Dr. Craig Sweet, MD
Reproductive Endocrinologist, Endocrinologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Amazing  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2014

Amazing place that works magic! The office is high tech with a sleek modern decor. All the equipment is new and state of the art. The entire staff is friendly and professional. All appointments *never* delayed; every one was right on time. Actually, Dr. would not have accepted anything less than perfect. What a wonderful office! What a wonderful experience!

by Jan on Jan 23rd, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Sweet to any couple struggling with infertility. He is highly intelligent and detail oriented, and takes care in working with his patients. He never tried to push us into having any procedure done, but provided us with extensive information and allowed us to make the decision on what was best for us. I trust his care, and truly felt like he cared about me as a patient. He spend ample amount of time explaining everything to us at each visit, and never seemed frustrated with the many questions I asked.

|  My how things have changed  |  show details
by Mel on Jan 8th, 2014

My DH and I had successful IVF with Dr. Sweet in 2011. The staff was wonderful and we would have shouted to the world that Dr. Sweet was the greatest doctor in the world. We were made to feel like we were the only patients they had. Everyone from the check in person to the nurses and lab were so attentive to our needs. The head nurse and laboratory took so much time to speak with us and explain what was going on and put us at ease during the entire process. Jump to August - November 2013 and what a difference. The staff that remains from our first treatment, which is not many, seems miserable. There is a cloud of doom over the entire office. Dr. Sweet seems to be very much on edge and it showed in his mannerisms. This time around we felt like we were a burden. Phone calls were not returned for days if at all. Appointments were rescheduled without reason. We spent more time in the waiting area than we did in the office or procedure rooms. While I am now two years older than I was our first time (34 now) the change in or outcome was drastic. Both Dr. Sweet and Lori blamed me for the outcome of our procedure, but I suspect it is much more than that. The new laboratory staff seemed bothered by us and did not want to discuss why we had such bad results, they just wanted to transfer all of our embryos and be done with it. Someone mentioned in a review below that Dr. Sweet asks his successful patients to rate him online. At my last visit I overheard him speaking with a couple that had become pregnant and he explained to them that in return for getting them pregnant he would like them to,rate him. As we finished up with him we were not asked to do the same.

Doctor's Response

It would certainly seem that there was a perceived difference from what this patient experienced the first time in our practice in 2011 and the second visit in 2013. I can't say that there is a "cloud of doom" hanging over the practice but if we seemed to present to this to the patient, then I truly apologize. I am unable to address the lack of returned phone calls as I am not precisely sure who was responsible but I have discussed this review with my staff who are always trying to improve their customer service skills. I can't say that my ARNP or I would ever "blame" the failed outcome on the patients. Also, when we have a less-than-ideal outcome regarding embryo quality on the day of embryo transfer, this reviewer is absolutely correct that both I and the PhD embryologist hesitate to go into great detail until after the pregnancy test comes back. Over the years, we discussed what might have happened at the time of transfer but it is a very emotional time, it tended to upset the patients and little was often clearly remembered. Most importantly, if the pregnancy test eventually comes back positive, the "less-than-ideal outcome" is essentially forgotten. If the pregnancy test returns negative, however, it is so very important to do a "post-transfer autopsy" and examine the results of all of the recent patients to better understand if it was an issue with my practice/lab or perhaps patient variables. I have never stated to any patient that in return for a pregnancy that they should rate me on sites such as this. First, anyone is able to rate a physician at any time. Second, patients who have gone through the practice for years are often our best critics and will indeed offer constructive criticism. We do encourage our patients that are leaving the practice to consider rating my staff and myself, as they simply know us the best. Interestingly, this reviewer proves my point in that she reviewed me, just as anyone can at any time, without my asking her to do so. I can't help but wonder if the review would have been different with a different second outcome. When she conceived in 2011, we seemed to feel that we did an exceptional job. I am truly sorry that we were unable to help her the second time around but IVF is a precarious process and our failures, as such, keep all of us in the field modest and always trying to do better. I accept the criticism in this review and will try to make certain that the next set of perceptions is more pleasing to all.

|  If success is what you are looking for, look no further  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2013

