A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Craig McClain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Craig McClain is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McClain
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. McClain Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Craig McClain, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Anorexia (Loss of Appetite)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
- Liver Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. McClain graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. McClain has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery
- University Hospital
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Louisville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Craig J McClain MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Craig J. McClain practice?
- Dr. Craig McClain has 2 office locations.
Dr. Craig McClain practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Louisville, KY.
See Louisville Internists and Louisville Gastroenterologists.