Dr. Craig Alter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Craig Alter?

Awful

Posted on April 5th, 2017

This doctor completely ignored my sons medical history and focused solely on a secluded six month period of time. Didn't look at records, didn't look at growth curve. Refused to answer questions. Seemed like he had us "figured out" from the second we walked in. He admitted that my child was genetically disproportionate but said oh he's just short. I would never in a million years see this doctor again. Maybe he's only interested in a paycheck. Doctors should help people. Good thing for second opinions

Nice, but no help

Posted on March 28th, 2017

7 months to get the appointment to only be soon for a few minutes and be told there was no reason we needed to be there. This could have been told to me on the phone or in a letter. please don't take someones hard earned money for no reason. We needed his help and he wouldn't give it.

Posted on January 4th, 2016

Professional and understanding with years of experience, a really pleasant experience

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Dr. Alter was great with our child BUT he was rushed in our visit, did not ask us questions regarding symptoms, said, "goodbye" without giving us a summary of our appointment leaving us confused as to the next steps, wrote a letter to our primary with incorrect information, when questioned about that he said, "it is standard on the form and all he has to do is delete it." Our daughter gained an enormous amount of weight rapidly and during our appointment he mentioned how she not only gained weight but abnormal height as well. He then went on to say that she is just obese and he is not a therapist for obesity. We will NOT be going back to him.

Posted on October 29th, 2014

Dr. Alter clealy enjoys his work---he spent the time to interract with my 7 year old, making sure she was comfortable before jumping into the medical questions. He was not rushed---which was pretty astonishing given that there is a 6 month wait to see him. Also, he returned my email within 20 minutes, and gave me the lab results. I recommend him with the highest rating!

Personable, sharp, and amazing follow up

Posted on September 5th, 2014

First, I had to wait 4 months to see Dr. Alter and it was so worth the wait! He greeted us in such a personal way and made my daughter feel so comfortable. He did not seem rushed at all, yet I know he has a fully booked schedule. What was amazing was that while I sent to see him for my daughter, he diagnosed my son (who came as a bystander) with severe hypothyroidism. He gave us his email address and when I wrote to him, he replied instantaneously (what doctor does that!) I didn't realize until later that he is a Harvard, MIT, and University of Pennsylvania graduate. A++

very bad experience with Dr. Alter

Posted on January 8th, 2012

Recent lab work shows that my child's endocrine system is imbalanced. I was advised by two doctors to contact a pediatric endocrinologist as soon as possible. I made an appointment with Dr. Alter to address the issue and was extremely disappointed.Dr. Alter started out by telling us of another patient... parents who were concerned that their child would not reach a socially acceptable height. From the outset it seemed he pigeon holed us. He also asked where we lived and what we did for a living. It felt as if he was trying to ascertain whether or not we were worth his effort. His examination of my child totally lacked thoroughness. Later in the appointment, I had to point out obvious and key physical signs that he had missed. It appeared that he was inputing information that I supplied on a medical history form, but was later surprised when I referred to it....saying, "I didn't know that." I explained to him that it was written on the form that he had just read. In fact, I circled it because of its importance. Fortunately, I went to another pediatric endocrinologist for a second opinion. The difference was striking and we are now on the right path.

Empathetic and Respectful

Posted on July 20th, 2011

Dr. Alter is a kid focused physician and has helped our son tremendously.

Posted on April 14th, 2009

We have never had a doctor interact so smoothly with my children. Forget that he graduated from Harvard Medical. He is truly unique.

Posted on August 26th, 2016