Dr. Craig Jones MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2017
WAIST OF TIME AND VERY DISAPPOINTING!!
I TOOK MY 14 YEAR OLD SON FOR A SECOND OPINION. DR JONES IS NOT PATIENT- CENTRIC. MY SON WAS JUST A "NUMBER". HE SPENT 97 % OF OUR APPT ON HIS DICTAPHONE. HE HAD NOT REVIEWED ANY PRIOR MEDICAL RECORDS THAT WERE SENT TO HIM PRIOR TO THE APPOINTMENT, UNTIL HE WAS IN THE ROOM WITH US. HE IS RUDE AND DID NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. AT ONE POINT, HE EVEN TOLD MY SON TO SCOOT DOWN THE TABLE, SO HE COULD HAVE MORE ROOM TO SPREAD OUT HIS PAPERS WHILE RECORDING. DR JONES DOES NOT HAVE ANY BEDSIDE MANNERS AND HAS ZERO PATIENT CARE. AT THE END OF OUR VISIT, HE DECIDED HE SHOULD AT LEAST LOOK AT MY SON'S ARM TO SEE THE SCAR FROM SURGERY. I WAS SO UPSET WHEN I LEFT HIS OFFICE. I WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!! IT IS A SHAME, BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE MANY ONCOLOGIST ORTHOPEDICS IN OUR AREA!

August 23rd, 2016
Disappointed
I was so disappointed. He really did not take the time to address my concerns. I had a lot of questions. And if I asked the same question more than twice I felt it was a problem. He spent more time on his recorder and could not understand what he was saying. He did not address my concerns. I had researched and I did not just make the appointment because he was an orthopedic but he is an oncologist orthopedic specialist.. He needs to take more time in being more of a person than a Doctor. I understand that it gets overwhelming in the number of patients you see and you need to record thing to remember. But look at your patient when you address them. After all you must love what you do.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Dr. Jones. To protect your patient privacy, we invite you to discuss your case offline by calling Physician Team Supervisor, Jessica, at (407) 418-0571 during normal business hours. We look forward to hearing from you.

May 1st, 2015
this doctor should not be in practice. He does not care about his patients. I went to see him about a tumor in my thigh which turned out to malignant from a biopsy I had to have that he didn't want to do or help me in any other form of treatment. I went mayo clinic where I am being treated by a team of doctors who care about me. I cannot tell you enough to not go to this doctor.
Doctor's Response

We regret to hear you felt your experience with Dr. Jones was anything less than expected. It is our goal to provide the highest quality care and service to every one of our patients. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please do not hesitate to call Team Jones directly at (407)254-4051 so we may better understand the situation and how we can work to provide you, and fellow patients, with the best possible outcomes in the future. We hope to hear from you soon and thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your experience.

December 21st, 2013
Dr. Jones is the Best
I have seen Dr. Jones regularly for over two decades and my husband and I prefer him for all our orthopedic needs. Years ago he found and operated on me for chondrosarcoma. He is personable, confident, and knowledgeable. Good doctors like Dr Jones welcome questions and are willing to spend time responding. I also appreciate him recording the outcome of my appointments while I am in the room so that I can confirm our mutual understanding of the issues. Any teasing by me about the speed of his dictation is accepted good naturedly. Some raters suggest a lack of bedside manner. I have never experienced that but his intellectual approach should not be mistaken as a lack of caring. His staff is also helpful and professional. The doctor and his staff clearly respect and support each other.

December 19th, 2013
Doctor above all doctors
Doctor Jones knowledge is unsurpassed. His ability to answer all questions and his willingness to answer questions shows that he keeps up with all the latest research.

December 12th, 2013
My appointment with Dr. Jones was great. I was able to schedule on the website and only had to wait a few minutes. He spent a lot of time with me.

December 2nd, 2013
The truth be Told
I was hesitant to see Dr. Jones due to some reviews posted. Luckily I decided to give him a try and I am so Happy I did. I was able to get an appointment right away. The staff was very polite and informative. Waiting time was about 30 minutes, but worth the wait because Dr. Jones took his time with me and answered all my concerns. He does have his recorder in the room with the visit ,but that's how he does his notes while he is with you. In my opinion it's good because he also verifys everything with you . He has great bedside manners and is polite . I would highly recommend him.

