Dr. Courtney Barton MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2015
Rude staff...Inatentive doctor bad combination
I am new to the area and need a new primary care physician...I asked my co-workers who they would recommend, this doctor's name came up. Since I prefer a female PCP I decided to call and try them out at least once...what a mistake.

May 27th, 2015
The front office staff and office manager Jennifer is the worse! LAZY! Will not return a phone call.

April 2nd, 2015
Great family doctor!

February 2nd, 2015
Son of patient
Doctor seems nice and is patient. Office staff is another story. They do not return phone calls. Even if it is an urgent call. I do not even think anyone answers the phone. One day left 5 voice mails that father is in hospital and no return call. If I let my employees run like this I would not have a business. It was interesting that others have had similar issues with the office not answering the phone or returning calls. Ultimately the doctor is responsible for their staff and should be held responsible.

December 13th, 2014
Better doctors elsewhere
This is one of those doctors that believe that quantity is better than quality.

October 27th, 2014
Too much front desk drama!
When you are put on hold 4 times for over 47 minutes, NOT GOOD!

May 24th, 2013
Mediocre Care
Dr. Barton is a nice and pleasant person. That is not what I am looking for in a doctor. I want someone to actively take care of me and not just throw prescription drugs at me (a pill for your ill). I will ask her questions and she will respond with a vague and generic answer. Regardless of how I tell her I feel she has already made her decision on what care route she will take. I have had abnormal lab results because I was deficient in a particular vitamin which explains some but not all my symptoms. She didn't seem the least bit concerned and I already take a vitamin supplement and eat a healthy diet so I shouldn't be deficient. She didn't even discuss the results she just sent a prescription to the pharmacy to attempt to correct the deficiency. She does not listen to my concerns nor does she explore why I am ill or feel tired all of the time. If you have a complicated issue don't expect her to help you resolve the situation. She will just prescribe you medication to suppress your symptoms and not truly improve your health. We are in charge of our own health so if you are a dissatisfied patient like me continue your search in finding a physician that will have a health partnership with you and not just negate mediocre care like doctors that are like Dr. Barton.

November 27th, 2012
Dr Barton is Great. The front office staff on the other hand is not. They do not even acknowledge your there. "sign in" is all they say. Not how is your day, have a seat we will be right there. Nothing. I mean can i get a smile, something.

August 11th, 2012
This was a very friendly office, her nurse practitioner was excellent

July 14th, 2012
Very nice. Not sure how long she's been a doctor but her diagnostic skills and critical thinking seem as if they need development.

September 19th, 2011
Dr. Barton is wonderful, but the office staff and her Nurse Practitioner are not.

January 6th, 2011
I've seen Dr. Barton for a little over 5 years. She spends the time with you to make sure every part of you is ok. She is kind and understanding. She has always found answers for all my ailments. I highly recommend Dr Barton.