Dr. Craig Faulks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Craig Faulks?

Misdiagnosed me

Posted on May 17th, 2016

I have been to Dr.Faulks several times for a couple of different orthopedic issues. I can't remember who reccomended him to me. But he seemed, as some others have said, like a smart man with no empathy. That I could tolerate, since I have fond this to be true of every orthopod I have met. Like other orthopods I've been treated by over the years, my sense was that he saw me less as a person and more as a collection of bones, muscles, and connestive tissues. So as lng as the knee bone was connected to the thigh bone, I was good, in his view, even if I was in a lot of pain. But this last time he made a huge diagnostic error, and had I not sought a second opinion, would have done surgery on my hip instead of my back -- the actual locus of referred pain I was experiencing. Didn't order any imaging tests, and failed to ask what I learned from the second-opinion doctor is a critical question: does the pain ever run down your leg? The fact that it did told the second orthopedist that I had a problem in my lumbar vertebrae (sciatica), rather than in my hip. That seems pretty inexcusable to me, and I will not be going back.

Confidence Begets Trust

Posted on March 13th, 2015

Have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to see the doctor. Waiting room has many magazines and newspapers including New York Times and W. Post. X-ray technician is warm and skilled. Dr. Faulks has complete confidence in what he’s doing. He’s smart, experienced, and he thinks before he answers questions.

Brilliant surgeon, one of the best !

Posted on March 4th, 2012

I'm in my mid-30s and suffered from repeated shoulder dislocations. The root cause was a freak sports injury, and the aftermath of repeated dislocations kept me from activities i enjoy.Dr.Faulks was very detailed in explaining the different options and their respective pros and cons. The arthroscopic surgery that he subsequently performed was very successful. I followed his instructions to the letter and have regained almost COMPLETE range of motion in my shoulder, and its been 4 years since a dislocation. A truly brilliant surgeon !

Posted on April 12th, 2011

excellent surgeon. extremely intelligent. lacks empathy, but makes up for it in skill.

Not Courteous

Posted on April 13th, 2010

I was not impressed with this doctor. He probably is smart, but his bedside mannner and the way his office was run leave a lot to be desired. Here's a quick rundown of issues:1. 45 minute wait. I had to wait over 45 minutes past my appointment time to see the doctor. If someone (like the staff) had said something like "I'm sorry this is taking so long; we appreciate your patience"), my irritation would have lessened. But when you have to take time off of work and need to rush back, this is not good.2. Harried and inexperienced staff. I think he needs an extra receptionist/secretary. The one lady at the front seemed extremely busy. She was polite, and did everything necessary with the forms and all, but it just seemed like a hectic, disorganized environment. I was also not impressed with the staff when an older African American woman emerged from one of the examination rooms, nearly crying in pain from her legs. They should have escorted her out of the room in a wheelchair, but she had to stand in front of the receptionist's desk, moaning and groaning and nearly crying for a wheelchair before someone got around to it. The staff also looked annoyed at wheeling her out and having to get her a taxi to get her home or to the hospital. Not impressive for a new patient to see - I would have walked out, but I really needed to see a doc.3. The doc himself. Clearly smart, but he's also came across as very arrogant and doesn't seem interested in taking the time to listen to your symptoms and problem. I find it hard to believe that this guy actually treated athletes and sports teams. I thought his knowledge of muscle rehab and sports rehab was kind of low, especially since I ended up suggesting a new remedy. I actually ended up telling him what I needed, and he agreed after the fact. This might have been forgivable if he hadn't come across as arrogant, condescending and short of time. I'm trying to figure out why everyone here is giving this guy a nice high rating - he's not friendly, not personable, and I'm not really convinced that he knows how to treat intense sports injuries.

Posted on September 15th, 2009

He's great!

Great Doctor!

Posted on October 21st, 2008

Dr. Faulks is a wonderful doctor. He always answers my questions, and clearly spends a lot of time thinking about his patients. I was misdiagnosed 3 times before going to Faulks, and he immediatley knew what was wrong with me, and how to fix it! He is the best doctor I've ever seen, and he did a great job with my surgery!

Dr. Faulks is a great doctor

Posted on July 13th, 2008

Always answers my questions and takes a lot of time. Best doctor I have ever seen.

Posted on February 15th, 2017