Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Wonderful surgeon  |  show details
by Wendy K. on Oct 8th, 2014

Dr. Fultz has performed two surgeries on me within the past five years: the first time it was for right knee problems and a torn meniscus. He did a second scope on the knee in 2007 (first one had been done on Long Island, where I lived at the time), at which point he stated that I had very little cartilage left and lots of arthritis, which ultimately lead to a full knee replacement in September 2009 at Holy Spirit, one of the toughest surgeries anyone can go through. In late April 2014, he performed fusion back surgery w/bone graft at Pinnacle Hospital. In both cases, he never pressured me to have the surgery but clearly laid out the symptoms I would be experiencing and answered every single question I asked without hesitation. I desperately wanted to avoid the knee surgery in particular, but the excruciating pain I was in at the time (like the knee was dislocating) was too much to bear, and his comment that he had concerns the knee would fail and then I would fall and possibly break a hip necessitating hip AND knee surgery made me realize it was time to go that route. The shooting pain down my left leg and into my foot that was preventing me from walking and enjoying life brought about the back surgery with fusion, but I waited a full year before I made the decision to go ahead. This, too, was incredibly serious surgery (7-1/2 hrs. and 3 days in the hospital) and while I hated the thought of more surgery, I hated even more being cooped up in my home because I couldn't walk without pain. In both cases, this surgeon gave me my life back and I will forever be thankful to him for that. His manner is relatively brusque and to-the-point. He does not beat around the bush. He will respond to any questions and concerns you have -- just ask him. I've never had any problems getting the answers I need, but you have to ask. He's closer to my age (I'm in my early 60s) so perhaps I am less intimidated by him than others may be. He saw me in the hospital on both occasions, my return office visits were scheduled with exacting precision, and it is clear he is very well respected in the community. Physical therapists and others know he has his own way of doing things and he wants them done in exactly the way he expects. I have had no issues at all with the staff in the office and I see them more often than I do my own family in CT. The staff has treated me very well. It is clear they have much respect for Dr. Fultz, who now works alone in his practice. I recommend him to anyone who is looking for a highly experienced surgeon who knows his stuff.

|  Dr. Fultz  |  show details
by Brian Corll on Jun 3rd, 2014

Dr. Fultz is an expert in his field and is well thought of by other doctors. He is kind, pleasant to talk and will to help you in any way possible. I wish my PCP was like him !

by Nancy Rhodes on Jan 31st, 2014

I love Dr. Fultz. In 2008 when I was T-boned in a car accident, I went to what was considered one of the top Orthopaedic Surgeons in the area. This doctor blew me off and told me nothing was wrong. When I could no longer walk this surgeon would not return my calls. I found Dr. Fultz through a friend. By the time he walked into the exam room to see me after looking at my x-ray he knew exactly what was wrong. He was wonderful through the whole process. In the hospital after talking with some of the other patients in PT, they were complaining they hadn't even seen their surgeons since surgery. I want you to know Dr. Fultz was right there. His bedside manner is totally different then how you see him in his office. He is there for you. He speaks to you before the surgery, not anyone else. He explains things clearly, and he is there everyday to see you in the hospital after surgery. I don't need a doctor that wants to visit and be nice with you at every visit. I want a doctor that is great at what he does. So, if I have to wait an hour to see him because he has to spend a little more time with someone who needs it, I am all for that. Two knee replacements and going to see him about a hip, and I am only 55. He gives your life back to you.

|  It All Depends  |  show details
May 13th, 2012

I thought Dr. Fultz was a pretty good surgeon, but a lousy doctor. When it was clear I needed surgery, I had his full attention. When I had other issues that required more time and tests, I was passed off to Brandy. Dr. Fultz never even bothered to poke his head in the room to see how I was doing. I don't have an issue with PA'S however; Brandy's attitude is terrible. The final straw came when, for a second time, I was put in a 6X8 exam room with the door closed for 2 hours...no one came in to update or check on me. I addressed this issue and Dr. Fultz's apparent lack of interest in his patient, with his secretary. I got "lip service" because it happened all over again at my next visit. In talking with patients in the waiting room, I found out that is what he does, consistently. Heathcare premiums, co-pays etc have skyrocketed. I will not pay good, hard earned money to any provider who treats his patients with so little respect, care and compassion unless, of course, surgery is indicated.

Mar 9th, 2012

I would and have recommended him to friends and family.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

My husband exploded his ankle in more than 30 pieces. He was with Doctor Fultz for 8 months. Dr. Fultz and his staff were so wonderful and helpful, they made the situation bearable.

|  I have to disagree  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I have been a patient since 2008 and have had two successful surgerys. I plan to have a third this summer. I will admit the wait times can be very long, but the follow-up visits are always much better - at least for me. Dr. Fultz will spend time with me if I have questions and I have had no problem with Brandy the PA. PAs are very capable and I even have them at my cardiologists. If you know anything about their training, you know it is not easy either. The staff has been very kind to me including the nurses and I have never had problems obtaining records. I will admit that he is a surgeon and gets to the point of the problem. Granted, I wish that he would loosen up a bit and improve the bedside manner, but his skill more than makes up for that. I have had issues witht he other major orthopedic group in town and I would recommend Dr. Fultz to anyone!

May 20th, 2011

He is thorough. He will run tests to determine what type and if you need surgery. Unless it's apparent that you need surgery, don't go to him. He will remind you he is a surgeon and surgery is what he does many times. If surgery is not necessary, you're a waste of his time. He did not want to discuss any reasons what may have caused a sudden onset of debilitating pain in my back that made it almost impossible to move. Because there are no structural problems, he has no answers. He is highly recommended otherwise.First visit was 2 hours in the exam room. I was not given a reason why, and no one came to check on me during that two hours. I'm not sure if they forgot me, or if there was an emergency. Two other visits were approximately 15-20 minutes wait.The staff seemed annoyed with me. They did not want to be personable at all. I bulked at so many tests. I observed and it appears there were some "pet" patients they would smile at and converse with. Otherwise, they did their jobs well.

|  HORRIBLE - do NOT see this doctor!!!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Fultz is horrible. I had a knee injury. To my understanding of my symptoms, it was a meniscus tear. He took an x-ray and injected my knee with a steroid. The steroid injection did absolutely nothing, as I told him it would, and for that reason requested that he not do it, but he insisted anyway. When I went back for my followup visit and reported no improvement, he immediately suggested surgery, without even doing an MRI. When I asked for a copy of my xray summary report, to which I have a legal right, I was literally grilled over the phone if it was because I was seeking a 2nd opinion. The receptionist literally asked me if i was "the girl who wanted copies of her records so badly?" When I told them that I was not comfortable being put under general anesthesia and having surgery performed without having first had an MRI to make sure that it was in fact a meniscus tear, I was told that the physician's assistant (not even the surgeon -- they allowed a mere physician's assistant to make this call!!) that they thought I was only asking so I could take the MRI to another surgeon for a 2nd opinion and that they didn't think it was medically necessary. This office is COMPLETELY unprofessional and rude. If you want to spend no more than 5 minutes with the surgeon, have the surgeon not listen to your concerns or suggestions, and not perform obviously needed MRIs prior to surgery, then this is the place to go. However, if you want a good quality surgeon, go elsewhere. this place is horrible

by Mike on Feb 9th, 2009

2 knee surgeries over a 15 year span with this doctor. Dr. Fultz is an outstanding surgeon who I would drive hours to use again if needed.

Apr 14th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Fultz is an excellent physician and caring surgeon.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com