3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Dec 23rd, 2015

Dr Seal is also a family physician and homeopath. He is the ONLY doctor I have seen who has ever connected the dots. Even my previous PCP (a doctor of internal medicine) wasn't as good and comprehensive as Dr Seal. If my insurance would allow it, he would be the only doctor I would ever see again.

Oct 19th, 2015

Was running 15 minutes late and called to notify staff was told don't bother you need to reschedule. I explained I teach and cannot get more time off. Very unfriendly staff. Don't really need new patients I guess.

by Cheryl Ireland on Sep 14th, 2015

Dr Seal delivered my last two children. It's been a few years but I loved him. I had asked a friend who her doctor was and she gave me Dr. Seals name. She said, "if you have the time, he's your doctor. If you don't, then keep looking". After seeing him I understood what she was saying. Dr. Seal takes the time with each of his patients. You are more than just another gal. He always came in singing or humming and that helped to lighten the mood if there was any stress going on. As I said, that was a few years ago, 2000 and 2002. He had a great office staff at the time and it was like walking into a room of good friends when I had an appointment. If nothing has changed, then I give him 5 stars.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Jul 20th, 2015

Dr. Seal delivered all 4 of my kids. Love him as a Dr. but dislike the front office, rude, grumpy and unorganized. Doctor seal is innovative smart and has helped me and many of my family members, I truly trust him. Medicine is an art and he is up on all the latest information. Sometimes stressed and over worked makes him human. I would trust him with my life and have more than once...His office staff should be fired and a friendly well managed staff needs to take over, they don't even seem to like each other. I also hate waiting so long, which if managed by an excellent staff could make it all better. I feel sad that some of the reviews are so bad, It just shows that a smiling face and a great staff matter! No Man is an Island....

Practicing medicine show details Practicing medicine
Jul 2nd, 2015

He's a terribly outdated and out of touch physician who should hang it up and no longer practice medicine. In fact, you'd think at his stage of carrer he's have figured a few things out, but he still seems to be "practicing" to be a doctor.

Just don't know show details Just don't know
by Carolyn on Sep 23rd, 2013

I have visited Dr. Seal many times, initially through a recommendation and for help with conception. In the end, the issue was with my husband and not me, but I went through several rounds of hormones, ultrasounds and disappointment before we considered/discovered it. However, after we stopped those cycles, I was treated for low temperature. I followed a strict T3 dosing cycle for the treatment (meds not covered by insurance) for nearly 6 months but it has worked. My temp is always normal now and some other symptoms I've always lived with are gone. I've always felt as though Dr. Seal remembers me, but sometimes he is just too busy. His receptionist is a total bi***, on the phone and in person. I'd love to punch her in the face. The wait times are horrendous, both in the waiting room and the exam rooms. (Especially fun if you're undressed, covered with only paper in a cold room, and on a table!) His MAs are nice though, and for the most part do a good job of keeping up with Dr. Seal's crap and handling our calls. I've had issues with my insurance denying claims though, because their biller uses false diagnosis codes to get visits paid for and used one twice once by mistake and the claim was denied for pre-existing condition... guess who paid for that! I can't bring myself to go back to Dr. Seal. I really liked him, he seemed knowledgeable, but the wait times and worrying about my insurance not going through are too much.

Best doctor ever!! show details Best doctor ever!!
Sep 17th, 2012

I tried to get pregnant for over 12 years, finally did, then I went and saw Dr. Seal for the first time. He was recommended by a friend. He is the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever met. If it wasn't for him, I don't beleive I'd have my baby. He is proactive vs reactive. He is blunt, but very kind. I trust him with mine and my child's life.

Aug 28th, 2012

Dr. Seal told me I probably had cancer before even doing a biopsy. He is irresponsible in his dealing with clients. I have waited at the most 2 hours and at the least 1.5 hours for my appt. Whoever handles billing is careless as I was billed for an expensive procedure I didn't even have (and I had to catch the mistake). And Dr. Seal bills for "excess time" even though he was only in the room with you for 10 minutes. I would never recommend Dr. Seal to anyone.

