Dr. Craig Hall MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Idaho Falls, ID

• Good
  • Bad

August 30th, 2012
Most I see his PA, but when necessary he sees me. I really like him and his office staff.

March 2nd, 2012
No wait time, BUT low quaNlity care
I came to Dr. Hall when I was 5 months pregnant. I was new to the area and went to him based on a recommendation. BIG mistake! During my visits I never had to wait long and he spent adequate time with me (now I know this is because most of Idaho Falls women see other doctors!!) That is the ONLY positive I can say about this doctor. Four days before I delivered my son I was having some watery discharge. The next morning when I went in to see him he examined me, sent me home telling me it was not amniotic fluid and that my cervix was still completely closed. That night I began having contractions and the following morning went in to active labor. When I arrived at the hospital at about 1:30 pm I was 2 centimeters dilated and my blood pressure was very high (can't remember the actual read)and within a few hours I progressed to 4cm. Then I had the epidural and my progression slowed drastically. The doctor didn't order my pitocin drip until 4am the next morning. He had two scheduled inductions on Sunday morning and God forbid he have to make a trip to the hospital on a Saturday evening AND a Sunday morning and ruin his weekend plans. When I began pushing he arrived about 20 minutes after, did not address me at all, and proceeded to tell the nurses (with his back to me thinking I would not hear him) that he was going to the other hospital up the road to perform his two scheduled inductions first. The nurse informed him that there would not be time for this and that he should not leave the building. This is when he decided to go to the cafeteria, yes you heard me. He was going to go eat breakfast instead of being there with his patient (which he's being paid to do!!). (My friend had her baby the following day at the same hospital, but with a different doc and we compared notes--her doctor was there almost the entire time she was in active labor.) Dr. Hall finally showed up 15 minutes before I delivered my son because he was dragged back in by one of the nurses. When he came back into the room he asked the nurse (again with his back to me) when the cafeteria stopped serving breakfast. I guess he didn't have a chance to get what he wanted because I inconveniently went faster than he had planned. My son was delivered 43 minutes after I began pushing and about 15 minutes after Dr. Hall sat down (and still said nothing to me). First time he addressed me was after my son was born.Within the first 5 minutes of my son's life, the pediatric nurse picked up on his irregular breathing. His chest area was sucking in too much and when she checked his blood oxygen levels, they were way too low. My son ended up having pneumonia at birth and had to stay in the NICU for 9 days. He had 7 days worth of two different antibiotics, a chest x-ray, and numerous amounts of poking and prodding due to having the antibiotics, IV drip, feeding tube, and nasal suctioning. When I saw Dr. Hall's records from my delivery he stated that I "delivered a healthy-appearing male infant."I believe now that my water did break and the doctor did not do a thorough enough evaluation when he sent me home. I always got the impression that he didn't listen fully to what I was saying and didn't take me seriously b/c I was a first time mom and now I know this to be completely true. I strongly advise pregnant women to seek a doctor who takes you seriously and genuinely listens to you and treats you and your special day accordingly. I don't know if all this doctor sees is dollar signs or that he's been doing it so long that he's jaded, but whatever the reason DO NOT trust your health and the health of your unborn baby to this doctor!

November 29th, 2011
good doctor
Being the first time having a baby, I didnt know what to expect and he put me at ease along with his staff. It definetely felt ockward having a man check the vagina and baby at first, but he rings in a lady nurse to be there by yourside. After the first it was fine from there. Dr. Hall was prompt with noticing signs of HIgh BP and protein in urine and had me go to the hospital to be monitored. The only thing I would suggest to him is be more talkative and get to know me better to make it more personal. Overall I look back and I dont have any bad experiences at all.

April 20th, 2011
THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD AT A DOCTORS OFFICE!!!!!
I can not name one good thing about this doctor..... it started off awful and ended awful. I walked into the office to check in and there was no one in sight. So i waited for a girl to walk by and finally got her attenton. She was very snappy in asking why i was there. After talking to her I sat down for 50 minutes to wait for them to call me back. After calling me back the nurse was short and very unsocial. she didnt even look me in the eye. I then sat in te room waiting to be told what was going to happen next. The staff seemed very unorganized and too busy to bother with patients that day. I then met Dr. Hall and was very disappointed in his friendlyness. I wasnt told what we were going to do and he didnt seem to even look at my chart before hand to see that i had had 2 previous miscarriges. I told him what was going on and how i was feeling and he told me " your definitly having a miscarrage"!!! I then had to request we do a ultrasound to see if i was or not. He wanted to wait 3 weeks on everything because of signs of a miscarrage. I was panic and confused.Through the physical exam it was uncomfortable and awkward. He didnt say or even look at me! I requested a ultrasound and everything is fine!!!!! I am not going back there ever. I am also telling everyone i know to go to another doctor!

March 30th, 2009
I have been very happy with Dr. Hall as a OB for over 4 years now. I absolutely trust in his care and appreciate his staff very much. He has been a blessing in my life.

February 22nd, 2009
What every woman wants in an OBGYN!
Best bedside manor, understanding, and professionalism i've ever experienced with a doctor, let alone an OB. and, dont just think it's me saying it, i've never once heard any one complain!

December 3rd, 2015