Dr. Craig Mahoney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 13th, 2016
Dr. Mahoney's bedside manner is HORRIFIC - he is arrogant and not compassionate for the patient's he cares for. He is solely driven by his ego. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE - turnaround and RUN!

September 4th, 2016
Better quality of life after TKR
I've had both knees replaced by Dr. Mahoney...I would recommend him to anyone. I believe he is one of the top knee replacement surgeons in Des Moines...I had very little pain and excellent ROM pretty quickly. My last replacement was in May, 2016...I can walk for the first time without pain in 10+ years; already walking 1 1/2 miles a day and expect to keep improving. I found him to be kind, caring, and willing to explain anything I had questions about.

April 6th, 2016
Great Job!!
Dr. Mahoney did two joint replacements on me, both replacements went very good, I would highly recommend Dr. Mahoney, he believes in physical therapy to reduce recovery time!!

November 12th, 2013
Total Knee Replacement
Dr. Mahoney was the surgeon for my Total Knee Replacement. Prior to the Knee Replacement he performed an arthroscopy on my knee which went well. The knee replacement was not successful; I am in constant pain since the surgery which was several years ago. When I spoke with him about this he became very defensive and refused to help me figure out what was causing the pain so it could be alleviated. I would not recommend Dr. Mahoney. An effective doctor would assist is patient in finding out a solution, or at least a reason for the pain.

April 22nd, 2009
Dr Mahoney is the best!
Dr Mahoney is one of the finest physicians I've ever had the fortune to meet. He possesses a phenomenal bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients and their families. He is a wonderful surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who wants the best of care.