Dr. Craig Sweet, MD
Reproductive Endocrinologist, Endocrinologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great Doctor, Great experience show details Great Doctor, Great experience
by Alisa R on Sep 15th, 2016

Dr Sweet is very experienced and knowledgable. He cares greatly about his patients and takes his time to answer your questions. Loved his staff, they were very kind and helpful. Laurie the nurse practitioner and Rebecca the IVF coordinator were wonderful as well, and available for questions. Very experienced and worked well with me and my husband. I highly recommend Dr Sweet and his whole office.

by Taneisha Lewis on Jul 25th, 2016

Dr. Sweet staffs is great and I love the service that i received from Dr. Sweets he is very honest.

by Issa on Jun 6th, 2016

From my initial visit with Dr. Sweet till the very end, it was very clear that he is very passionate and knowledgeable with what he does. He always answered any questions I had no matter how silly there were. He was able to tell me exactly what was going on with me and what our best options were. There were no unnecessary tests or money wasted. Once he gave us our options, we decided to go ahead with the IVF. His staff was very helpful with learning how to do the injections and if we ever had any questions, the nurse was just a phone call away. They monitored my progress closely and helped us achieve a successful pregnancy. We are now 14 weeks pregnant with Twins and couldn't thank Dr. Sweet enough for our little miracles!

Very successful Doctor show details Very successful Doctor
by Jacsibe Veliz on Jan 28th, 2016

Since my first interview with Dr Sweet I knew God had listened my prayers. It tooks two years to finally get pregnant, but it wasn't Doctor fault. He had to make two surgeries, one to remove my only tube left and polyps and then when we thought we were ready for the IVF more polyps came up, and as first time he did an excellent job in the surgery. Now I'm very pregnant after 17 years of infertility, I'm 41 old and we just could get one only embryo, he transferred the embryo a Sunday afternoon, I will never forget that day , and he knew what he was doing! He is a very successful Doctor and could never thanks enough to him for everything he did for us ! I recommend him to anyone dreaming with a child , you won't be disappointed!

Best all around! show details Best all around!
Jul 14th, 2015

Dr. Sweet and his staff are the BEST! I highly recommend anyone to see him.

Excellent doctor & staff!! show details Excellent doctor & staff!!
by Jennifer Maples on Apr 25th, 2015

Dr. Sweet is very thorough & explains things very well. We actually got pregnant after out first treatment!! He knows what he is doing!!

Great Dr. Thank you! show details Great Dr. Thank you!
Feb 23rd, 2015

Our experience with Specialist in Reproductive Medicine & Surgery P.A. was absolutely wonderful! Firstly Dr. Sweet came highly recommended from our gynecologist as the best reproductive specialist in the area. Further, our well accredited gynecologist advocated exclusively for Dr. Sweet and his practice. While recommendations from qualified professionals go a long way, personal experience weighs heavily as well. Dr. Sweet accurately and precisely identified my atypical physical abnormality which was overlooked by every obstetrician I have ever had (including the doctor that delivered my first child by c-section). While Dr. Sweet’s frank manner may be off-putting to some, it is rooted in honesty and a desire to set reasonable expectations and disclose all information relevant to the situation. At times he seemed cynical, but in hindsight I realize he was merely preparing us for the difficult road ahead. Throughout the process I asked exhaustive questions, and was met with the utmost patience and elaborate answers. Dr. Sweet took the time to illustrate my anatomy and answer all of my inquiries whether intelligent or misinformed. The first pregnancy I achieved under Dr. Sweet’s care ended tragically in miscarriage. He and his staff demonstrated empathy and compassion which was both comforting and authentic. My next pregnancy and subsequent referral to my normal OBGYN was met with sincere appreciation for my family’s good fortune. From my first to hopefully my final interaction with Specialist in Reproductive Medicine, Dr. Sweet’s priorities have been clear: Primarily my physical and emotional welfare and secondarily the expansion of my wonderful family. Thank you Dr. Sweet and your entire team for all you have done for our family!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! show details HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
by Tara Bencomo on Feb 8th, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Sweet and his staff. My husband and I underwent several tests and eventually two cycles of IVF. Throughout our entire journey they were supportive, empathetic, informative, and encouraging. The second cycle of IVF worked and I now have a newborn son! I cannot thank Dr. Sweet enough for allowing me to become a mother.

