Overall Review

June 17th, 2016
I think the world of Dr. Montgomery! Even though the wait times can be lengthy at times, if you want the best, it's worth the wait! I had a couple high risk surgeries, C3-C7, and he totally put me at ease, because I had full confidence in his ability. He was totally upfront with me. He was right on the money regarding pain, recovery, everything. He operated on my husbands back several years prior, and he's still doing wonderful. I'd trust him with any future surgical needs I might have, but judging by the great job he did, it's not likely I'll be seeing him again, anytime soon:)

March 4th, 2015
As long as you stay on top of things.....
Initial waiting was 2.5 hours long. Service after initial eval has been great, direct and without much wait. Kind an courteous. I recommend that if you want it that way that you are proactive and reach out to the staff as nicely as possible. They are super busy all of the time yet took the time to locate information and talk to insurance companies for me. My surgery was excellent and I am really please with the outcome. Dr. Montgomery is very nice and explained all my issues. Excellent surgeon.

July 9th, 2013
surgery was better than I expected! minus losing my voice permanent, that I was not told about!
Dr. Montgomery was a great surgeon, he understood my pain that I was having. He made me feel comfortable and at ease about the surgery. . Itsbeen aalmost three weeks and half my issues have been relived, from severe pain. THE only thing I was not told by the ananesthesia ologist wasa chance I would nevee get my voice back!!!!! Very upset about that one thing! But the surgeon was very professional In all ways possible!

June 6th, 2013
Terrible after care
Once Dr.Montgomery completed my TLIF fusion he was through. Terrible post op/after care, no follow up,wait forever to get an appointment after surgery,wait forever to hear results and discuss tests results. Have to call and call and call to get any response from Doctor. Slow follow up on needed information for insurance companies. VERY VERY busy office so you wait for hours in waiting room, then Dr spends zero time with you, never looks you in the eye or actually examines you. Late follow ups lead to recovery problems not being discovered until it is too late to provide needed treatment. Patient is on his/her own to find post surgery care,medicines,recovery programs and diagnose symptoms. If your surgery goes 100% according to the book, you're all set. If you have ANY complications...you're on your own.

February 15th, 2013
I highly recommend dr. Montgomery! He is absolutely incredible. His staff is very friendly and works quickly to get back to you by phone when needed. Your appointments are always right on time. I had a spinal fusion done and I'm very pleased. I would like to thank dr montgomery and his team of residents who took good care of me during surgery and during my stay at the hospital. The residents checked on me frequently and did everything possible to make me comfortable. Best hospital experience ever ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for truly showing that you care. God bless you all.

May 8th, 2012
Staff and respect of patients terrible!
Staff is rude and uncaring, they do not care how much pain you are in at all. Doctor does not listen or care about what you have to say. does not explain procedures,does not listen to your symptoms, just another dollar sign and hurry up about it!

May 19th, 2011
two years and going strong
After being bullied by another orthopedic doctor in town I sought out Dr. Montgomery on the advice of a friend. I have to say that I was completely happy with all aspects of his practice and felt comfortable that my overall well being was cared for. I had two disks replaced in my neck and had lost quite a bit of feeling in my arms. I am now at the two year mark and am very happy I entrusted myself to him. I would recommend him to anyone (and have) who would like to be treated respectfully and with great skill. Any wait (and we all have one...) is well worth it!

January 16th, 2011
over see staff !!!!
had to wait 4 months for date of surgery. I do not think appt. staff realizes the pain most pts. are in. After calling office to set up a surgery date five times I was finially given a date of four months out. Was told this was normal waiting time. While I do believe the DR. is a very good surgeon I am not a fan of his staff.

February 27th, 2010
I needed another surgery after having surgery by another surgeon in town. My outcome with another operation was excellent and I recommend him to all.

March 20th, 2009
Excellent Doctor!
I've had no problem with appointments or surgery with Dr. Montgomery and after surgery I didn't think I would ever feel this good again. Excellent Dr. and Staff is very helpful and get back to me very quickly!

August 30th, 2008
DR CRAIG MONTGOMERY
DR MONTGOMERY IS A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR BUT IT TAKES HIS OFFICE BETWEEN 2-4 WEEKS AFTER YOU SEE HIM TO MAKE YYOU ANOTHER APPT, EVEN IF HE TELLS YOU HE NEEDS YOU BACK IN 2 WEEKS THAT 2 WEEKS TURNS INTO A MONTH LATER. IT HAS TAKEN ME 4 MONTHS ALMOST JUST TO GET INTO SEE HIM 3 TIMES AND BE TOLD I HAVE TO TALK TO ANOTHER SURGEON ABOUT HAVING SURGERY. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIS OFFICE TO CALL THAT OTHER DR AND MAKE THE APPT AND THEN I HAVE TO WAIT FOR POSSIBLE 4-8 WEEKS TO HAVE THE SURGERY. SO WHAT TURNED OUT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A OPERATION DURNING SUMMER NOW TURNED INTO A OPERATION IN THE WINTER. I HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO SEE HIM AND DRIVING THAT FAR IN THE WINTER CAN BE DANGEROUS. WHAT TO DO?????

May 29th, 2008
Knowlegeable in all aspects of spine disease. Worked with me to try non operative treatment first. Ultimately, I needed surgery which went well as out-patient. Great physician and would recommend highly.