Dr. Coy Flowers Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Coy Flowers?

USE AT OWN RISK!

Posted on March 25th, 2016

Came in experiencing early labor. He told me I wasn't, and to go home. My son was born prematurely the next day and died. He belongs in jail.

Lasting trauma. Physical and emotional.

Posted on December 18th, 2015

I became pregnant at the age of 17 in 2010. I had never seen an OBGYN previous to this. I didn't want a stranger looking at, much less feeling and examining my private parts. The first appointment is what I would call a bait and switch. He was calm and helped me calm down from my hysterics. From that point on, Flowers was very quick, short, to the point, everything in line, done the "right" way (aka HIS way.) He told me what was going to happen instead of asking permission. For example, "I'm going to check you (your cervix) now." I didn't even know I had a choice. I didn't know I could tell him I didn't want to be checked, and even then he stretched me without my consent which was very painful. He never discussed risks with me. He was very closed-minded when I asked to use an alternative method for the gestational diabetes test. "No. This is how we do it." Being young and a first time mom, I was anxious to meet my baby. I asked for an induction. I wanted no other doctors to deliver my baby because one of the others in the office threatened to call the cops during my hysterics at my first appointment (I wasn't doing ANYTHING WRONG except making a scene with my crying). We didn't discuss any of the risks. We got an ultrasound to estimate baby's weight. Spot on. They said my waters were low, but I think they were looking at my tea in hand, not the ultrasound. (I had plenty of amniotic fluid and drank water 99% of the time.) Fast forward to the delivery room. Scheduled induction at 39w, here we come! I got there, handed my birth plan to the nurse, she scanned it and put it away. I got hooked up. At first the IV was in my hand, but it was extremely painful, so the nurse put it in my arm. Thank goodness. The day progresses and so does labor. Contractions were less than a minute apart. I couldn't speak a full sentence without having at least 2 contractions. Due to the threat of the anesthesiologist not being available or being too dilated to get an epidural later, I went ahead and got one. After that, I slept for a few hours. Shortly after I woke up is when I began pushing. I couldn't feel anything. My mom and boyfriend held my legs. My grandmother was with me as well. I had a student doctor with me for the pushing, but when baby was ready to come out, they told me to wait until the doctor came. When he got there, he began yelling at the nurses because they paged him instead of calling him or something. It was too petty to be yelling especially since I wasn't yelling. While he was strapping the gloves on he told me to wait. Once he sat down and was ready, he told me to push. At that point, he literally ripped my baby out and away from me. Everything was fine until he entered the room. He ripped me from front to back when he did that. He claimed, "Round hole. Square peg." Absolutely NO empathy while stitching me up. It became a traumatic experience from the point he entered the room yelling. Due to that, I had planned, what I had hoped to be, a healing homebirth. Due to his negligence of ripping my baby from me during my first birth, I ripped again with my second child even after the stretching and perineal massages because there was simply too much scar tissue from the first birth. It was so traumatic I developed vaginismus for a solid 6 months. He has ruined my vagina. I will give credit where it's due. The one good thing I can say is that even with his horrible bed side manner... He CAN save a life. He took the cancer away from my grandmother via surgery, and for that, I am thankful, but she said he was very un-empathetic with her as well. :(

Posted on December 3rd, 2015

Dr. Flowers is amazing. He has a great bedside manner and thorough with his exams. He delivered my 3rd baby boy and couldn't have been happier with each visit all the way to delivery. Gentle, kind, and caring.

Posted on September 23rd, 2013

My daughter was born with SEVERAL birth defects that he should have picked up on but DID NOT. My daughter sadly passed away at 3 weeks old. I delivered at Greenbrier Physicians and she had to be transported to WVU. The drs who treated my daughter at WVU said that her defects would have been picked up on my ultrasounds.But either he didn't take the time to review my ultrasounds or he doesn't know what he's doing. I would not recommend Dr. Flowers. I barley even saw him, his nurses and associates came in and did everything. He would take 2 minutes to tell me I was fine and so was my daughter. SHE WAS NOT FINE.

Posted on August 27th, 2011

Too hurried. Can be rude. Talks down to patient if they seem to be proactive with their own care. Wants to be right.

Dr Flowers is an outstanding Doctor~Very HIgh Tech!!

Posted on September 11th, 2010

I adore Dr. Flowers.

Posted on June 22nd, 2010

I am 21 weeks pregnant with my second child and couldn't be happier with Dr. Flowers. He provides excellent care and is always available. He never seems rushed or put-out even by emergency (unscheduled) visits. He takes questions seriously and give honest answers. I believe Dr. Flowers respects a woman's intuition about her body and pregnancy as well. Over all, a wonderful physician.

Posted on May 8th, 2009

Dr.Flowers was the best doctor i have ever been to!

Posted on August 24th, 2017