Orthopaedic Surgeon
1290 Summer St
Ste 4400
Stamford, CT 06905
203-323-7331
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Eh...  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2013

He didn't really listen to me and what he told me and wrote to the Physical Therapist were conflicting. He was nice enough, but he seemed rushed and uninterested. He did explain things well and I think he is competent so it just depends on what you're looking for in a doctor. The practice's Physical Therapy center deserves 0 stars and if he prescribes PT go somewhere else! They seem relatively flighty, they all chat with each other and seem less focused on you, and they see you while seeing other patients at the same time in a big open space. The clincher is they charge by time instead of session so even though you do the same exercises every session, if the PT takes 45 minutes instead of 30 because they're seeing 3 other people simultaneously.... you get charged for it - it should be criminal.

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2013

Dr Tifford's staff is wonderful. Dr Tifford on the other hand has horrible personal skills and his surgeon skills are not far behind. I had a torn acl which Dr Tifford claims to have repaired. I have had other drs tell me there are still tears. Dr Tifford's response to this was that he had fixed the major problem and that is all he can do. He then made a list of excuses. On top of that when I went for a second oppionion the dr asked for my records. Dr Tifford sent my records basically saying I was a complainer. I am very dissappointed in dr Tifford and I would not recommend him to anyone.

|  I would definately recommend Dr Tifford  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

I had a torn miniscus & arthritis in my left knee in 2010. On Dec 30 2010 Dr Tifford performed surgery to repair the miniscus & clean up my knee. I was back to bowling in 6 weeks & its almost 2 yrs since the surgery & my knee still feels great!!! I would highly recommend Dr Tifford to friends & family!!!

Nov 2nd, 2012

We have used Dr. Tifford for several different injuries. ACL, shoulder. We love his expertise, his professionalism and his manner.

Jun 1st, 2012

Horrible, simply horrible.

|  Might be a decent physician but I won't go back...  |  show details
May 28th, 2012

He might be a decent doctor but his condescending attitude, absymal bedside manor and general disregard for patient discomfort/pain is enough for us to look elsewhere the next time we need an Orthopaedist.

Feb 7th, 2011

I think Dr. Tifford is one of the finest doctors whom I've seen since moving to CT in 1989. He is thorough, careful, kind, and outstanding. I would recommend him without reservation for any orthopedic condition.