Dr. Craig Mines MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 21st, 2016
Mr
I had the pleasure of taking care of many of Dr Mine's patients when I worked on the surgical floor, so I saw his results and his honest approach to patients. So when it came time after my motorcycle accident to find an Orthopedics I didn't have enough to look far! Dr Mines saw me and took care of my knee and shoulder and even called Dr Traubb to see me to continue the treatment I needed outside of his pervue. When I fell and broke my arm recently I called his office. His staff who are second to none, set me up to see him the next morning. They did xrays and Dr Mines saw me and started me on a healing and recovery process. His kindness, empathy, humor and attitude alone assist in healing! I am an ER Nurse and I refer all my Orthopedics patients to Dr Mines. I trust him with every one of my bones and his staff will help any way they can. I believe as a patient and as a healthcare provider that our community is lucky and blessed that he is one of us! Thank you Dr Mines for all you do.

October 28th, 2016
Staff
I love Dr. Mines. He is very thorough and personable.....love him. My issue is the staff. I have been trying for a week to schedule a 6 week therapy session with a therapy facility. I am required to have a referral letter sent to the therapy facility. I have called the office 3 times and I still have not gotten into therapy 2 weeks later - so I have lost 2 weeks out of my 6 to recover. I am extremely frustrated. The same problem occurred with my MRI schedule: I was scheduled at 2 different locations - mass confusion. HELP!!!!!!!

July 16th, 2015
My emergency
When a fall resulted in a visit to the emergency room, I was referred to Dr. Mines. His staff said he was booked but they would look at my x rays and get back to me. A short time later I received a call, the receptionist told me to come to the office and they would work me in but I may have to wait a bit. I waited about 30 minutes. Dr Mines spent the time to explain the surgery I needed and his assistant set me up for surgery the next day. I am really grateful that they worked me in even though it may have caused other patients to have to wait longer. I heard one of the staff apologizing to another patient and explained that the office had a couple of emergencies come in that day. Apparently, the office does its best to work in those emergencies as that patient said they had been an emergency too several months earlier. Thank you for taking care of me.

June 28th, 2015
Hip replacement
At age 9, my parents was told I had Hip Dysplasia & would need a hip replacement when I got older. I had seen other doctors who said I weighed too much to have a hip replacement. After seeing Dr. Mines for about year & 50#lbs lighter, we reviewed results from my MRI & we agreed that nothing else could relieve my excruciating pain except surgery. Dr. Mines was the only doctor that was willing to do my surgery since I was still 300+ #lbs. He even had the patience to reschedule my surgery twice do to my fault for being extremely late. Ten days after my surgery I was diagnosed as doing extremely well. Thanks to God & Dr. Mines, I have never felt better.

April 22nd, 2015
Seek care elsewhere!
Dr. Mines office staff are unprofessional and rude. In my opinion his office deals too much in the quantity of patients vs the quality of care they give. The man that removed my staples after my knee surgery did so in the X-ray room after asking me to pull my pants down rather than stepping out and giving me disposable shorts to change into. I felt violated and my husband (who wasn't with me at the time) was livid.

September 12th, 2014
Worse Doctor's Office Experience
I made an appointment for 2:50PM on Friday. Thursday afternoon shortly before 5PM, I got a voicemail from the office asking me to call them the next morning. I was worried they were going to cancel my appointment. When I called, I was placed on hold off an on for 10 minutes and when the lady came on line, she wanted my insurance information. Really? I was nervous about the appointment and a friend also took off work to go with me. We arrive on time to the appointment. I had to complete a serious of paperwork because it had been a year since I had been to see him. The nurse called me back to the window to ask me to hurry because they wanted to "expedite" me to see the doctor. I smiled and said "I'm all for expediting. I completed the paperwork and had it in their hands by 2:55. I then waited until 3:30 and went to ask when I would see the doctor. I thought it was odd since she had indicated it would be any minute when I completed my paperwork. She explained that the doctor was busy and had to go to surgery that night. I told her that I had taken off work and a friend had take off work and that we really needed to see the doctor and she assured me there would be no problem - that there were 3 people ahead of me. I was told "everyone came in at once." I said "how is that possible when we have appointment?" There was no answer. Learning that it would be at least 4:00 before I could even see the doctor my friend had to leave. During this time, people came in after me and went back before me. I though it was odd. After all, when I had made my appointment I was offered 2:50 or 3:45 so I knew they had other appointments after me. By 4:30 I was the only person in the waiting room and had been for quite some time. An x-ray tech came to get me - you could tell she was tired and unenthused - she didn't so much as crack a smile and seemed to feel I owed her a debt of gratitude for even taking my x-ray. I was then put in a room. Where I sat for maybe 15 minutes. When the doctors assistant came into the room and explained to me that the doctor had left an hour ago. It all made sense. I told him that I had seen the doctor with my own eyes when I had arrive at the time of my appointment and he said the doctor had been there at that time but had since left for a surgery. I then told him I thought I would like to leave. He said "its not unusual to have a wait when you go see a doctor." I told him I had been there for 2 hours and never even got to see the doctor, that I though this was unusual. It was only at that time that he said he was sorry. I wanted to discuss a specific surgery that I had spoken to the doctor about a year ago. I then asked him what would happen with my insurance. He said "we won't charge you." I told him they had charged me 2 hours ago when I arrived. I asked him if I could have my x-rays and he said it would take a few minutes for them to burn them on a disc. So I sat and waited for only about 5 minutes when someone came to get me. This was a nice apologetic older lady. She asked for my debit card to reimburse me - I walked to the front desk and gave it to her. They couldn't get the machine to work so they gave me cash. I was the last person in the office. I heard the doctor's assistant on the phone at the front desk with someone saying that the last patient of the day was leaving right now. That would be me. I asked for my disc of x-rays and asked if he had let anyone know that I needed them. A woman in her late 30's with longer dark hair that looked like she had a rough life and wished that she was anywhere but there said "he did, but we are all busy and haven't had time to get them for you yet." So I think to myself. I'm the last patient, I've been sitting in the room for 5 minutes - why? I simply replied "keep them." I have never felt so completely disregarded by a doctors office before. It was wrong of them to know that I wanted to see the doctor and to let me wait an entire hour after he left before they told me. I'm left puzzled wondering why? Why did they choose me to do this to? Why did they intentionally send other patients in front of me and be deceitful about the doctor leaving when I had specifically said I wanted to see him? What did they have to gain from taking hours of my time? They simply were thoughtless, and with the exception of the older woman at the front desk - they were rude and tired and ready for the day to be over and couldn't give a crap that I took off work without pay to drive an hour to see them. That my friend had taken off work as a business owner and driven from midtown to be with me because I was so nervous about the appointment. They had no regard for the patient experience and with something as major as an orthopedic surgeon, you have to have it together. This is a service you will need your whole life. Take my advice, don't start with Dr. Mines. They lack in the care department and are only worried about herding patients like cattle for dollars. I'm thankful that I saw this side of his staff and his practice. I keep thinking what would have happened if I took the later appointment? Or if I would have gotten there really early and had my paperwork done when they started rushing me?

December 5th, 2011
Dr. Mines bedside manner is one of the best I've seen in my 46 years. He takes the time to explain the condition and gives realistic treatment remedies that help make your informed decisions very easy! The office staff is kind and courteous and always attentive. We wholeheartedly reccommend Dr. Mines to anyone needing a qualified and experienced ortho doctor!