A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Craig Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Craig Smith is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Craig Smith, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Craig R Smith MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Craig R. Smith practice?
- Dr. Craig Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Craig Smith practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Surgeons.