Neurological Surgeons

10 Union Ave
Syracuse, NY 13203
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Jul 12th, 2013

A complete jerk. Does not care about his patients. Will not think outside the box. Will not work with your insurance to get you the care he prescribes. Will not take time with you. Wouldn't take my car to him. Pompous,uncaring, self righteous, googlie eyed SOB.

|  surgery was better than I expected! minus losing my voice permanent, that I was not told about!  |  show details
by richard wallace on Jul 9th, 2013

Dr. Montgomery was a great surgeon, he understood my pain that I was having. He made me feel comfortable and at ease about the surgery. . Itsbeen aalmost three weeks and half my issues have been relived, from severe pain. THE only thing I was not told by the ananesthesia ologist wasa chance I would nevee get my voice back!!!!! Very upset about that one thing! But the surgeon was very professional In all ways possible!

|  spinal fusion  |  show details
by Donna Clark on Jul 9th, 2013

I had surgery with Dr. Montgomery in March 2012 for a spinal fusion. I was very satisfied with his work, which relieved me of bad headaches that I was having. Today (7/9/2013) I called to make an appointment with him as I am having severe back pain, pain in my legs and at times numbness in my legs. There are times when I can barely walk. Dr. L.Warnowicz recommended that I return to Dr.M. as she feels my back may have the same problem as I was having in my neck.When I called I was told I couldn't get in to see him till Oct.2013. What I am suppose to do in the mean time????????????? The ratings I checked were from my other visit!!

|  Terrible after care  |  show details
by D1 on Jun 6th, 2013

Once Dr.Montgomery completed my TLIF fusion he was through. Terrible post op/after care, no follow up,wait forever to get an appointment after surgery,wait forever to hear results and discuss tests results. Have to call and call and call to get any response from Doctor. Slow follow up on needed information for insurance companies. VERY VERY busy office so you wait for hours in waiting room, then Dr spends zero time with you, never looks you in the eye or actually examines you. Late follow ups lead to recovery problems not being discovered until it is too late to provide needed treatment. Patient is on his/her own to find post surgery care,medicines,recovery programs and diagnose symptoms. If your surgery goes 100% according to the book, you're all set. If you have ANY complications...you're on your own.

Feb 15th, 2013

I highly recommend dr. Montgomery! He is absolutely incredible. His staff is very friendly and works quickly to get back to you by phone when needed. Your appointments are always right on time. I had a spinal fusion done and I'm very pleased. I would like to thank dr montgomery and his team of residents who took good care of me during surgery and during my stay at the hospital. The residents checked on me frequently and did everything possible to make me comfortable. Best hospital experience ever ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for truly showing that you care. God bless you all.

|  Grateful  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Montgomery by a radiologist. I asked her if she knew of a doctor that would be willing to operate on me. Originally I had surgery for colon cancer and the cancer had freakishly spread to my spine. Dr. Montgomery operated on me November 5, 2010. I am still healthy and doing well. I can't thank the doctors that diagnosed me and operated on me enough. I literally owe my life to Dr. Montgomery saying that he was willing to surgically remove the cancerous bone and build an artificial spine for me. I would like to thank everyone else that was in the surgery room with him.

|  Staff and respect of patients terrible!  |  show details
by Been there on May 8th, 2012

Staff is rude and uncaring, they do not care how much pain you are in at all. Doctor does not listen or care about what you have to say. does not explain procedures,does not listen to your symptoms, just another dollar sign and hurry up about it!

|  two years and going strong  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

After being bullied by another orthopedic doctor in town I sought out Dr. Montgomery on the advice of a friend. I have to say that I was completely happy with all aspects of his practice and felt comfortable that my overall well being was cared for. I had two disks replaced in my neck and had lost quite a bit of feeling in my arms. I am now at the two year mark and am very happy I entrusted myself to him. I would recommend him to anyone (and have) who would like to be treated respectfully and with great skill. Any wait (and we all have one...) is well worth it!

|  over see staff !!!!  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2011

had to wait 4 months for date of surgery. I do not think appt. staff realizes the pain most pts. are in. After calling office to set up a surgery date five times I was finially given a date of four months out. Was told this was normal waiting time. While I do believe the DR. is a very good surgeon I am not a fan of his staff.

Feb 27th, 2010

I needed another surgery after having surgery by another surgeon in town. My outcome with another operation was excellent and I recommend him to all.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
by Patient from Syracuse, NY on Mar 20th, 2009

I've had no problem with appointments or surgery with Dr. Montgomery and after surgery I didn't think I would ever feel this good again. Excellent Dr. and Staff is very helpful and get back to me very quickly!

|  DR CRAIG MONTGOMERY  |  show details
by SHYGRRL on Aug 30th, 2008

DR MONTGOMERY IS A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR BUT IT TAKES HIS OFFICE BETWEEN 2-4 WEEKS AFTER YOU SEE HIM TO MAKE YYOU ANOTHER APPT, EVEN IF HE TELLS YOU HE NEEDS YOU BACK IN 2 WEEKS THAT 2 WEEKS TURNS INTO A MONTH LATER. IT HAS TAKEN ME 4 MONTHS ALMOST JUST TO GET INTO SEE HIM 3 TIMES AND BE TOLD I HAVE TO TALK TO ANOTHER SURGEON ABOUT HAVING SURGERY. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIS OFFICE TO CALL THAT OTHER DR AND MAKE THE APPT AND THEN I HAVE TO WAIT FOR POSSIBLE 4-8 WEEKS TO HAVE THE SURGERY. SO WHAT TURNED OUT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A OPERATION DURNING SUMMER NOW TURNED INTO A OPERATION IN THE WINTER. I HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO SEE HIM AND DRIVING THAT FAR IN THE WINTER CAN BE DANGEROUS. WHAT TO DO?????

May 29th, 2008

Knowlegeable in all aspects of spine disease. Worked with me to try non operative treatment first. Ultimately, I needed surgery which went well as out-patient. Great physician and would recommend highly.

Mar 21st, 2008

Had cervical disc disease. Surgery eliminated most if not all of my problems.