Dr. Craig Springmeyer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

June 23rd, 2016
Bad Experience
Two months waiting time from appointment to surgery. Had both knees replaced and had permanent nerve damage to leg that was not operated on. Dr. never discussed any treatment options, what injury was or how it occurred. Saw PA (Deborah) who despite other review, I found charming, thoughtful and attractive. Would like to wring Syliva's neck. Cancelled last follow-up and will never return. Am now working with neurosurgeon. That office and physician who performed nerve conduction study, both asked what I had been told about condition and I had to tell them, "nothing!"

March 30th, 2016
I have had nothing but excellent care. I would and do highly recommend him and his staff.

September 24th, 2015
DR. SPRINGMYER IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL AND A KIND DR. HIS NURSE SYLVIA IS ALSO GREAT. HIS PA DEBORAH, LACKS PROFESSIONALISM, SHE NEEDS TO GO TO AN AA MEETING FOR HER RUDENESS, ABRUPTNESS AND ALSO NEEDS ALOT MORE EDUCATION. WOULD NOT GO BACK IF SHE WAS ONLY ONE THERE. MAKE SURE SHE KNOWS WHAT PATIENT IS THERE FOR.

August 20th, 2013
Won't give any other options
I had orthoscopic surgery on my right knee in Monroe, LA a few years back. I was relocating to Shreveport/Bossier and was referred to Dr. Springmeyer. I've been to him twice for the same pain as I'm caught in a catch 22. Can't exercise b/c I hurt too much and have been gaining weight which is not good for my knee. So, obviously I want solutions. But he just looks at me and sends me to rehab which still hurts. He won't give me other options and won't even take the time to speak about any other options.

April 24th, 2012
Excellent surgeon. He has performed surgery on my feet, hand, wrist (broken) and has done a total hip repacement---all with excellent results. He, too, has done surgery on a family member and a couple of friends. Nothing but highest praise from all of us! Also, respected by his peers.

September 16th, 2010
The most courteous staff,friendly, greated me at waiting area with a smile and made me feel i was special. Dr. Springmeyer was soft spoken, kind and very caring. My wait time was very minimal. My time spent with his nurse, Sylvia was informative and fun. she made me feel I was the only patient she had that day and I new she was very busy as I could hear her phone ringing off the wall but she never hurried in taking my history which she did in a very professional manner and covered every area of my problem. From the receptionist to the doctor this was a very pleasant doctors visit.

August 27th, 2010
Dr. Springmeyer and his staff are one of the most caring and efficient doctor's office in town. The reason it takes a long time to get an appointment with him is he is the best and his schedule is always full.

January 14th, 2010
I decided to go to Dr. Springmeyer since i had heard he was wonderful....unfortunately, i was never able to see him! I had rescheduled my appointment 4 times for personal and other health reasons, but DID call in advance to reschedule. not to make excuses, but it was during the holidays and my daughter just had a baby out of state, so i had to travel. i was contacted by the dr. springmeyers office not even an hour before my appointment and told that i should find someone else since i rescheduled 9 TIMES!!!!! i asked the receptionist to check this as it wasn't true....and she corrected herself. also, the last time i was there for my appointment, the dr. was running about an hour behind and gave the patients in the waiting room the option to stay or reschedule....i rescheduled since i had been sitting there over an hour and had other obligations that afternoon! when i was told i should find another dr. she also told me i was taking up someone else's appointment. point understood, which is WHY i had cancelled in advance! i definitely felt that the primary concern was getting someone else's money and not for my well being!!!! i guess this practice is a MONEY MAKING OPERATION!!! i have worked in a dr. office for many years and am very aware of scheduling and mishaps, but the patient should be the primary concern, i apparently was too much of an inconvenience!