Pediatrician, Endocrinologist
Video profile

Oct 29th, 2014

Dr. Alter clealy enjoys his work---he spent the time to interract with my 7 year old, making sure she was comfortable before jumping into the medical questions. He was not rushed---which was pretty astonishing given that there is a 6 month wait to see him. Also, he returned my email within 20 minutes, and gave me the lab results. I recommend him with the highest rating!

Personable, sharp, and amazing follow up show details Personable, sharp, and amazing follow up
Sep 5th, 2014

First, I had to wait 4 months to see Dr. Alter and it was so worth the wait! He greeted us in such a personal way and made my daughter feel so comfortable. He did not seem rushed at all, yet I know he has a fully booked schedule. What was amazing was that while I sent to see him for my daughter, he diagnosed my son (who came as a bystander) with severe hypothyroidism. He gave us his email address and when I wrote to him, he replied instantaneously (what doctor does that!) I didn't realize until later that he is a Harvard, MIT, and University of Pennsylvania graduate. A

very bad experience with Dr. Alter show details very bad experience with Dr. Alter
Jan 8th, 2012

Recent lab work shows that my child's endocrine system is imbalanced. I was advised by two doctors to contact a pediatric endocrinologist as soon as possible. I made an appointment with Dr. Alter to address the issue and was extremely disappointed.Dr. Alter started out by telling us of another patient... parents who were concerned that their child would not reach a socially acceptable height. From the outset it seemed he pigeon holed us. He also asked where we lived and what we did for a living. It felt as if he was trying to ascertain whether or not we were worth his effort. His examination of my child totally lacked thoroughness. Later in the appointment, I had to point out obvious and key physical signs that he had missed. It appeared that he was inputing information that I supplied on a medical history form, but was later surprised when I referred to it....saying, "I didn't know that." I explained to him that it was written on the form that he had just read. In fact, I circled it because of its importance. Fortunately, I went to another pediatric endocrinologist for a second opinion. The difference was striking and we are now on the right path.

Empathetic and Respectful show details Empathetic and Respectful
Jul 20th, 2011

Dr. Alter is a kid focused physician and has helped our son tremendously.

Apr 13th, 2009

We have never had a doctor interact so smoothly with my children. Forget that he graduated from Harvard Medical. He is truly unique.