inactive

Craig R Johnston MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

July 6th, 2015
Years ago he was someone I trusted for an accurate diagnosis. Over the past five years, he made several mistakes including a major heart issue that was even detected by student nurses at the hospital where I ended up. Was told by many medical personnel that my condition was an emergency and very apparent. He treated me for bronchitis. Also my girlfriend went there for annual exams twice and never got a phone call or test results. The third year they said her pap was "inconclusive" the last two times, but we didn't get notified!! Her family has a history of abnormal Pap tests, so she refused to go there again. Also he and NP's there prescribed medicine that had major interactions with medicine I was already taking, which was brought to my attention by a pharmacist and also by my checking online. My last two visits, I had the first appointment of the day. Both times I waited over 1.5 hours. I was told he had an emergency both times. Not sure if that was true, as he is family medicine and not a surgeon or ob/gyn. I really didn't believe he had an emergency. Looked like he just rolled out of bed. Have to say he is a nice guy, but I wasn't looking for a buddy at the doctor's office.

January 4th, 2014
former patient
Johnston has suddenly retired without informing his patients. I'm glad I didn't need him during this time, last month of 2013, because I would have had to go medcheck or ER without a family doctor. He has displayed real contempt for his patients. And I'm not really sure why he went into medicine if he couldn't see people for being sick and not ever being their best when he sees them. It was constant psycho-babble coming from him. If you were single he tried and belittle you about that and if you were married he tried to make something that the marriage wasn't very good, etc. God forbid if 30 years ago you went to him with irritable bowel because then he would try and refer you to a psychiatrist which you don't need and since then has been proven to be a legitament medical condition. I've seen people storm out of his office because of something he has said to them. I don't think I have ever been to a doctor that gave me the creeps like this man did.

June 16th, 2013
Mr.
I dropped Craig R Johnston Md Inc. he is nice enough, and knowledgeable it was because of his inept staff, always loosing my file which they said was rare but it happened every time I went in. I was transferred to his practice after my lifelong GP retired. When I first called for an appointment I was told that it would be 2-3 weeks before the doctor could see me, but I could see a NP today. So naturally I chose the NP, which did a great job, and I was really happy with her care. I didn't actually see Dr. Craig R Johnston for nearly 2 years until on one visit I saw some guy walking through the office area and I asked, "Who's that? Oh, that's Dr. Craig Johnston." I said, "Huh, I've never seen him before, I was beginning to think that this place was run by NP's". He over heard this and on my next visit he took the time to see me. Then he when he stepped into the picture and things got worse. The staff failed to forward my insurance info to the Lab who did my blood work which is located across the hall from his offices. Craig R Johnston MD Inc. and the Chiropractor whom he referred me to in the same building have very questionable policies regarding fees and insurance processing. When I asked regarding insurance charges, fees, etc. they replied "Oh, we take care of that for you". I was never told any actual fee or what the insurance company was charged. They said I could come back in thirty days, and pay $15 to receive a printed out statement. The last time I went I went to Dr. Craig R Johnston MD Inc. they kept me waiting 1-1/2 hours before parking me in an exam room to discuss the lab work which the nurse practitioner told me was really good. It would have been a five minute conversation at most with the doctor. While waiting I witnessed 6 people who were seen by him and had left before I was parked in an exam room for an additional 20 minutes. I finally walked out. They didn't even notice I was gone for almost 30 minutes. Then they called and told me that I needed to come in and discuss what they expected out of me in the future.

May 7th, 2013
Has weight issues
Every time I saw him, he made the same remark about my weight: "Wouldn't you like to have a life?", as though being overweight means having no life at all. He tried to get me to buy herbal supplements of some kind (for weight loss). Then he threw me out of his office when I dared to suggest he was wrong about it being possible to have a life while overweight.

April 25th, 2013
My dog gets Health care service at the vet then I do going to see Dr. Johnston!
Went to Dr. Johnston office based on a recommendation by my pharmacist. I was new in town and moved to Indy to stay close to my grandchildren. After going to his office lets just say I fired my Pharmacist and the Doctor. I walked in to Dr. Johnston's office and got a bad feeling from the start. I could not believe I saw patients files behind the check in counter especially in that neighborhood where someone could break in and someone could steal all of our private records. Other doctors have patients records secured in a separate room locked away so no one could see them. Makes his office look un organized and un secure. So I waited in the lobby for an hour thought I would give his office a chance and after waiting 40 minutes in the waiting room and reading two sports illustrated's I decided to turn the tv on to pass some time and relieve some frustration and when I did that I could not even get a signal with picture because he does not have cable. How cheap is that! You think a professional doctor would have a functioning tv in his lobby to help time go by when waiting so long! Finally after waiting 45 minutes one nurse brought me in to one of the private rooms in the doctors office and lets just say it got worse. I had to wait another 30 minutes in a 8x8 room with no sound and no windows. You think he would have some in ceiling speakers so there can be music played while customers are waiting. I felt like the government sent me on a space ship and sent me to the International Space Station. Finally a nurse came in not the Doctor and did not even apologize for the wait I felt so disappointed. Not even one word of Sorry or I am sorry for the wait! My dog gets better health service at the vet then I do at this place I was in and it took me 30 minutes to see the vet. So after the routine checkup my health was good I guess Thank Goodness because I did not want to take a blood test or anything so I would have to come back to this lousy place. I see Dr. Johnston by the check in desk talking to his office associates when I see him in flip Flops thats right flip flops I can not believe that is supposed to be in a professional environment he is wearing flip flops not a good role model or professional for his patients and his employees. No wonder his employees did not smile while I was there they probably feel so lousy working there under these conditions. I owned my own business for 25 years and I would never put a customer under these conditions I always treated people with respect and dignity and always tried to carry myself in a professional manner and never discriminated anyone over race, religion social or economic status. You think with all those pictures of his fish in his offices he would cut back on his fishing trips and focus on the infrastructure in his business to help treat his patients better and also his employees. Lets just say I am never coming back to this place this is the biggest laughing stock of a doctors office in this city. I should of just used my daughters family doctor that she recommended so I would not have to go through all this frustration. I am glad I found this web site I feel better that I can vent out my anger maybe someone will listen out there!

April 24th, 2013
Not the best communication skills!
I went to see Dr. Craig Johnston based on a recommendation by a friend and let me say it was the worst decision I ever made concerning getting health results. I went to see him and he went over my test results and it felt like I was talking to a alien from outerspace I had no idea what he was talking about and he confused me even more. You would think that someone that has been in the business for 35 years would have better communication skills but I guess they don't teach that in Medical School. It definitely was not worth the wait either you wait in the waiting room for 35 minutes then they put you in a separate room to wait on a nurse and that is another 20 minutes. It totally ruined my whole day I will definitely be looking for another doctor that is more sensitive and empathetic towards their clients. Definitely do not recommend it is not worth the wait!

April 23rd, 2013
Wait too long
I am sure he is a good doctor but the wait time is not worth seeing him. The funny thing is they tried to bill me $50 after I walked out! Go somewhere else it is not worth your time.

March 27th, 2011
Dr. Johnston is a gem!
Dr. Johnston really cares about his patients and shows a genuine concern about our physical health and our general emotional health as well. He treats me with respect and I feel safe and secure knowing that he will take good care of me!