A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Craig Alter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Craig Alter, Pediatrician, Endocrinologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Craig Alter, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Growth Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Alter graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Alter has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Craig A. Alter practice?
Dr. Craig Alter practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Exton, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Chalfont, PA and King Of Prussia, PA.
See Exton Pediatricians, Exton Pediatric Specialists, and Exton Endocrinologists.