October 14th, 2013
dont go to him
My mother has a tumor on her leg and we went to this doctor because according to everyone in orlando "he is the best" i think thats a lie i think hes the only one in the area that can do both orthopedic surgery and oncology thats why he acts all confident. Im actually a pre med student so i know the whole "tape recorder game" that he does. he tells you he doesn't know about a diagnosis but what hes saying in his tape recorder is much more different then you think. bascially hes setting himself to look like a good guy just in case you try to sue. I wish someone would bring a big law suit on this guy he doesn't care about any of his patients, his staff is just as rude as him all they care about is money. I payed 350 to see this jerk, just to have him scare my mother , anyways im looking for someone else. I read the reviews but didn't listen spend so much money, please dont do like me find someone else we all deserve better we pay this devil we shouldn;t get treated like this im planning on contacting the news so they can make a story on this guy i suggest anyone reading this and affected by him takes some form of action to this shall not be tolerated this is the lives of our loved ones. dr Jones you have failed orlando!

August 3rd, 2013
Caring and Compassionate
From the time I entered his office until the time I left I felt that Dr. Jones was helpful and understanding. He took all the time I needed to fully understand my diagnosis. Dr. Jones saved my life and I couldn't be more grateful.

July 19th, 2013
MD apparently stands for mega d-bag...
I was 16 when I had the unfortunate luck of having Dr. Jones as my doctor when I fractured my arm and a tumor was found within the bone. I was terrified and so was my mother, because we had no clue what to expect or what was going on (since we weren't medical professionals). Dr. Jones came in to the exam room. No hello, or anything, and immediately started mumbling quickly in to his tape recorder of his findings, diagnosis, etc. Didn't look at us, just stared at the pages of test results from scans and tests. When he finished he asked if we had any questions. REALLY?!?!?!?! of course we do! And with each question, he would say, "didn't you hear me discuss that during my notes?" Are you KIDDING me?! Seriously Dr. Jones, you are a terrible, awful, horrible doctor. It isn't just about knowing your information, it's about patient CARE. God complex doesn't do justice to the way you treat your patients, but maybe how you feel about yourself. I STRONGLY discourage ANYONE from seeing this man for medical attention. In the end, he took too long to diagnose me as benign with fibrous dysplasia, and my arm had healed crooked because he was too scared to set it. Now I have to deal with this the rest of my life with a crooked arm.

July 2nd, 2013
All the poor reviews are right on the mark. I've been under the care of other Orthopedic Oncologist in Dallas & New York City. Dr. Jones is an insult in this field and in the doctor's field in general. He actually had the audacity to suggest I see a Psychiatrist to explain the pain I was feeling in my hip & leg. I went to an other Orthopedic doctor who in less than 10 minutes not only identified what was happening but showed me exactly where the problems area were on the bone scan images. Please don't go to this doctor. He is not worth your time or money.

October 28th, 2012
Everyone deserves better
Read all of his reviews....don't you deserve better? YES, you do. Get a second opinion and I am sure you will agree, there are options and you do not have to be treated so poorly. Dr Jones is more concerned with law suits (I wonder why???). He does NOT answer questions...he speaks so quickly (and facing a wall...not the patient) into his tape recorder. This is only to cover himself. You can't even understand what he is saying because he is doing it on purpose. He answers your questions by saying, "I never say never and I never say always." WELL....Let me tell you....I had potential bone cancer. I asked if he thought I had bone cancer. His answer??? "I never say never, I never say always." What a jerk. I went elsewhere and the doctor reviewed my scans and was able to tell me right away I didn't have cancer. Dr. Jones NEVER even looked at the results of the tests. I know this because I was advised by the techs doing the tests to keep them in case I wanted to go elsewhere. They could not tell me to go elsewhere but I felt it in their words and body language that Dr Jones was not known for his bedside manner. God complex? Perhaps, but he is giving himself way too much credit. Not even close to deserving the rating of a God complex. A-hole complex? YES! Right on! Addtionally, when I "postponed" my surgery I didn't even get a follow up call. Nice, huh? Considering he scared me into thinking I had bone cancer. If he even bothered to look at the scans (that he ordered) he would have been able to put me at ease. But then that wouldn't be as much fun for him, would it? He said he would look at the scans on the day of my surgery and not before. ADDITIONALLY, he would have butchered my hand with his approach to my surgery. With the competition (really, go anywhere...go to a vet...they will be better than this office)....I have a nicely concealed scar. My new doctor can't believe my experience with this office. I am sure that is why my current orhtopaedist is 5 stars and this office has MANY one star ratings. The only reason they get the one star is because you have to give them some rating to be able to comment. I don't know you....but I do know you deserver better. Everyone deserves better.