My husband and I went to Dr. Sweet knowing that I had some genetic issues, after extensive tests we learned I had more issues than thought and my husband also had issues. Obviously this made the process more difficult and more emotional. Dr. Sweet and his staff left no stone unturned to determine the entire situation we were dealing with and what all of our options were. We were given prompt appointments without extensive waiting periods in between. I never waited longer than 10 minutes (rarely) to be called back for an appointment. We met with different members of the staff, each who specialized in their own area and gave us an entire breakdown of what we were looking at and what our options were. All the staff were excellent, friendly and compassionate, always understanding the sensitivity of what we were dealing with. I have never met a more intelligent, competent person than Dr. Craig Sweet. My husband and I are currently 27 weeks pregnant with twins and could not be happier, particularly since there was a time we thought adoption was our only option and we both desperately wanted the experience of making our own babies. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand and cradle you as you cry and tell you everything will be okay and promise absolute success, you may want to look elsewhere. If you are looking for someone who completely understands the issues of infertility and genetics, who is always thinking outside the box to find resolution to help you start your family, who continues to gain education and keep up on the latest breakthroughs of science, and who will explain every detail of your situation, offering you all options that are available to you and promising that he will always do is best, then look no further. Dr. Sweet will not coddle you, he will break it down for you and be completely honest with you. He will not promise false hope and he will always go the extra mile to help your family. I know there are doctors that promise 100% success; they overpromise and underdeliver. I know people who have gone to these doctors and have been repeatedly let down by failures, and then went to Dr. Sweet and had mulitple successful pregnancies with his help. I would not recommend anyone else other than Dr. Craig Sweet to assist anyone looking to start their family.

|  New Mom  |  show details
by Stacy on Jul 26th, 2013

I am a 33 yr old and have 1 15 yr old child and decided to have another because I'm crazy I guess. After trying for 3 yrs and having very bad endometriosis we tried a few fertility clinics in southwest florida that we were very disappointed in, the dr's were very pompous, gave guarantees they couldn't possibly back up and treated you as if you were a number until we met Dr. Sweet in June 2012. Dr. Sweet was great, he was very gentle, he explained all of our options, explained how my endometriosis played into our fertility problems and explained the odds &how the whole IVF process would go should we choose to go that route. We started our journey in July 2012 with injections and meds, had our egg retrieval in late August which went very well did our implantation and found out we were pregnant in early September . Through the whole process the communication was outstanding from the Dr as well as the IVF coordinator Shelly. Our follow up appts to confirm & montior this pregnancy were awesome until I was released to my regular OB dr at 13 wks pregnant. I now have a full term 9.1 oz baby boy who is an absolute miracle with the expertise and compassion of Dr. Sweet and his staff.

|  Happy, satisfied patient  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

After multiple miscarriages my husband and I made an appointment with Dr. Sweet who came highly recommended from several acquaintances. We were immediately impressed by the warm, compassionate office staff. We always felt that we were the number one priority, had short waits, and were given the time we needed to discuss things and ask questions. Dr. Sweet was very kind, understanding, and incredibly knowledgeable. We were very satisfied with how hard he worked to try and help us identify the cause of our miscarriages and the level of sensitivity he showed. We admired his professionalism. We were also pleased that Dr. Sweet did not push us into any procedures that were not necessary in regards to our case, such as IVF or IUF. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Dr. Sweet and his staff and I am thrilled to say we are expecting our first child. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Dr. Sweet!

Jul 23rd, 2013

We have been a patient for four years and two rounds of IVF. Our first experience with Dr. Sweet was good and resulted in the birth of our first child. Our second experience this past month was like night and day from the first. The staff has changed, including his embryologist, and there is just an unpleasant feeling in the air. The attention to detail is lacking and the laboratory results were without a doubt not as good as we previously experienced (we had one embryo to transfer this time, whereas we had two transferred and several frozen the first time). What bothers us most is the attitude of Dr. Sweet in regard to our situation. He has never been pleasant, however this time he was just downright non caring, rushed, and angry. We were very shocked when we were checking out of the practice and Dr. Sweet, told us that since we were satisfied patents he would like us to review him. He handed us a letter explaining that rating sites like this (mentioned this and several others by name) are put there and that the competition and others have rated him poorly so he was soliciting patients to write good reviews for him. While that may not be as unethical as we feel it is, it is something that has turned is away. If any business or doctor needs to ask his satisfied customers or patients to provide good reviews something is wrong. I am pretty sure he does not ask every patient to review him, just those he selects based on their outcomes.