Amazing show details Amazing
Apr 30th, 2014

Amazing place that works magic! The office is high tech with a sleek modern decor. All the equipment is new and state of the art. The entire staff is friendly and professional. All appointments *never* delayed; every one was right on time. Actually, Dr. would not have accepted anything less than perfect. What a wonderful office! What a wonderful experience!

by Jan on Jan 23rd, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Sweet to any couple struggling with infertility. He is highly intelligent and detail oriented, and takes care in working with his patients. He never tried to push us into having any procedure done, but provided us with extensive information and allowed us to make the decision on what was best for us. I trust his care, and truly felt like he cared about me as a patient. He spend ample amount of time explaining everything to us at each visit, and never seemed frustrated with the many questions I asked.

If success is what you are looking for, look no further show details If success is what you are looking for, look no further
Oct 10th, 2013

My husband and I went to Dr. Sweet knowing that I had some genetic issues, after extensive tests we learned I had more issues than thought and my husband also had issues. Obviously this made the process more difficult and more emotional. Dr. Sweet and his staff left no stone unturned to determine the entire situation we were dealing with and what all of our options were. We were given prompt appointments without extensive waiting periods in between. I never waited longer than 10 minutes (rarely) to be called back for an appointment. We met with different members of the staff, each who specialized in their own area and gave us an entire breakdown of what we were looking at and what our options were. All the staff were excellent, friendly and compassionate, always understanding the sensitivity of what we were dealing with. I have never met a more intelligent, competent person than Dr. Craig Sweet. My husband and I are currently 27 weeks pregnant with twins and could not be happier, particularly since there was a time we thought adoption was our only option and we both desperately wanted the experience of making our own babies. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand and cradle you as you cry and tell you everything will be okay and promise absolute success, you may want to look elsewhere. If you are looking for someone who completely understands the issues of infertility and genetics, who is always thinking outside the box to find resolution to help you start your family, who continues to gain education and keep up on the latest breakthroughs of science, and who will explain every detail of your situation, offering you all options that are available to you and promising that he will always do is best, then look no further. Dr. Sweet will not coddle you, he will break it down for you and be completely honest with you. He will not promise false hope and he will always go the extra mile to help your family. I know there are doctors that promise 100% success; they overpromise and underdeliver. I know people who have gone to these doctors and have been repeatedly let down by failures, and then went to Dr. Sweet and had mulitple successful pregnancies with his help. I would not recommend anyone else other than Dr. Craig Sweet to assist anyone looking to start their family.

Happy, satisfied patient show details Happy, satisfied patient
Jul 23rd, 2013

After multiple miscarriages my husband and I made an appointment with Dr. Sweet who came highly recommended from several acquaintances. We were immediately impressed by the warm, compassionate office staff. We always felt that we were the number one priority, had short waits, and were given the time we needed to discuss things and ask questions. Dr. Sweet was very kind, understanding, and incredibly knowledgeable. We were very satisfied with how hard he worked to try and help us identify the cause of our miscarriages and the level of sensitivity he showed. We admired his professionalism. We were also pleased that Dr. Sweet did not push us into any procedures that were not necessary in regards to our case, such as IVF or IUF. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Dr. Sweet and his staff and I am thrilled to say we are expecting our first child. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Dr. Sweet!

Jul 23rd, 2013

We have been a patient for four years and two rounds of IVF. Our first experience with Dr. Sweet was good and resulted in the birth of our first child. Our second experience this past month was like night and day from the first. The staff has changed, including his embryologist, and there is just an unpleasant feeling in the air. The attention to detail is lacking and the laboratory results were without a doubt not as good as we previously experienced (we had one embryo to transfer this time, whereas we had two transferred and several frozen the first time). What bothers us most is the attitude of Dr. Sweet in regard to our situation. He has never been pleasant, however this time he was just downright non caring, rushed, and angry. We were very shocked when we were checking out of the practice and Dr. Sweet, told us that since we were satisfied patents he would like us to review him. He handed us a letter explaining that rating sites like this (mentioned this and several others by name) are put there and that the competition and others have rated him poorly so he was soliciting patients to write good reviews for him. While that may not be as unethical as we feel it is, it is something that has turned is away. If any business or doctor needs to ask his satisfied customers or patients to provide good reviews something is wrong. I am pretty sure he does not ask every patient to review him, just those he selects based on their outcomes.

