Dermatologist (skin)

2.0

misdiagnosis show details misdiagnosis
Jul 2nd, 2015

Have seen him for years.... Never really liked him.... Not a thorough skin check exam.... doesn't want to listen...... Treated 2 spots on the side of my nose for 1 year with antibiotics....Finally took a bioposy ... Comes back squamous & basal carcinoma.... seriously ??? Had to go through major Mohs surgery...... Will not be back to see him...I am not happy with I'm at all...... Changing Doc's.....

Dr. Nelson doctor questioned the primary care physician's referral show details Dr. Nelson doctor questioned the primary care physician's referral
Mar 1st, 2015

He had no interest in "wasting time" on the baby, questioned the pediatricians referral.

Find another doctor; This one is the worst. show details Find another doctor; This one is the worst.
Jan 9th, 2015

Rude; extremely impersonal; impatient; doesn't listen; condescending; disrespectful. I will never go back.

Jan 9th, 2015

Dr. Nelson has poor bed side manner, and is impatient

dermatology patient show details dermatology patient
by HL on Sep 24th, 2014

I've been to see Dr, Nelson at least twice in the past. The first visit I was thinking he had a rotten day, but the second was no better. It's a sickening feeling the moment I see him - plus, putting effort into finding a Doc in the first place is painful. Dr. Nelson never greeted me as his patient, does not smile, comes across as angry and unhappy. His body language suggests he's NOT willing to listen, cuts me off as I ask for his expertise, avoids eye contact, barely takes a look or a moment. In a rush, he'd like to get rid of me. He really needs to retire and quick!

What an abysmal professional show details What an abysmal professional
by Dr. Nathan H. Gabbert on Jul 27th, 2014

Dr. Nelson entered the exam room mad and continued to get worse. He’s disrespectful and arrogant. He is not interested in providing a medical diagnosis. I will never return to his office for any dermatological problem.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
May 1st, 2014

I will not go back, and will not recommend this doctor.

by jr on Mar 4th, 2014

Not only is he extremely rude but "froze" 2 of my fingers so severly I was in pain for several days and they have not yet completely healed.

May 7th, 2012

As someone in the healthcare profession, I know how it can be with long days, trouble patients, etc. but I experience problems every time I go in. If you have an appointment after noon, you can pretty much count on waiting at least an hour, which is actually kind of surprising, seeing as he always rushes his time with me. Hes rude and condescending. He's also not very helpful and just keeps cycling me through acne medication without giving it a second thought. He rarely listens to my concerns and typically dismisses them without even thinking about it. I dread going to see him and will be finding another dermatologist soon.

Oct 4th, 2011

Rude. I had to point out cancer areas to him. Does not do a very good exam.