Surgical Specialist
661 E Altamonte Dr
Suite 120
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
407-331-9595
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 25th, 2011

Use someone else, he is beligerant, and uncaring! Caused other damage.

May 18th, 2011

Staff is horrible except the nurse. Dr. Ruskin is extremely knowlegable and great at what he does. I will take the desensitized staff any day with a Doctor as good as he is. He also saved my brothers life. He has a dry sense of humor but I would probably be the same way if I was in his line of business.

|  Awful experience  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2011

I had a very poor experience with both Dr Ruskin and his office staff, except for the scheduler who is a very nice lady. I had a surgical procedure done and developed complications afterwards with pain and delayed healing.Dr Ruskin always rushed through his exams and seemed annoyed that I had the nerve to not heal properly.He told me that "most patients return to work in 2 weeks following rectal surgery" and kept repeating that when I stated I was in severe pain and continued to have rectal bleeding with every bm.Then he told me to hold my bowel movements in when I was at work, so I wouldn't have to be on narcotics while working!!!! The receptionist at the office is very rude and unprofessional and discusses other patients in front of the patients in the waiting room. I am a medical professional and have never experienced such a lack of compassion and inappropriate behavior !!!! Stay away !!!

Apr 14th, 2011

I was not happy with my procedure/surgery I had.It felt as if I were in a factory line. And I was the next victim. Also before I was sedated, the doctor had injected the scope into my rectum. I thought this was very unprofessional, the whole time the doctor was rushed and scrambling to find his anthesologists to prep me for my surgery. Wait time for surgery was 3 hours after my appt. was scheduled. i will not return to Dr. Ruskin. Ms. Laura Prevesk (patient)

Feb 7th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Ruskin.

Sep 16th, 2010

I had many cases of diverticulitis. Dr. Ruskin was always helpful and after the 4th episode, we decided to have part of my colon removed. I am very happy to have him as my dr. since I've heard many horror stories of damaged intestines, etc. His office staff is awful and very unprofessional, but I would rather have a good surgeon that knows what he is doing than have a nice office person. His nurse, Karen, is also very good.