Horrible show details Horrible
Mar 12th, 2012

I had been going to Dr. Seal for years. He delivered two of my kids. I would and should have left him for my second child, but stayed due to my laziness to switch doctors. He only allowed me to push for 30 minutes and said I don't know how to push effectively and ordered a C-section. Second time also a C-section. I felt both were unnecessary. I believe he is all about making more money. He has repeated treated me with antibiotics and herbal supplements for reoccurring issues that never resolved. Went to a new OBGYN and she figured it out on first visit without any antibiotics. I feel Dr. Seal gives false information at times and is only really interested in how much money he can make.

Nice doc horrible receptionist show details Nice doc horrible receptionist
Nov 16th, 2011

Doctor is great and friendly. Office receptionist is horrible on the phone. She needs to work on her customer service skills. She ruins it for the office.

Please Find a different OBGYN! show details Please Find a different OBGYN!
by Anonymous on May 9th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Please find a different OBGYN! show details Please find a different OBGYN!
May 8th, 2011

I went to Doctor Seal for many years. He was often had Jekyll and Hyde moments. It got so bad that he quit giving me options and began telling me what I was going to do. It ended when he told me he would not perform my surgery because quote "Your insurance won't pay me enough for my time!" Way to care for your patients! It is about the money with him. There are many doctors, more qualified in the Valley that can help you and have a decent bedside manner and some higher morals!

Nov 3rd, 2010

he is great if not the best dr. i have ever been to (and i have been to plenty) he is caring, patient and attentative

Sep 22nd, 2010

He seems to know his stuff, but his office staff and rules leave a lot to be desired. I have changed doctors because of issues with office staff; they used to be great.

Sep 13th, 2010

I would never go to someone else after seeing this Dr. He knows his stuff and makes you feel at ease during your appt. I had another OB turn me away for my symptoms and Dr Seal was able to diagnose me within 5 minutes of seeing him! He is very blunt and if you are looking for someone to sugar coat things- then he is not for you

Harmful advice show details Harmful advice
Feb 10th, 2010

One of the worst doctor I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot! He recommended that I take non regulated herbal supplements to treat my breast cancer, despite the fact that my oncologist had specifically told me NOT to take such supplements because they could interfere with my chemotherapy and radiation. He claimed that these supplements couldn't hurt because they were 'just vitamins'. He also urged me to look up and consider following an unconventional treatment that he read about on the internet to treat my breast cancer. The treatment was listed on 'Quackwatch' as something that was unproven and people were warned against using this to treat cancer. His mannerisms, such as his constant winking, made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I decided not to return to his office, and saw another doctor instead. When I explained to the new doctor why I didn't follow up with my original GYN (Dr. Seal), I didn't mention his name but just told her why I was uncomfortable with him and his advice. She knew his name just from the description. Apparently he has a reputation in the OB community (not a good one). If a patient is not well informed and/or vulnerable, Dr. Seal could easily manipulate them into doing things that could be detrimental to their health. It would seem that he was trying to help them and that he was a caring physician, which is part of what is scary to me. Had I not known everything that I did about breast cancer before going in to see him, I could have been persuaded to take supplements that might have reduced the effectiveness of the chemo and radiation and increased my risk of the cancer spreading or returning.I would strongly recommend that you go elsewhere for OB/GYN treatment!

Apr 20th, 2009

I've had fertility problems and Dr Seal has always been there to help resolve those. I've delivered 3 very healthy babies with him and trust him with my life and the life of my children. I recommended him to a few friends, one of which would have lost her baby if she hadn't gone to him. It' s hard to find a good OB you can trust 100%

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
Aug 2nd, 2008

Dr. Seal delivered my first two children. He was great during visits and always investigated concerns that I had. But, hospital bedside manner was sometimes off. Overall, I enjoyed being his patient. For my 3rd pregnancy I decided to go with a highly recommended office close to my home, but switched doctors at about 18 weeks. The 2nd doctor I switched to wouldn't even acknowledge my worries. So, I decided that I need to go back to Dr. Seal even though it is an hour drive. He may have his moments, but he is a good doctor, who knows what he is doing. And, he is there for you every step of the way!!