Doctor's Response

As I have written before, we do encourage the patients that are leaving the practice to consider rating us. There are also significant issues with these types of anonymous rating sites. The lack of accountability is pervasive in other businesses such as the hotel and dining industries and medicine is no different. We strongly suspect that our competition has previously pretended to be a patient and rated us poorly. In response to this, we have indeed encouraged our patients to consider rating us. Any patient can rate us at any time and they often do. The reality is that we encourage all of our patients to review us but do focus on those that have been with us the longest or if we really went the extra mile hoping that they might share our hard work with others. Not knowing who is posting this review makes it difficult to respond in detail, but the perception was certainly that my practice could have done a better job. We always encourage constructive criticism and my staff and I will take these comments to heart. Regardless, I do wish this couple the best as I believe they have two children from the practice, something that so many of my patients can only dream of.

|  highly recommended  |  show details
May 13th, 2013

Dr. Sweet is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He is very thorough and cares about his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone struggling with fertility.

|  Very satisfied with the practice  |  show details
by Amanda Rossi on May 9th, 2013

There is not enough time in the day to express how amazing Dr. Sweet and his staff are. From the second I called to make my first appointment I felt at ease. Infertility is no easy path to go down, but this office made our journey very comfortable. A surgery was preformed by Dr. Sweet which was to remove my tubes, I will never forget waking from that surgery with Dr. Sweet by my side holding my hand making sure I was ok. Dr. Sweet truly puts your health and safety first. The IVF process was intense and at times stressful, but the staff is so patient, so knowledgeable and caring to your personal needs. They never get tired of you calling or asking questions. You are treated as if you are the only patient being seen and never rushed through appointments. I can go on forever about this amazing doctor and his staff. I would more than recommend this office to anyone in need of help getting pregnant. We are now pregnant with twins thanks to Dr. Sweet and for that we are beyond grateful.

|  Don't wait!  |  show details
May 7th, 2013

Dr. Sweet and his staff are awesome! We felt like they really put our best interests first, there was always someone available to answer questions and they always called promptly with results. I am very thankful that Dr. Sweet was the first doctor I was referred to by my OB. I would definitely recommend him to any one struggling to have a family. I only wish I would have went to him sooner!

|  Dr. Sweet is my rockstar!  |  show details
by Fort Lauderdale Mom on Apr 27th, 2013

I can't say enough about Dr. Sweet! After 2 years of loss, disappointment and immense expense with a Boca Raton/ Palm Beach Dr. I finally met Dr. Sweet. His skill, dedication and level of excellence in the fertility industry can't be matched. During my first visit with him he spent a lot of time getting to know me and explaining my options and conditions. I only had to drive 4 hours to find him. Now knowing what I know I would have driven days and moved mountains to become his patient. On my very first transfer and with frozen embryos I had success. I only wish I would have found him sooner!

by Gina F. on Apr 21st, 2013

Dr. Sweet is an amazing doctor. He is extremely thorough and detailed in his approaches. My husband and I felt very well taken care of throughout our entire experience. We would recommend him to women who are struggling getting pregnant! We were always impressed by his wealth of knowledge and professionalism.

|  Caring and very competent  |  show details
by KLB on Mar 12th, 2013

Office staff was very caring. They called me with lab results very promptly and showed concern. Lorrie and Dr. Sweet are very caring, realistic,and competent providers.

|  Satisfied Patient  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2013

My husband and I saw Dr. Sweet with undiagnosed infertility for over a year. My endocrinologist and OBGYN couldn’t find anything wrong with me. Dr. Sweet was able to diagnose me accurately right after all the preliminary tests came back. They adjusted my medications and I was pregnant 3 months after I was diagnosed. I did not need IUI or IVF and they did not pressure me to try expensive/invasive procedures I did not need. Because Dr. Sweet and his staff take their time with each patient, they sometimes run late for appointments but they are well worth the wait. We are very thankful for Dr. Sweet and his staff’s professionalism and skill and we are expecting a baby in a couple months.

|  Completely happy patient  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

For medical reasons my husband and I had to see Dr. Sweet to plan our family, while under the care of him and his amazing staff, we felt as if we were part of their family. It is a warm environment where they just welcome people whole heartedly!! Even in the situation my husband were in, we didn't get the results immediately that we wanted and the staff kept us at ease and always let us know of our options along the way!! We wouldn't recommend anyone else wiht such a sensitive subject.

