stated that I did not qualify as a new patient because I was past 65 years (I am 66). I feel like this is age discrimination. I have insurance that is better than most policies. I ran out of the office crying and feeling humiliated. I do not recommend this office.