Pediatrician, Endocrinologist
Video profile
Childrens Healthcare Associates Inc.
481 John Young Way
Exton, PA 19341
215-590-1024
Locations and availability (7)

|  very bad experience with Dr. Alter  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2012

Recent lab work shows that my child's endocrine system is imbalanced. I was advised by two doctors to contact a pediatric endocrinologist as soon as possible. I made an appointment with Dr. Alter to address the issue and was extremely disappointed.Dr. Alter started out by telling us of another patient... parents who were concerned that their child would not reach a socially acceptable height. From the outset it seemed he pigeon holed us. He also asked where we lived and what we did for a living. It felt as if he was trying to ascertain whether or not we were worth his effort. His examination of my child totally lacked thoroughness. Later in the appointment, I had to point out obvious and key physical signs that he had missed. It appeared that he was inputing information that I supplied on a medical history form, but was later surprised when I referred to it....saying, "I didn't know that." I explained to him that it was written on the form that he had just read. In fact, I circled it because of its importance. Fortunately, I went to another pediatric endocrinologist for a second opinion. The difference was striking and we are now on the right path.

|  Empathetic and Respectful  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

Dr. Alter is a kid focused physician and has helped our son tremendously.

|  show details
Apr 13th, 2009

We have never had a doctor interact so smoothly with my children. Forget that he graduated from Harvard Medical. He is truly unique.