Dr. Craig Mohler, MD
Hip & Knee Arthritis, Mechanisms of Failure of Total Joint Replacements, Total Hip & Knee Replacements Specialist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Typical show details Typical
by Vi on Mar 26th, 2015

Dr. Mohler is nice and he performed a satisfactory knee replacement on a friend of mine. I have seen him three times and now am thinking of letting him do TKRs on both my knees. I do have reservations, though. Like many physicians, he does not listen. I asked him three times in our most recent visit about nontypical nerve pain I was having in my knee area and he brushed it off. I suppose if you're a surgeon, every problem is a surgical problem, even problems that don't fit the "needs knee replacement" criteria. I don't want to go through a TKR and still be left with the nerve pain. I am seeking a second opinion. Also, prior treatments were very painful and ineffective. That might not be his fault, but it doesn't instill confidence when he won't look into--or is incapable of hearing--my serious, related issues. Dr. Mohler promised my friend he would manage her post operative pain. It was a big concern for her, and they discussed it at length (length being a relative term: he doesn't stay with anybody a second longer than he has to. It's the way things are nowadays.) But she had horrible pain afterwards. There were other factors that contributed to her suffering, but Mohler's pre-sales pledge was to alleviate her suffering and, once the sale was made, he did not keep his promise. This worries me. I'll update my review (if this site lets me) if I go ahead and have surgery with him. post script: Some of the office staff are pretty dim. One office assistant--who works in an orthopaedic practice, remember--asked me why I had two canes. !?! "Because I have two bad knees," I answered, but what I should have said was, "Think hard: What possible reason would a person have to use two canes?" Or, as a friend suggested, "One is to help me walk, the other is to poke people who ask stupid questions."

one awesome doctor! show details one awesome doctor!
Jun 28th, 2012

he is kind, funny and knowledgeble! kept me informed on every visit, genuine concern for my well being. thanks doc for the awesome job on my knee!