Craig W Klose MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

February 10th, 2015
One of the best DRs in Reno.

May 21st, 2013
Dr. Klose
Dr. Klose is very knowledgeable doctor but always seemed rushed. He is a fantastic doctor for diagnosing infertility issues, but not so great with follow-up/OB care. During my pregnancy, I never had an opportunity to ask questions..even about important medication issues. It took 9 days for a nurse to respond to my messages left at the office. Her advice was to go to my general practitioner. Never mind that I was paying for a specialist and expecting a quality of care. It didn't seem like they cared about me, or my baby, at all. OB's and their staff should make women feel comfortable and valued. Trusting someone to do the best thing for your baby is an essential: I did not feel this office was working with my best health in mind. I ending up missing a critical test on my baby because it had to be done during specific weeks and no one bothered to tell me in advance. Overall, my experiences were stressful..It could be that the incompetent office staff were not conveying my messages to the doctor or that his case load is too full. You know you are in the wrong practice when you consider not going to the doctor because it would be less stressful and better for the baby.

June 18th, 2012
Judging A Book By It's Cover
When I called for booking appointments as a new patient I was drawn in by the professional and cheerful office staff I had interacted with, quite the front I would come to find. Although there are a select few nurses and office staff who go above and beyond, I found myself very disappointed with the bedside manner of many of the nurses and Dr. Klose himself. I always felt rushed and often left the office with unanswered questions because Klose and his staff made it known that they were very busy people. I found Klose to be very knowledgeable, but insensitive and hope this review does nothing but help him and his staff to improve.

April 13th, 2012
I have been going to Dr. Klose for just about a year know. He is a wonderful doctor he diagnosed me with POS within minutes of looking at me. I had been going to another Doctor for 3 years before, even had a baby. No one was able to tell me anything about my irregular cycles. Bottom line he is a great Dr, wait times at a OB office will always be crazy so that is not a problem

April 11th, 2012
Adore the doc and his staff!
Dr. Klose was wonderful to me. He showed my husband and I such compassion and was very through. (We were especially nervous with this pregnancy after experiencing the loss of our 2 month old baby only months before conceiving again. We had also switched offices just because our L&D nurse friends highly recommended him.) Appointments were never rushed, he always listened, and his staff was awesome. Hope I get to be his patient again for another baby!

March 15th, 2012
In all my years, never, EVER a better OB/GYN
I'll begin this by saying that Dr. Klose delivered both of my children and until I moved out of the area, was my physician for for more than a decade. Never before and never since have I felt so comfortable with, respected and well-treated by a physician. This was always echoed in the way his office staff and his nurse, Dee, treated me. Absolutely loved the compassion, the professionalism and rapport here. If only I could get them to move south! When I went to Dr. Klose in the beginning, it was for problems with my getting pregnant. Here I am, 2 grown children later and SO wish that he was still my physician.

December 10th, 2010
Infertile? Find a different Doctor!
I went to Dr. Klose because I suspected that I had infertility issues. He was very informal with his bedside manner, and didn't seem to be in any hurry to diagnose me, though I am 38. After looking it up on the internet, I called and asked for the tests suggested on a different clinic's website. I even had to remind him to prescribe antibiotics for one of them! He never called to go over any test results; a nurse finally told me that "the tests were normal or we would have called you."To top it all off, Dr. Klose coded my HSG test incorrectly and my insurance refused to pay for it. This mistake has cost me hours on the phone and has led me into an insurance nightmare that is not over. The nurse at St. Marys, on a follow-up call, told me that "Dr. Klose didn't know the insurance code for infertility testing", as opposed to infertility treatment, and had coded my test incorrectly. I also found the staff to be rude, unprofessional, and discourteous. Finding out that you are infertile is one of the most stressful experiences in the world; don't make it worse by subjecting yourself to this type of incompetence.