Craig R Metzger MD Patient Reviews

3.0

June 12th, 2014
Incompetent
I broke my wrist skiing in Utah and had Dr Metzger monitor my broken wrist and took x rays every month as I was in Arizona for the winter. When I returned home to Utah my hand doctor said I had to have it rebroken because it didn't heal right. Dr Metzger completely failed to tell me that the wrist was slipping as he monitored my x rays every month. Truly he is incompetent.

February 13th, 2013
Never have I ever waited over an hour for a doctor to enter my room....this is no exaggeration. My appointment was 1145 and it is mow 107...this is ridiculous. I am now late for work.

February 9th, 2012
My Hero
Hit by a red light runner in 1999. Hospital was going to take my arm and without Metzger I would have lost it long ago. Surgery 28 is coming up on Feb 17th and he is the ONLY one I completely trust. Thanks Doc.

April 22nd, 2011
Frustrated
I went into see Dr. Metzger with groin pain, lateral hip pain and stiffness. I had been misdiagnosed with a groin strain for 11 years which got progressively worse. Dr. Metzger at first seemed very caring and ordered a CT Scan. It took a month to get an appointment to find out about my CT Scan. Also, it was a VERY long wait to see him both times I went in. Then he said I had hip impingement and needed arthroscopy for my hip, and he would refer me to a doctor to help me. After a month I never had a referral and was in pain with young children. I called and they still had not found anyone to refer me to. So, I started looking on the internet and calling around to find a hip arthroscopic surgeon. After seeing 2, I found out I have hip dysplasia, arthritis, bone spurs to name a few. Arthroscopy would not help enough, and I needed hip replacement at a young age. I have went to 5 docs for opinions now,and the consesus is I would need hip replacement for pain relief as no meds help and arthroscopy may relieve some of the pain. Now I am limping and can barely sit or bend over, so must make a choice. Dr. Metzger's office NEVER called with a referral, took a long time to return calls and did not care I was in pain and needed to find a solution. Oh, and by the way, the CT scan was ALOT of useless radiation as no other hip doctor wanted to see a CT scan and just wanted to see an Xray. I truly wish he was right that I just needed arthroscopy, but not one other doctor was optimistic it could help. One arthroscopic surgeon said he would try, I would be on crutches 6 weeks or more, may still have a limp, and may or may not help. Only total hip replacement would help.