Dr. Craig Aubuchon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 5th, 2016
I recommend Dr. Aubuchon with complete trust for any surgery of foot, ankle!

April 9th, 2015
He's too good for you
He came across as arrogant and hurried. He asked me what I thought my problem was... which is funny because I thought he was the doctor. Does that mean I can send him a bill for my consultation?

October 1st, 2014
C. Aubuchon - Patient Review
I broke my foot and had surgery with Doctor Aubuchon. While the surgery itself went smoothly and there were no issues after, the car itself was very underwelming. I was frequently cut off during doctor visits, many quesitons went unanswered or I was given very brief vague responses. At no point was I instructed on how to begin building muscles in my leg/foot but was just told to start walking. Once I asked if tehre was any PT I should be doing I was told to take a towel and wrap it up and pull it aginst my foot. I was extremely dissapointed in th level of care given. If this is something you're looking for in a doctor, certainly don't use him.

July 31st, 2014
Keep looking
Do not go to this dr he is very arrogant and says things that are just plain mean. Do not ask for anything for pain pre or post operatively as he will chastise you as if you are a drug addict and tell you to use advil or tylenol. I know that there are people like this but I for one am not and don't appreciate the insinuation of such esp to my family. This group in general is terrible as is the staff that works there. There are plenty of other choices out there wish I would have gone with my first impression.

March 26th, 2014
Torn ACL and Meniscus
Terrible experience. I had to wait for a long time in the room before he came in. Then he told me to get an MRI but didn't tell me he was going on vacation. I scheduled my MRI for the next day and I didn't hear from him for 3 days after that so I called his secretary she said he wouldn't be back for a week. Then after the day she said he would be back I called and left a message. No answer, so I called again the next day and demanded that someone call me with my results. He finally called later the next day and was not very informative of my MRI results then told me I had a major knee injury but there was no rush for surgery.... doesn't make sense to me.

January 8th, 2014
Terrible experience, misdiagnosed my wife's foot problem, did not read x-Ray correctly which led to unnecessary surgery pain and dis-formed toe for a life-time.

September 5th, 2013
Concerned daughter
My father went in for after treatment of shots in his ankle. After 6 months there was a hole in his ankle where the shot was injected. Fluid and blood were leaking from the hole. The only answer that the dr could give was bizarre and to keep it covered. He scheduled surgery for 5 weeks out. After a 2nd opinion the new dr wanted him to stay off leg immediately and surgery was scheduled within 5 days. Stay away from this dr. No follow-up and no real answers to problem. Also does not react quickly to problem.

July 17th, 2013
RN
In 1988 young surgeon save my leg after a automobile accident in Sullivan Mo after two surgeries and 8 months in a wheel chair I walk for the first time. Dr. Aubuchon I have never forgotten you I am forever grateful. May God always keep you in his hands. God bless you.

May 29th, 2013
GreatDoc!
Doc A fixed my peroneal tendon. I had gone to several other doctors who were unable to accurately assess the problem. Of the 4 other orthapedists, Doc A was the only doctor who knew what he was talking about. He was very thorough and answered all of my questions. He provided a great post-op recovery plan.

May 18th, 2013
Missouri Girl
With pain in my ankle, Dr. Aubuchon had a conservative approach to treatment, although he said I would eventually have an ankle replacement or ankle fuse. After about two years of pain, and realizing that the inevitable was going to happen, I had an ankle replacement. It was an arduous recovery; but WELL worth it. He told me my future limitations, which was not to run--ever. It has been two years since the replacement and I feel he made a good diagnosis and did a wonderful surgery. I don't go to a doctor for bedside manner, courteousness of staff, or ease of appointment. I want someone who will answer my questions--he did, who has done this procedure before--he had many times, and who I feel was competent to to the surgery--he was. He was excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Aubuchon.

November 6th, 2012
Terrible dr
His lack of compassion and complete arrogance make him a horrible dr. He gave no follow up care, his office staff is completely useless.

October 31st, 2012
not worth it
No compassion at all. Rough surgery and no follow up.