Dr. Craig Neleson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 16th, 2015
Forget trying to get an Apt. With Dr. Craig Neleson in Frisco, TX
I have been a patient of Dr Craig Neleson for several years now. He is a great doctor if you can get in to see him. His staff rarely answers the phone and rarely calls me back. For as long as I have been going to Dr. Neleson, they are always not calling back patients and staff says that they are having difficulty with the phone lines. The phone lines being down issue has been going on for years. If there's a problem with the phone lines, get them fixed. Patients suffer when they do not hear back from the office staff. If the Staff does not return calls and does not answer the phone -HOW are we suppose to get in to see Dr. Neleson? Your better off, finding another dr.

July 3rd, 2015
Best Doctor
Dr. Neleson is by far the most thorough doctor whom I've ever seen. He took his time explaining my diagnosis and treatment plan options in a caring and professional manner. I would definitely recommend him for pain management.

April 7th, 2015
never again!
I don't know where to begin. It would appear that he just calls himself a physiatrist because it adds a nice ring to his label as a pill pusher/pain doc. I need a rehab doc as well as a pain doc. I cannot speak clearly. He did not want to address me, but had my mobility- challenged husband come in, because he could TALK. STRIKE 1. He then proceeded to address my husband. While i was busily typing a message for HIM on my kindle, he nicely asked me to pay attention to him. STRIKE 2. Then i stated that i would like a pain shot for my aching hip. He said "sure." Then, at checkout, the person said, we only do pain injections on x days, when would you like to come in. I said i thought it was just a simple shot and why did i have to come back. Silly me. I didn't think about billing twice. She said "oh, you just want a trigger point injection. Sure. Now's fine." Then the other woman shook her head No. At which point i gave her the follow up appointment card back and left. So much for Dr. Neleson. Back to my orthopedic surgeons office for me.

March 14th, 2015
The biggest complaint I have is that Dr. Neleson's staff is not very friendly. In fact, I have heard them talking bad about and mocking other patients before, which is completely unprofessional. When I call, they are often short with me. Wait time is usually 40 minutes or so, and Dr. Neleson only spends about 2 minutes with me. He doesn't even ask how I'm doing or anything--just rushes in, maybe asks a question, and then walks out without even saying anything, so I usually find myself wondering if the appointment is over. I'm uncomfortable every time I go into his office. Needless to say, I will be switching providers as soon as possible.

March 11th, 2015
Dr. Neleson -Precision Pain Care Review!
Dr. Neleson is a very good pain management doctor. He is probably the most thorough pain doctor that I have ever had. He takes his time to discuss your issues in detail. He makes sure he does the exact procedure that is best for you ...and it will be the right procedure. Getting in to get the procedure done is not as fast or easy as I would like... Especially when I'm in pain. The reason I did not give Dr. Neleson more stars is because his Assistant Jen is not very professional. Several times she never flowed through on making an appointment to get my procedure scheduled. It took me one month to get my last procedure scheduled. And on the visit before I finally got my procedure scheduled... Then when I was leaving, I overheard Jen telling the receptionist in an over exaggerated manner ...quote... that "I pushed pushed until I got an appointment." How unprofessional on her part. Of course I needed to schedule an appointment ...because it was taking her too long to even call the insurance co. to get the ok to do my procedure. So I had to keep calling her and leaving messages for her to call me back. I could not get Jen to call me back for a few weeks... So I gave up and drove over unannounced to the doctors office to see her in person. The receptionist was not answering the phones or calling me back. There was a change in the staff , however, as a member of Dr. neleson's staff-Jen's personality is abrupt and unprofessional. I would have given Dr. Neleson * * * * (4 stars) has he not had a better assistant.

February 20th, 2014
Always Courteous
I have been going to Dr. Neleson for years. He has always been considerate of my needs. He helped me to remain working with his injections and medications.

February 6th, 2014
Great physician
Great care from doctor and his staff is outstanding. I felt that Dr. Neleson truly cares for your well being, not just with meds but he is honestly concerned with your mental health and physical problems. He is very good at the procedures. I thank God he takes care of me.

February 10th, 2012
Great Dr
I have been a patient of Dr Nelesons for over a year. I have extensive problems with my back from an accident over 14 years ago. He is extremely knowledgeable and his staff is wonderful. I have never waited over 30 min and he still spends the same amt of time with me, I never feel rushed. He listens to me, makes suggestions that he believes may help. I can see how he may make people feel intimidated but thats just because he is an intellectual and I think truly wants you to understand. I find that if I don't understand I ASK HIM TO EXPLAIN FURTHER AND HE WILL HAPPILY. He will help you if you help yourself. Don't go to him just for pain meds he will call you out on it, don't waste his time, but if you truly need help with your pain management he is your Dr.

October 14th, 2011
He's the best in Texas
He's the best pain doc I've ever been too. He doesn't play around with surgery and recommend costly unnecessary treatments or meds. I've worked with him for about 6 years now and I don't plan to change. Yes, he does seem to have a problem relating to people- but have you ever known any one who was so intelligent that they were probably picked on and that led to the loss of compassion-- or seeming loss of compassion. He is a human and when I really got to know him it just confirmed my dedication to this amazing man. I've had to pick a new family physician every year because of my insurance - but I made sure he was on that insurance because I wouldn't trust anyone else! He has my best interests at heart and he remembers who I am as a patient and provides the most pain free care he can. A dedicated believer!

August 16th, 2011
Won't be going back.
As a patient of Dr. Neleson for two years, I can attest to the fact that the standard of care I've received has consistently gone downhill. As other reviewers have stated, Dr. Neleson does seem to disregard what other physicians have had to say about diagnoses. He has no bedside manner and seems to disregard what I have to say. When I first began seeing him, he was much more helpful but as his practice has grown, so has his ego. He is a smart man, that much is obvious. However, I am smart woman and do not appreciate being looked down upon. One reviewer stated that they left his office feeling "like a stupid idiot who didnt deserve any compassion". I completely get that; I've felt that way many, many times. I intend to find another physician. I do not need the extra stress nor do I need yet another physician that judges me.

August 10th, 2011
Thank You for being wonderful!
I must say that I think Dr neleson is a wonderful man. Now...if you are some pill head and are trying to get a fix..he is gonna call you out. But for people with legitamite chronic pain, he has been great. He does act very serious when u first meet him and to be honest, I thought he didn't like me one bit but I am so glad I stuck with him. Although one of my shots didn't work as well as I hoped, he asked me if I woukd like to try another and I said yes. He was so careful during my injections and is very smart. He will giggle if you misunderstand something or don't understand what he is saying (HE IS VERY book smart and sometimes I get lost with the medical terms)...but I honestly think its humorous and I understand that's just his personality. He does care and does want to help people. Thank you Dr neleson for being so wonderful as I had to leave town for the funeral of my family member with cancer. I won't ever forget that and am forever grateful.- J.M.

June 20th, 2011
Wow..
I dont know who those other reviewers saw (who just happened to review about the same day) but the Dr I saw has no bedside manner whatsoever. If you try to say anything about what a previous Dr diagnosed you with, he smirks at you and cuts you off mid sentence. If you cant afford your injections..you better look for someone else to treat you. To be honest...i think its amazing that he supposedly studied phychology. Really? Anyways...he seems to have a strong dislike for people and judges people rather quick. I do not know why this man got into pain management. Does he not realize that his behavior only makes the already rather depressing life of a chronic pain patient much much worse? Totally left his office feeling like a stupid idiot who didnt deserve any compassion.