Dr. Willis Courtney Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 26th, 2016
Life Saver!
I researched Dr. Courtney thoroughly before I decided to go to him. I was impressed with his education, referrals, academic writing and reviews. Through my research I found that he was also an consultant to other medical professionals. I have a rare AVM in the left temporal lobe of my brain and I have not had a seizure in the six years I have had him as my doctor. Staff has always been professional and given me excellent customer service.

August 22nd, 2016
Dr. Courtney is a very thorough physician, who hits all the marks necessary for a neurologist for me. He listens, and if you don't say anything, there's nothing to listen to. He has never cut me off or short; and he picked up on my desperation my first visit to him a couple years ago. He was stepping through the referral information and the second I told him, that "what I was referred for was not my problem" and it was the reason I had to get away from the least skilled primary care physician I've dealt with in years; he immediately stopped and started listening and questioning me to find out the source of my problems. He alone, got me back up on my feet and functional after almost 3 months of immobility dealing with the wrong doctors.

February 1st, 2016
Good Dr to deal with.

June 22nd, 2015
Still having headache. medication given just makes me dizzy and unable to work.

June 1st, 2015
Patient
I've been using Dr. Courtney for about 5 yrs and when I can to him I was so zoned out on my epilepsy medicine. He started running test day 1 and continue until he got my seizures under control. He'said very through and make sure I have my blood work did on every check-up. He stays in very close contact with my other doctors, now the staff has always been nice and courtesy to me. Acknowledge me when I walk in by name. I had one instance I call there one day and I pretty much know the main ones and I asked for a certain one cause I was having some papers faxed there and I needed them back to me asap. So a different lady answered the phone and said she was Wilma could she take a message I said no I'll call back now she was rude to me. But normally they are nice and courtesy and I think if you address any problems to Dr. Courtney or Mrs. Courtney they will handle it. They are not ghetto people

March 9th, 2015
I have seen him in months his schedule is to full

January 5th, 2015
Staff is very rude. She said her name was Wilma but it it took 3'× before she gave me her name if it was really get name. The tone that that speak is unacceptable. " GHETTO" is how they come off. They don't know how to answer a phone for business. You will think you had the wrong number. State the business name when you pick up. At least your not getting my money.

August 24th, 2014
Liked Dr. Courtney.
I liked Dr. Courtney and how he listed to me and my problems I was having. Even did some test. Did not have any problems with him. I did with his office staff. Very rude. Was asking some question because I didn't know what I should do. I had one office member or nurse not sure which she was yell at me and get very rude. I finally hung up the phone. Called back asked to speak with someone else. I will not be treated that way.

December 6th, 2013
Very Good Physician!

July 16th, 2013
GREAT Neurologist.
My husband and I relocated to Arkansas because of the military and I was in need of a new neurologist ( I have severe epilepsy). My primary care provider sent out an urgent message out to local doctors and Dr. Courtney asked to see me immediately, and scheduled me for an emergency appointment. He did a full evaluation and a whole new variety of tests to update my medical file. Spent a great amount of time with my husband and I, really spending the time to get to know me as a patient and an epileptic. Honestly, that is the most comfortable I've ever been with a neurologist! He did more with me in the first appointment than my prior Doctor did with me in 3 1/2 years of treatment.

July 10th, 2013
Not Real Sure
The Office Staff was Wonderful. As Far as Dr. Courtney, he seemed Friendly but didn't make alot of eye contact and alway's seemed like his mind was somewhere else. So I wasn't totally convinced that he was listening to me and all my issues. Your Sitting there Waiting for the usual Physician Jargon about what they think is going on. But instead you hear him mumble "we gone try this medication, get some labs and see me back in a month." All I could think as I'm getting up to exit the exam room was "So That's what my $50 Co-Pay went Toward's."

July 8th, 2013
Dr. Courtney is very thorough. He orders an EEG and blood work every visit. He monitors my medication closely.