Doctor's Response

As I have written before, we do encourage the patients that are leaving the practice to consider rating us. There are also significant issues with these types of anonymous rating sites. The lack of accountability is pervasive in other businesses such as the hotel and dining industries and medicine is no different. We strongly suspect that our competition has previously pretended to be a patient and rated us poorly. In response to this, we have indeed encouraged our patients to consider rating us. Any patient can rate us at any time and they often do. The reality is that we encourage all of our patients to review us but do focus on those that have been with us the longest or if we really went the extra mile hoping that they might share our hard work with others. Not knowing who is posting this review makes it difficult to respond in detail, but the perception was certainly that my practice could have done a better job. We always encourage constructive criticism and my staff and I will take these comments to heart. Regardless, I do wish this couple the best as I believe they have two children from the practice, something that so many of my patients can only dream of.

highly recommended show details highly recommended
May 13th, 2013

Dr. Sweet is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He is very thorough and cares about his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone struggling with fertility.

Very satisfied with the practice show details Very satisfied with the practice
by Amanda Rossi on May 9th, 2013

There is not enough time in the day to express how amazing Dr. Sweet and his staff are. From the second I called to make my first appointment I felt at ease. Infertility is no easy path to go down, but this office made our journey very comfortable. A surgery was preformed by Dr. Sweet which was to remove my tubes, I will never forget waking from that surgery with Dr. Sweet by my side holding my hand making sure I was ok. Dr. Sweet truly puts your health and safety first. The IVF process was intense and at times stressful, but the staff is so patient, so knowledgeable and caring to your personal needs. They never get tired of you calling or asking questions. You are treated as if you are the only patient being seen and never rushed through appointments. I can go on forever about this amazing doctor and his staff. I would more than recommend this office to anyone in need of help getting pregnant. We are now pregnant with twins thanks to Dr. Sweet and for that we are beyond grateful.

Don't wait! show details Don't wait!
May 7th, 2013

Dr. Sweet and his staff are awesome! We felt like they really put our best interests first, there was always someone available to answer questions and they always called promptly with results. I am very thankful that Dr. Sweet was the first doctor I was referred to by my OB. I would definitely recommend him to any one struggling to have a family. I only wish I would have went to him sooner!

Dr. Sweet is my rockstar! show details Dr. Sweet is my rockstar!
by Fort Lauderdale Mom on Apr 27th, 2013

I can't say enough about Dr. Sweet! After 2 years of loss, disappointment and immense expense with a Boca Raton/ Palm Beach Dr. I finally met Dr. Sweet. His skill, dedication and level of excellence in the fertility industry can't be matched. During my first visit with him he spent a lot of time getting to know me and explaining my options and conditions. I only had to drive 4 hours to find him. Now knowing what I know I would have driven days and moved mountains to become his patient. On my very first transfer and with frozen embryos I had success. I only wish I would have found him sooner!

by Gina F. on Apr 21st, 2013

Dr. Sweet is an amazing doctor. He is extremely thorough and detailed in his approaches. My husband and I felt very well taken care of throughout our entire experience. We would recommend him to women who are struggling getting pregnant! We were always impressed by his wealth of knowledge and professionalism.

Caring and very competent show details Caring and very competent
by KLB on Mar 12th, 2013

Office staff was very caring. They called me with lab results very promptly and showed concern. Lorrie and Dr. Sweet are very caring, realistic,and competent providers.

