Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Dr Wlodarek  |  show details
by Ruby T on May 24th, 2014

Maybe Dr Wlodarek is a good doctor but my problem with him is he has very poor bedside manners.I dont feel he is really connected with me,he doesn't fully pay attention to what i am saying.When I entered the room he requested me to lie down.He will give me some test,but before that he is busy on his cell phone reading something.I felt so disgusted but I did say anything.This doctor should be reminded that we patients are human beings and we need personal touch,and I am sorry to say he doesn't have one. Well maybe the best thing for me to do is to look for another doctor instead of stressing me out.I hope and pray that he can read this message because I want him to be a very successful doctor may he improve his bedside manners ,I know he can!

|  Concerning  |  show details
May 13th, 2014

Once you get past Dr. Wlodarek's poor bedside manner he is a good doctor and very understanding. He spends most of your appt. starring at his computer screen and that can be unsettling until you get used to it, he also warms up after time and talks more...he seems to be shy at first. He does take the necessary time with you and that makes it easier to wait for him. There has been several occasions where I schedule an appointment first thing in the morning and he has been 30-45 minutes late even arriving to the office 3 seperate times and made no apology about it. His office staff in Melrose Park however is TERRIBLE. They clearly hate people in general and treat everyone like garbage. I sat and watched them leave a patient on hold for several minutes while talking bad about her as I was writing a check for my co-pay. I told Dr. Wlodarek about it but after this last round of phone calls I have been forced to make to the office because no one has called me back when they say they will I am on the fence about finding another doctor.

|  Better to avoid  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2014

I found this doctor to be uncompassionate and arrogant. I did not believe him to be listening to me at times. He even rolled his eyes when a woman was trying to get out of her wheel chair to enter his office. Once he diagnosed me. There was no follow up. Very disappointed.

|  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Wlodarek. He is thorough, kind and extremely knowledgeable.

|  Great  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

He is understanding about migraines and helpful!

|  RIGHT OR WRONG DIAGNOSIS  |  show details
May 25th, 2010

WE SAW DR. WLODAREK SEVERAL TIMES, INTSTEAD OF TALKING TO THE PATIENT DIRECTLY, DR. WLODAREK WAS TOO BUSY TYPING UP HIS NOTES DURING THE OFFICE VISIT. (COULD NOT HE HAVE DONE THIS AFTER WE LEFT?) AFTER SAW 3 OTHER NEUROLOGIST. NONE OF THE OTHER DOCTORS DID NOT SEE ANY SIGN OF PARKINSON DISEASE. THIS IS WHAT DR. WLODRAREK HAD DIAGNOSED. WHO WOULD YOU BELIEVE DR. WLODAREK OR "CHICAGO MAGAZINE 2008" TOP NEUROLOGIST WHO SAID MY HUSBAND DID NOT HAVE PARKINSON?