Dr. Craig Pepin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Craig Pepin?

Wanted to remove a healthy gallbladder!

Posted on June 27th, 2015

I had moderate stomach discomfort and Dr. Pepin was recommended by Seattle Magazine as a top gastroenterologist. Dr Pepin ordered an expensive endoscopy, even though I had one relatively recently. Even though he did not find anything overly disturbing he then recommended a fairly expensive ultrasound. The same day I had the ultrasound he phoned and told me to undergo a gall-bladder removal surgery due to some stones being "present". (even though I did not exhibit symptoms typical of having gallbladder stones) He recommended a surgeon from Polyclinic, which upon checking happened to be relatively a novice. So I end up self-referring to a much more experienced surgeon in a different clinic. Upon carefully examining me, that surgeon was very reluctant to perform a surgery on me, due to the lack of symptoms present when someone has gallbladder stones. She recommended I get a second opinion from a different gastroenterologist, who upon examining ordered a second ultrasound. The second ultrasound in the different clinic has shown no gallstones present ! When confronting Dr Pepin with this new fining, he told me he isn't at fault for urging me to undergo a $30,000+ surgery, since he [blindly ?] relied on the ultrasound to come up with his recommendation (even though he ought to examine me first for the conforming symptoms, instead of rashly calling me by phone and urging me to go under the knife!). He told me he gave me the best care possible, and that I wasn't "nice" for demanding at very least the refund of the initial faulty ultrasound. Furthermore, his employer, the Polyclinic send me a later withdrawing services for me from any of their physicians. (Not that I want to go there, but, far from an apology, I got permanently banned from there for merely asking for one! And that's not how I imagine a respectable doctor and hospital ought to behave!)

Posted on March 21st, 2015

My Doc since 2003. Simply the best.... better than all the rest.

Extremely compassionate doctor

Posted on July 24th, 2009

I would wholeheartedly recommend this doctor. I've been seeing him for 6 years for a mobility problem. He has always been completely honest with what he could and couldn't do for me. He truly cares about his patients, and it is very obvious. He is very professional, courteous, intelligent and caring.

Posted on July 27th, 2017