Dr. Craig Derkay Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Craig Derkay?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 2nd, 2013

Good doc

Great doctor. My son had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy and did great. Dr. Derkay was pleasant and knowledgeable. I would certainly recommend him. The only downfall is scheduling appointments. You have to leave messages and wait for a call back at a scheduler's convenience.

November 6th, 2012

High expectations, dissappointed results

Dismissed key points in a sleep study and cancelled a secondary sleep study/pulmonologist appointment, even though there were clear issues that showed up in the first study (drops in oxygen levels, apnea, etc). A pulmonologist consult should have been ordered based on apnea and possible anesthesia side effects alone, let alone to study the 02 desaturation.Refused to listen to general observations we had of our child regarding sleeping habits and talked over my wife constantly/condescendingly. We have heard great things about this office and the other doctors, our next appointment will be with one of the others for certain.

November 7th, 2011

Excellent care for and with my 1 year old

My child has had three surgeries with Dr. Derkey. He is the only one that I would trust. My child has had NO problems. None of the horror stories that you read on line about toddlers coughing or throwing up blood after a tonsilectomy. No problem after having his adnoids removed (which were blocking more that 70% of my son's air passage at 10 months old). No problems with the ear tubes coming out either. This doctor listens to your issues as the parent and respects your analysis of what is going on. He openly communicate with your child's other doctors to work out the best treatment plan for your child. I have had my melt-downs, my holiday ER visits, my screaming child and through it all, Dr. Derkay and his associates and residents have given my son excellent care, met us at the ER when needed and called ahead to let them know we are coming and not to do any unnecessary evaluations and tests on my child, and calmed my concerns at my sons bedside while in patient at the hospital. This office gives excellent care and great bedside manner to your little one.

May 7th, 2011

Wonderful Doctor

We am thrilled that we were referred to Dr. Derkay! He is very knowledgeable about my son's stridor. He took extra time wtih us and came out of the operating room to talk with us himself. I would highly recommend him. He is what we have been looking for! Wish we knew about him earlier!

October 15th, 2010

Dr. Lacking Bedside manner

He is a doctor but likes bedside manner and refuse to call child by his correct name. He has his own idea of how to pronounce childs name even if it is not correct. Sometimes he seems to be more concern about appearance the the medical problem.

July 21st, 2015