Dr. Craig Ruskin MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

November 30th, 2012
registered nurse who has taken care of many post op patients of dr ruskin's in ICU
Dr Ruskin is the worst surgeon I have seen in my 6 years as an ICU RN. I would never let him do surgery on me if my life depended on it. I've seen many of his patients become septic, have numerous complications, or die. His bedside manner is horrible and his professionalism is zilch. It's unfortunate that people that don't know the medical field are forced to Be under the care of terrible surgeons like this. Do yourself a favor and find another surgeon.

July 26th, 2011
Use someone else, he is beligerant, and uncaring! Caused other damage.

May 18th, 2011
Staff is horrible except the nurse. Dr. Ruskin is extremely knowlegable and great at what he does. I will take the desensitized staff any day with a Doctor as good as he is. He also saved my brothers life. He has a dry sense of humor but I would probably be the same way if I was in his line of business.

April 20th, 2011
Awful experience
I had a very poor experience with both Dr Ruskin and his office staff, except for the scheduler who is a very nice lady. I had a surgical procedure done and developed complications afterwards with pain and delayed healing.Dr Ruskin always rushed through his exams and seemed annoyed that I had the nerve to not heal properly.He told me that "most patients return to work in 2 weeks following rectal surgery" and kept repeating that when I stated I was in severe pain and continued to have rectal bleeding with every bm.Then he told me to hold my bowel movements in when I was at work, so I wouldn't have to be on narcotics while working!!!! The receptionist at the office is very rude and unprofessional and discusses other patients in front of the patients in the waiting room. I am a medical professional and have never experienced such a lack of compassion and inappropriate behavior !!!! Stay away !!!

February 7th, 2011
I would highly recommend Dr. Ruskin.

September 16th, 2010
I had many cases of diverticulitis. Dr. Ruskin was always helpful and after the 4th episode, we decided to have part of my colon removed. I am very happy to have him as my dr. since I've heard many horror stories of damaged intestines, etc. His office staff is awful and very unprofessional, but I would rather have a good surgeon that knows what he is doing than have a nice office person. His nurse, Karen, is also very good.

August 9th, 2016