Satisfied Patient show details Satisfied Patient
Jan 20th, 2013

My husband and I saw Dr. Sweet with undiagnosed infertility for over a year. My endocrinologist and OBGYN couldn’t find anything wrong with me. Dr. Sweet was able to diagnose me accurately right after all the preliminary tests came back. They adjusted my medications and I was pregnant 3 months after I was diagnosed. I did not need IUI or IVF and they did not pressure me to try expensive/invasive procedures I did not need. Because Dr. Sweet and his staff take their time with each patient, they sometimes run late for appointments but they are well worth the wait. We are very thankful for Dr. Sweet and his staff’s professionalism and skill and we are expecting a baby in a couple months.

Completely happy patient show details Completely happy patient
Sep 18th, 2012

For medical reasons my husband and I had to see Dr. Sweet to plan our family, while under the care of him and his amazing staff, we felt as if we were part of their family. It is a warm environment where they just welcome people whole heartedly!! Even in the situation my husband were in, we didn't get the results immediately that we wanted and the staff kept us at ease and always let us know of our options along the way!! We wouldn't recommend anyone else wiht such a sensitive subject.

Aug 23rd, 2012

Dr. Sweet was a great Dr. I have a lot of medical issues. Dr. Sweet did a great job explaining everything and helped explore all options. He was honest and upfront with my chances of conceiving. I started seeing Dr. Sweet in 2011, after a minor outpatient surgery and one cycle of IVF. I'm now pregnant with twins. I also recommended a friend to Dr. Sweet after she had many IVF treatments with a different doctor. She is also now pregnant. He knows his job and does it well.

Great Doctor and Staff show details Great Doctor and Staff
Jul 16th, 2012

My husband and I struggled with infertility for over two years. We decided to see Dr. Sweet due to his high success rate. Everyone in the office was very friendly and professional throughout the entire IVF process. We are now 12 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier! I definitely recommend Dr. Sweet.

Great doctor and practice! show details Great doctor and practice!
Jul 1st, 2012

I am so happy that when I needed help I was sent to Dr. Sweet. He is very considerate and cares about his patients. As a mid level practioner, I truely recommend this practice if you are dealing with infertility. It is a very difficult diagnosis to deal with so when you are in need of help you really have to have someone who is to the point in getting you the outcome which you have been working for. And for most people that is a long road of unsucess until you come here. They do their best in explaining the process. They freely give a ton of information online which are avaliable 24-7. They answer all questions within a reasonable amount of time even thought they are busy. As glad as I am to be leaving Dr. Sweet's practice, I know in a few years I will be back for my second child. Yes his work was a sucess!!! And my husband and I couldn't be happier!

Very good experience with this physician and his whole staff. show details Very good experience with this physician and his whole staff.
Jun 7th, 2012

Physician is very professional, high value on patient teaching. We would recommend him to others.

Fantastic Dr.! show details Fantastic Dr.!
Apr 16th, 2012

Dr. Sweet is a fantastic Dr. He is extremely knowledgeable and patient. He uses humor to explain the processes. I would recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone who is having difficulty trying to conceive. He makes sure both the male and female are completely at ease during the appointment and he takes all the time in the world to explain what comes next. He is very caring!

EXCELLENT Physician and Caring and professional Staff show details EXCELLENT Physician and Caring and professional Staff
Mar 20th, 2012

As a 42 year old very happy mom to be; I would strongly recommend Dr. Sweet. Both of my tubes were blocked, I had fibroids in and outside my uterus, and endometriosis. Now factor my age and you realize I was quite a challenge. Dr. Sweet who is such a Great surgeon performed successful surgery to remove my fibroids and endometriosis. Can you believe even though several of my fibroids were the size of an orange; he was able to remove them without causing any harm to my uterus. Getting pregnant has been quite a journey, I'm so so thankful Dr. Sweet and his team were there to direct and guide us along the way. We are forever Grateful.

Feb 22nd, 2012

I will recommend Dr. Sweet, I had a very good experience and got great results.

Nov 15th, 2011

I am very pleased with Dr Sweet. Several appointments were little to no wait, several were about 30 mins, and one was 45 mins because of an emergency. Over all I am very pleased, Dr Sweet is caring, direct, to the point, and very thorough. He gives plenty of details which I love, and is attentive to questions. I would highly recommend Dr Sweet to anyone.

