Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
6020 W Parker Rd
Ste 200
Plano, TX 75093
972-608-5000
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Pain relief  |  show details
by Synette Lutz on Apr 27th, 2013

Dr. Lankford was great at listening to my complaints and seem to really understand were I was and were I wanted to be. After having 2 microdisctomies, L4-5, I was still having sciatic pain, as well as having pain in my right shoulder. After doing some injections and physical therapy I am happy to say most days I am pain free. I loved the staff they were always so helpful when I called in. I actually miss them! Thank you Dr. Lankford for giving me my life back♥

|  NOT RECOMMENDED--HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

I read where another reviewer said Dr Lankford "listens" to his patients. Huh?? In my case, he MAY be listening--but surely doesn't provide any feedback. I've never been to a doctor who has SO LITTLE to say. I feel almost embarrased after talking to him about my back injury problems because he provides no response. Literally. At times, he has literally said no more than a few words and he minimizes my concerns when he does speak. He doesn't even look at me, even when I'm speaking, he just writes in the chart and then get this--he walks out of the room without saying goodbye, nothing. He just walks out! This has happened the last few visits and I think surely he will be right back. Nope, office staff comes in to tell me we're all done and when I am to return. I leave there with unanswered questions, with confusion, and feeling belittled. I'm in the process of finding another doctor, needless to say. I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND THIS DOCTOR.

|  Misdiagnosed  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2012

My husband was misdiagnosed at Texas Back Institute. He did not have a sciatica, he has a spinal stenosis. He was in too much pain and going to emergency room almost every week but his pain doctor did not do anything but give him epidural injection. We tried to request for an early appointment because he was in extreme pain but we are told that we really need to wait for Feb. 15. The last injection he had was Feb. 1 and we need to wait up to Feb. 15 with that kind of pain? We called 911, he had a surgery yesterday and can start walking now. We just thank God that we got it on time.