Dr. Craig Smentek MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Spokane, WA

• Good
  • Bad

February 11th, 2013
I went in for a test to check if my tubes were blocked. I was told that my options were the old "dye test" done at another facility or a new "bubble test" which was much less painful and could be done right in their office. Of course I chose the less painful option. When I went in for the test I was told this was Dr. Smenteks first time doing this particular test but not to worry. They inflate a balloon in my uterus and have to pull back against the cervix to seal the uterus. He pulled too hard three times and completely pulled the balloon out, which was excruciatingly painful. On the third try, he told his nurse they were going to need to cauterize a tear in my cervix from when the balloon was pulled. He hesitated to try again, then decided to go ahead and this time it was successful. When all was done they told me to go ahead and get dressed and Dr. Smentek, his nurse and the lab tech left the room. I sat up to a tray of blood soaked rags, blood on my legs, blood on the table and blood all over the floor. Now it’s six months later and my new doc has requested my records only to find NO MENTION OF ANY OF THIS. Only that I had this test and it went routine. On top of this, they had the nerve to tell me I must be remembering wrong. Are you kidding me? I remember every last painful detail of that procedure.

November 29th, 2011
Very caring and compassionate. very confident in his abilities. Wonderful doctor.

July 30th, 2009
Easy to talk to
Dr Smentek is caring and easy to talk to. No matter how busy he is, he answers any questions I have, and knows what he is talking about.

April 1st, 2009
I avoided male doctors for several years after having a bad experience when I was younger. After some abnormal results and being referred to Dr. Smentek, I see him for everything now. He makes me feel very comfortable and truly cares.

January 29th, 2015