Aug 23rd, 2012

Dr. Sweet was a great Dr. I have a lot of medical issues. Dr. Sweet did a great job explaining everything and helped explore all options. He was honest and upfront with my chances of conceiving. I started seeing Dr. Sweet in 2011, after a minor outpatient surgery and one cycle of IVF. I'm now pregnant with twins. I also recommended a friend to Dr. Sweet after she had many IVF treatments with a different doctor. She is also now pregnant. He knows his job and does it well.

|  Misdiagnosed Major Problem  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

My husband and I went to see Dr. Sweet. We did more than one round of IVF which did not result in success. We are young and healthy, so needless to say, we were devastated.We opted to find a new clinic and do one more round at the top fertility clinic in the United States. They noticed a serious problem with my uterus on my first visit. It's a very obvious problem that has always been there. Had I gotten pregnant by going to Dr. Sweet, there is a very good chance that I would have lost the baby due to the problem with my uterus. It's very upsetting that this problem was never detected by Dr. Sweet in my many visits to his office. I have had surgery to correct the uterus problem,and it turns out, it was a very easy fix.We also thought that Dr. Sweet's office had a success rate of around 57%. They advertise something close to this on their website. What we did not know, is their success rate has declined drastically in the last several years. The last published success rate shows a success rate of just 26.1% for Dr. Sweet's clinic. These are the stats that should be published on their website. This is very misleading and unethical to lead people to believe they have a 57% success rate, when it's only 26.1%. I encourage everyone to do a lot of research before selecting a clinic. A great resource for checking success rates among clines is: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/art/Apps/FertilityClinicReport.aspx

Doctor's Response

Regarding a serious problem with the uterus, I have no way to comment on it. Each and every patient has a cavity evaluation of some sort to make certain the cavity is normal before we place any embryos. We do at times have to rely on another person's work such as an HSG or hysteroscopy. We try not to repeat previous studies to minimize costs and time involved. The patient is absolutely right that success rates in a small-to-medium sized practice can vary from year to year which is why we try to give cumulative success rates over a longer period of time. Some years within a particular category are great and then the next will be lower. Cumulative rates give a better picture of the overall success rates than shorter periods of time. I could be equally criticized if we "cherry-picked" a good year using only this to explain our success rates. I am pleased that she was successful, where ever she went. I am sorry we couldn't have done it for her the first time around.

|  Great Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

My husband and I struggled with infertility for over two years. We decided to see Dr. Sweet due to his high success rate. Everyone in the office was very friendly and professional throughout the entire IVF process. We are now 12 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier! I definitely recommend Dr. Sweet.

|  Great doctor and practice!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

I am so happy that when I needed help I was sent to Dr. Sweet. He is very considerate and cares about his patients. As a mid level practioner, I truely recommend this practice if you are dealing with infertility. It is a very difficult diagnosis to deal with so when you are in need of help you really have to have someone who is to the point in getting you the outcome which you have been working for. And for most people that is a long road of unsucess until you come here. They do their best in explaining the process. They freely give a ton of information online which are avaliable 24-7. They answer all questions within a reasonable amount of time even thought they are busy. As glad as I am to be leaving Dr. Sweet's practice, I know in a few years I will be back for my second child. Yes his work was a sucess!!! And my husband and I couldn't be happier!

|  Very good experience with this physician and his whole staff.  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

Physician is very professional, high value on patient teaching. We would recommend him to others.

|  Fantastic Dr.!  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Dr. Sweet is a fantastic Dr. He is extremely knowledgeable and patient. He uses humor to explain the processes. I would recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone who is having difficulty trying to conceive. He makes sure both the male and female are completely at ease during the appointment and he takes all the time in the world to explain what comes next. He is very caring!

|  EXCELLENT Physician and Caring and professional Staff  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

As a 42 year old very happy mom to be; I would strongly recommend Dr. Sweet. Both of my tubes were blocked, I had fibroids in and outside my uterus, and endometriosis. Now factor my age and you realize I was quite a challenge. Dr. Sweet who is such a Great surgeon performed successful surgery to remove my fibroids and endometriosis. Can you believe even though several of my fibroids were the size of an orange; he was able to remove them without causing any harm to my uterus. Getting pregnant has been quite a journey, I'm so so thankful Dr. Sweet and his team were there to direct and guide us along the way. We are forever Grateful.

