Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Slocum Orthopedics
55 Coburg Rd
Eugene, OR 97401
541-485-8111
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Mar 29th, 2013

Craig Mohler did several surgeries on my right hip. After the last surgery my incision scabbed up and wouldn't heal. I went to another doctor and it was determined that I had actual dirt coming out of my surgical site. In three years of seeing him I had to have two revisions and three surgeries related to the revisions. The fourth year I went to another doctor that did another revision to fix what Dr. Mohler broke. Hip surgeries are never easy. Nobody should have to have three of them in four years. The recovery time is long, painful, and depressing. I lost everything because of this. Craig Mohler made bank because of this. There is no legal recourse. Every lawyer I have talked to from Portland,Salem, Bend, Medford, and every place else in the state of Oregon claim that taking my case would be a conflict of interest. Do you really want to see a doctor who has free range to do whatever he likes to his patients without having to be responsible for anything? What happened to me was life threatening, and it could happen to you too.

|  one awesome doctor!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

he is kind, funny and knowledgeble! kept me informed on every visit, genuine concern for my well being. thanks doc for the awesome job on my knee!

|  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

I see the "doctor" Mohler ha not changed over the years. I had a total hip replacement with him approx. 9 years ago. After the surgery, while in the hospital I could'nt help notice that all the other hip replacement patients were doing so much better than me (I was 32 and the other patients were much older). I had quit a bit of pain when walking with crutches. Now here comes the good part. After 2 weeks I went back to him to get the stitches taken out (bu the nurse of course) Dr. Mohler comes in to check out my progress, then casually mentions that during the operation, while trying to insert the prosthetic, he broke my femur. Consequently, my operation took a lot longer because they had to find another prosthetic AND set the femur. We were not informed of this until two weeks after the operation. Needles to say, I did have some complications in healing from this ordeal. Overall, I would suggest you look long and hard at his reviews before you call him for a consultaion on ANY operation....knee, hip, whatever.