Dr. Craig Thomas MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 6th, 2017
True Servant of the People
So caring, knowledgeable and just a truly GREAT doctor...

June 29th, 2016
I could not ask for a better Physician. Professional. Involved. empathetic.

September 14th, 2015
Dr. Thomas is an amazing professional!
I had a partial hip replacement done and have never felt any pain or discomfort in my hip since. Dr. Thomas is an amazing professional!

April 27th, 2015
Dr Thomas is the ultimate professional. He is very skilled and spent plenty of time with me, ensuring that all of my questions were answered.

January 14th, 2015
Great Doc
Wait time was about 10 mins, most of that was me filling out paperwork. Saw the doc, told him about my pain, he examined my knee, hip and back then sent me to xray. Talked about what I had already done in the past (pain meds, shots, knee brace, therapy) and recommended knee replacement. We talked about all the ins and outs of surgery, most of which I already knew and had researched. Anyhow, I'm an active busy professional. I appreciate and respect busy professionals. I felt as though Dr. Thomas took enough time with me, in just one visit (although I had seen two other orthopedic docs for the same problem), explained the ins and outs of arthritis and surgery, but also came with excellent 1st degree family/friend recommendations and known results, to choose him to perform my knee replacement. The comments I see on some of my favorite docs on these rating sites don't seem to reflect an understanding of professionals: If you want to spend 1 hr with a specialist discussing your problem, 1) You're going to be waiting 6 months to get in (8 people could be seen each day plus a couple of hours of paperwork is a rough estimate...assuming they work a 10 hr. day), 2) if the surgeon only saw 8 patients a day, how many surgeries would he/she do?, how many surgeries should they do, in order to be "good"?...I think you probably want a good/great surgeon. 3) Concierge Medicine may be best for someone that wants to spend a lot of time with a doc. If docs ever bill like lawyers, I'll bet then they'll spend 1-2 hrs. with each patient!!!!

June 11th, 2013
Patient
I'd first like to start off by saying that the patient, "cynical doctor" commented on a Dr that is not the Dr Craig Thomas I know or saw, as a orthopedist. Whoever this Dr is that this patient is describing, might be an imposter. The Dr Craig Thomas, orthopedic surgeon that this page is referring to is absolutely an excellent physician. Regarding time, I have seen Dr Thomas at least 10 times and not once was he late. He was there already seeing patients when I arrived. Dr Thomas is one of the most personable physician's I have ever come across with stellar bedside manner. Once the visit is over, you'll have thought you knew him from long ago. His skill as an orthopedist is impeccable and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Dr Thomas makes you feel comfortable during the visit and he gives you time to express any concerns related to the problem you've come to visit him for. After having surgery on my left knee, I returned to his office for a follow up and he spent the necessary time to explain to me what I was to expect in the coming weeks. Dr Craig Thomas is a very competent surgeon whose reputation precedes him.

March 18th, 2013
Cynical Doctor
Well, before I start my testimony I would like to say my statement is nothing personal just stating mere facts base from my visit. When I first visited Dr. Thomas in his Bowie Md. location he was 45mins. late with my set appointment. After moving from the lobby to his waiting room I then awaited an additional 20mins. Once he finally entered and gathered an understanding of my visit he didn't show any zeal towards that I chose him to be a second opinion doctor to my transverse fracture patella. To add I was not expecting back flips from him but just for him to probe me with questions to get a full spectrum of what was and not done with previous doctor instead he was very speedy and evasive of answering my questions and concerns.In addition his office at this particular location didn't have X-ray equipment there. Fortunate enough I had copies on a CD to help him not give me answers as to why my knee resulted the way it did. Instead he referred me to more therapy which I had just finished prior to me seeing him. His stated reason to me was to see if fibrous tissue was gonna fill the open gap in my patella. So he never came back into the room to see if I had any concerns or further questions or objections. Instead his assistant closed my visit with her stumbling speaking in third person for Dr. Thomas and leaving the fate of my knee inconclusive again wow what a way to start my second opinion. So, after 4weeks and 12 visits to the P.T. he referred to me, I set an appointment to see him for the follow up. The morning of my follow up visit again I was early and he was 20mins late boldly walking through the waiting area with his coat on making it clear he was just arriving to work. So 30mins. later he calls me to the back at this location an Xray machine is in the office. After taking images he does not review them with me and when I started asking questions he rudely cuts me short and did not conduct an reciprocal dialogue with me. He went on to release me to work which I agreed to after I was only allowed to briefly explain my work duties. Additionally he did not return any of the P.T. phone calls in efforts to reach out to him to compare notes or even to vocalize concerns of my visits with her I know this because she told me prior to my last visit with her that Dr. Thomas has not returned phone calls to her to discuss progress and she felt the need for more sessions not to mention. So after my first 40hrs. at work I tried to call Dr. Thomas all to find his office closed an hour early than usual. However due to pain and swelling being involved with the nature of me calling I left an message with after hour answer service for a return phone call from Dr. Thomas. Instead I got an returned call from his assistant which from the moment I answered the call back I detected haste behind her asking me questions and then her rudely cutting me off without me finishing my explanation. This was frustrating and unprofessional and I told her so also adding how Dr. Thomas does the same rudeness with his touch and go habits. She then replied very cynical like by taking a personal offense to what I said about my experience with the Dr. Thomas by stating "I dont appreciate what you saying about Dr.Thomas no one ever said what you are saying and you dont know what you are talking about. So if you are going to come to his office on Monday you need to be there at 10 a.m." and then abruptly hung the phone up on me. So I arrived for appointment and saw office manager and shared with her what happened, she apologized on their behalf, not excepted. They proceeded to see me his assistant had an facetious look on her face Dr. Thomas showed up with an fictitious stern look which was overt to me he was trying hard to compose emotions from within. He answered only two of my eight questions I had written in plain view of him from which I read from. He summed the visit up by saying the type of second surgery I may need is not his "specialty" and that he has a referral for me to see another orthopedic surgeon thats more versed in what may be needed to correct my patella issue. Closing words in this fiasco what a waste of time and my insurance funds not to mention an slap in the face and an insult to my tenacity. This is another shock of awareness that titled professionals are not always professionals.

February 17th, 2016