A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Craig Alter, Pediatrician, Endocrinologist is Excellent. Dr. Alter has been reviewed by 6 patients who have provided 3 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Craig Alter, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
He has special expertise in 8 Areas, including Adrenal Gland Diseases, Diabetes, and Disorders of Puberty.5 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Alter graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Alter has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Childrens Hosp Philadelphia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Craig Alter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile