Dr. Craig Vine Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Craig Vine?

Dangerous

Posted on October 7th, 2014

Dr. Craig Vine is a dangerous man. I came to him with what was, I now know, a clear case of OCD. I had obsessional thoughts related to a longstanding fear of becoming psychotic. So what did Dr. Vine do? He diagnosed me with psychotic depression. It was a horror show: he saws me for five minutes, listened to my fears, and took the content of my fearful thoughts as the basis for diagnosis, rather than the fact that I had so much fear. Fear is the watchword; fear clearly points to an anxiety disorder, which OCD is. I have since had successful treatment with a therapist who specializes in OCD, particularly OCD with obsessional thoughts, and with medication for depression -- not psychotic depression, but your garden variety major depression, without psychosis. Had I listened to Dr. Vine, I'd be zoned out on antipsychotic medicine and still as freaked out as ever. He is dangerous. He should not be a psychiatrist.

Why Does This Man Practice Psychiatry?

Posted on June 17th, 2013

I am not sure why some people choose to practice psychiatry when they obviously have neither the calling nor the passion for the profession. Unfortunately, Dr. Vine is either burnt out or never had a calling to provide quality psychiatric care in the first place. My first visit to this provider was very disappointing, to say the least. The nurse who did my intake was very matter-of-fact, no sign of compassion, and Dr. Vine -- even more so. I felt as though I were a non person who was being hurried through an assembly line. It appeared my concerns were not heard or given consideration. I felt no sense of compassion, empathy or warmth from Dr. Vine and the whole experience was quite sterile. There was no eye contact. I was quickly evaluated and written a prescription. I waited a month and a half for my appointment and my entire time of face to face contact with Dr. Vine (if you can call it that with no eye contact) was no more than ten minutes.

Posted on June 17th, 2013

Dr. Vine spent very little time with me. There was no patient-doctor relationship. It is very doctor driven care with little concern for questions. I brought a friend with to an appointment and their comment was, "He doesn't see you as a person." Exactly. He's always in a hurry, rarely makes eye contact and believes in quickly prescribing drugs rather than helping people find their way back to optimal health.

A pharmaceutical machine with cold staff

Posted on May 8th, 2013

Making the appointment was easy. I was not given instructions to come early and the staff at the front desk did not provide clear instructions as to what they wanted when I arrived. Rather than sending paperwork in advance or having it available online like many other clinics, they give you a stack of paperwork to complete upon arrival.They then ask the same questions in the sit-down interview. Everyone's time would be much better spent if this paperwork could be completed and submitted in advance. When a nurse finally called me back, she disciplined me for being late, although I was on time for the appt. I told her no one informed me to come early, but she was cranky nonetheless. The nurse did a thorough interview and eventually warmed up a little, but I still felt guarded, which is not the way to feel when approaching psychiatry. I did get in to see the doctor, Craig Vine. His manner was fine, but I felt like my thoughts were not considered and the visit was so short I didn't get time to establish a rapport with him. In the end, I left feeling like I had been through an assembly line rather than a medical care plan. This is a physician-driven practice, not a patient-doctor approach. I would not recommend this facility to others.

Posted on April 27th, 2011

Dr Vine and his nurse, Doreen, have been extremely supportive and professional. I started seeing Dr Vine in 2006 and he has been able to stabilize my bipolar disorder and I have not had to be inpatient since then

I am very grateful to Dr Vine!

Posted on August 27th, 2009

Dr Vine does an excellent job. I have complete trust in his judgement. He has always taken the time to listen and he has been very patient with me even when i have been incompliant and difficult. I always know that even when i have not liked his recomendations he always has my best interest in mind.

Posted on April 5th, 2017