Aug 24th, 2011

I am currently seeing Dr. Sweet for the second time. Our first experience with him was wonderful and so far the second has been as well. Our first time with Dr. Sweet resulted in our beautiful daughter. We had tried to get pregnant for 5 years and saw another reproductive doctor before finding Dr. Sweet. He is very, very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything thoroughly. I think the way he explains things and his direct answers (some you may not want to hear) are taken by some as rude. I think these people are overly sensitive. The man knows his stuff and we came to have a baby, not add someone to our Christmas list. I will agree with the other reviews about answering the phone during your visit. It happened to us once and he answered. The call was brief and was from his son, but was very unprofessional. You are asked to not use your phone during the visit, but he does. While I agree this is out of the ordinary, as I said before we came to get pregnant and he is the best at helping with that.His staff has always been pleasant and helpful, The nurses are just the best and it feels like they are actually your friends. The love what they do and it shows.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words. The issues with phone calls from family are very difficult to address. I have asked that they only call with emergencies so when they do call, I need to take the calls. I have continued to work with my teens but they are often challenging and feel issues that most of us would believe are not an emergency are a dire situation in their minds. With a little work, most of my patients will get to experience the same years after they come to see me and my staff.

Criminally Cruel show details Criminally Cruel
Apr 15th, 2011

He is so concerned with research that he barely seemed to have time to meet with us. It took us almost a year to actually meet with him. Then when we did, he was rude and actually took phone calls from his children and then joked sarcastically about the joys of parenthood. How callous!

Doctor's Response

I apologize for taking calls from my children but I thought it might be an emergency. I'm not sure why it would take a full year to see me since the interval from request to visit is usually only a few weeks. I did not mean to offend.

RUDE< RUDE< RUDE show details RUDE< RUDE< RUDE
Mar 7th, 2011

Dr Sweet is a RUDE man. We went to see him for the obvious reason and he could not have been more nasty to us. We went to another Reprod. Endocrin. in the Chicago area and got pregnant with our beautiful little girl. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

You may get results, but expect to pay show details You may get results, but expect to pay
Dec 31st, 2010

Dr. Sweet did not recommend any lifestyle adjustments before jumping to the most invasive and expensive medical procedure to get us pregnant. He didn't even inquire about the frequency and timing of intercourse. I just felt like he was a scientist and not a caring, human being. He may know how to use ART to get you pregnant, but I didn't find his services to be at all nurturing.

Doctor's Response

The average amount of time my patients have been infertile is about three years. Frequency of intercourse is rarely the issue and infrequently the issue years prior when sexual activity is usually greater than when they come in for their visit. Regarding other lifestyle changes, I frequently speak about them but some patients don't want to hear that their smoking or alcohol consumption may be harming their chances to conceive. It is always a careful balance between what people are willing to listen to and telling the patients what may be the most important points in their care.

May 27th, 2009

This doctor has a high success rate of successful births after infertility. However, his bedside manner is rude, unsupportive, arrogant, and impatient. He is unwilling to field questions. He snapped at me for asking a question and directed me to his nurse to provide an answer. He was an hour late for a very important appointment with me and complained that all he was able to eat for lunch was a power bar. He also told me how bored he was with performing ultrasounds to count follicles - so bored that he had to hire a nurse. At Dr. Sweet's office, you'll spend 90% of your time with nurses and med techs - don't expect to build any rapport with Dr. Sweet.

Doctor's Response

I apologize for being late. I am sorry but it does sometimes happen when emergencies occur or when other patients run late making me late. Unfortunately, I don't double-book so if one patient runs late, it cascades across the morning and sometimes into the afternoon. My first visit is booked for one hour. My final discussion where we examine the issues and decide the most reasonable alternatives is 45 minutes long. You will find it rare that physicians can devote this much time to patients these days. If not adequate, I try to be sure to remind the patients they are free to return to discuss further but perhaps I forgot to do so on this visit.

May 24th, 2009

Best doctor you'll find anywhere in this area. If you can't get pregnant, he'll make it happen!!! I know so many people personally who have gone to him and they all love him.