Dr. Craig Mohler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

November 28th, 2016
I can't say enough about how extremely satisfied with both TKR. I even have several business cards with me at times for recommendations. I was scared going into the first surgery because I'm such a pain baby. Dr. spent as much time as I wanted each time I saw him and answered every question to the point that I understood and told me things I didn't think to ask. He never rushed and he made me feel comfortable about the surgery. I have been in surgery several times through my life and I have to say these two had the best results. A friend had each of her knees done about a month before each of mine. Weeks to months after each she was still using crutches or walkers. Two weeks after the first surgery I was walking, doing stairs, uneven ground, etc. with no assistance. Two days after the second surgery I was mobile without assistance. Second time's the charm. I would forego surgery if Dr. Mohler couldn't do it. I look forward to my 2 year follow-up.

June 15th, 2016
Made my knee replacement knee lnger than the other one!

March 26th, 2015
Typical
Dr. Mohler is nice and he performed a satisfactory knee replacement on a friend of mine. I have seen him three times and now am thinking of letting him do TKRs on both my knees. I do have reservations, though. Like many physicians, he does not listen. I asked him three times in our most recent visit about nontypical nerve pain I was having in my knee area and he brushed it off. I suppose if you're a surgeon, every problem is a surgical problem, even problems that don't fit the "needs knee replacement" criteria. I don't want to go through a TKR and still be left with the nerve pain. I am seeking a second opinion. Also, prior treatments were very painful and ineffective. That might not be his fault, but it doesn't instill confidence when he won't look into--or is incapable of hearing--my serious, related issues. Dr. Mohler promised my friend he would manage her post operative pain. It was a big concern for her, and they discussed it at length (length being a relative term: he doesn't stay with anybody a second longer than he has to. It's the way things are nowadays.) But she had horrible pain afterwards. There were other factors that contributed to her suffering, but Mohler's pre-sales pledge was to alleviate her suffering and, once the sale was made, he did not keep his promise. This worries me. I'll update my review (if this site lets me) if I go ahead and have surgery with him. post script: Some of the office staff are pretty dim. One office assistant--who works in an orthopaedic practice, remember--asked me why I had two canes. !?! "Because I have two bad knees," I answered, but what I should have said was, "Think hard: What possible reason would a person have to use two canes?" Or, as a friend suggested, "One is to help me walk, the other is to poke people who ask stupid questions."

June 28th, 2012
one awesome doctor!
he is kind, funny and knowledgeble! kept me informed on every visit, genuine concern for my well being. thanks doc for the awesome job on my knee!