Feb 22nd, 2012

I will recommend Dr. Sweet, I had a very good experience and got great results.

Nov 15th, 2011

I am very pleased with Dr Sweet. Several appointments were little to no wait, several were about 30 mins, and one was 45 mins because of an emergency. Over all I am very pleased, Dr Sweet is caring, direct, to the point, and very thorough. He gives plenty of details which I love, and is attentive to questions. I would highly recommend Dr Sweet to anyone.

Aug 24th, 2011

I am currently seeing Dr. Sweet for the second time. Our first experience with him was wonderful and so far the second has been as well. Our first time with Dr. Sweet resulted in our beautiful daughter. We had tried to get pregnant for 5 years and saw another reproductive doctor before finding Dr. Sweet. He is very, very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything thoroughly. I think the way he explains things and his direct answers (some you may not want to hear) are taken by some as rude. I think these people are overly sensitive. The man knows his stuff and we came to have a baby, not add someone to our Christmas list. I will agree with the other reviews about answering the phone during your visit. It happened to us once and he answered. The call was brief and was from his son, but was very unprofessional. You are asked to not use your phone during the visit, but he does. While I agree this is out of the ordinary, as I said before we came to get pregnant and he is the best at helping with that.His staff has always been pleasant and helpful, The nurses are just the best and it feels like they are actually your friends. The love what they do and it shows.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words. The issues with phone calls from family are very difficult to address. I have asked that they only call with emergencies so when they do call, I need to take the calls. I have continued to work with my teens but they are often challenging and feel issues that most of us would believe are not an emergency are a dire situation in their minds. With a little work, most of my patients will get to experience the same years after they come to see me and my staff.

|  Criminally Cruel  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

He is so concerned with research that he barely seemed to have time to meet with us. It took us almost a year to actually meet with him. Then when we did, he was rude and actually took phone calls from his children and then joked sarcastically about the joys of parenthood. How callous!

Doctor's Response

I apologize for taking calls from my children but I thought it might be an emergency. I'm not sure why it would take a full year to see me since the interval from request to visit is usually only a few weeks. I did not mean to offend.

|  RUDE< RUDE< RUDE  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

Dr Sweet is a RUDE man. We went to see him for the obvious reason and he could not have been more nasty to us. We went to another Reprod. Endocrin. in the Chicago area and got pregnant with our beautiful little girl. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  You may get results, but expect to pay  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2010

Dr. Sweet did not recommend any lifestyle adjustments before jumping to the most invasive and expensive medical procedure to get us pregnant. He didn't even inquire about the frequency and timing of intercourse. I just felt like he was a scientist and not a caring, human being. He may know how to use ART to get you pregnant, but I didn't find his services to be at all nurturing.

Doctor's Response

The average amount of time my patients have been infertile is about three years. Frequency of intercourse is rarely the issue and infrequently the issue years prior when sexual activity is usually greater than when they come in for their visit. Regarding other lifestyle changes, I frequently speak about them but some patients don't want to hear that their smoking or alcohol consumption may be harming their chances to conceive. It is always a careful balance between what people are willing to listen to and telling the patients what may be the most important points in their care.

May 27th, 2009

This doctor has a high success rate of successful births after infertility. However, his bedside manner is rude, unsupportive, arrogant, and impatient. He is unwilling to field questions. He snapped at me for asking a question and directed me to his nurse to provide an answer. He was an hour late for a very important appointment with me and complained that all he was able to eat for lunch was a power bar. He also told me how bored he was with performing ultrasounds to count follicles - so bored that he had to hire a nurse. At Dr. Sweet's office, you'll spend 90% of your time with nurses and med techs - don't expect to build any rapport with Dr. Sweet.

Doctor's Response

I apologize for being late. I am sorry but it does sometimes happen when emergencies occur or when other patients run late making me late. Unfortunately, I don't double-book so if one patient runs late, it cascades across the morning and sometimes into the afternoon. My first visit is booked for one hour. My final discussion where we examine the issues and decide the most reasonable alternatives is 45 minutes long. You will find it rare that physicians can devote this much time to patients these days. If not adequate, I try to be sure to remind the patients they are free to return to discuss further but perhaps I forgot to do so on this visit.

May 24th, 2009

Best doctor you'll find anywhere in this area. If you can't get pregnant, he'll make it happen!!! I know so many people personally who have gone to him and they all love him.